Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland looking good – no doubt thanks to Nick Mallett’s brilliant work to motivate them during the week!

This. 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

What looks like it’s going to be a Wales v Ireland qtr final has the makings of a classic encounter. Wales are finding some good form now and scored for fun today. Looking forward to that game.

donsimon
    Free Member

Now I’m not looking forward to next weekend. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Even Earls has had a good game today 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Does anyone else feel that spliting up into cup / bowl / shield competitions after the group stages would be good?

Top two from each group into the QF as now the other teams play off for minor trophies?

ditch_jockey

I’m rather disappointed that we’re not getting the usual shots of the coaching teams…

donsimon
    Free Member

Top two from each group into the QF as now the other teams play off for minor trophies?

Why? What would that demonstrate/achieve?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

DS – it would mean TJ could go on and on about how Scotland won a sheild in the RWC 2011… 😆

zokes
    Free Member

Does anyone else feel that spliting up into cup / bowl / shield competitions after the group stages would be good?

Nah, no point – the object is to win the tournament.

It would be too cheap a shot to suggest that you’re only making such a suggestion as your adopted country is out 😆

EDIT: MD beat me to it!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brian Moore was arguing for something similar. It certainly makes more sense than a 3rd/4th place play off which neither team ever seems to be interested in.

I’d be all for a shield competition – the final as prelude to the final proper. More rugby for the second tier nations, like Scotland.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Man of the Match today?

O’Brien for me. A real bright future for green machine rugby.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No, winning is everything, losers go home emptyhanded. The 3rd/4th place game is only for IRB rankings and no one can be bothered by that stage.

England won’t win this year but i wouldn’t want them playing for a 2nd-rate tin plate whilst the real game is played elsewhere.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

DD think I’d go for Healy, he was immense. OB and Ferris a close second

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What’s going on with the ref’s hair???

donsimon
    Free Member

*holds breath*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Penalty try.

Yellow card for the cheat. Just to piss off Nick The Almighty Cock Mallett.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

oooohhh…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did they not do the cup / bowl / plate thing in the 7s world cup?

Muddy / zokes – have you just been hoist by your own petard? Getting in a slagging about another team ?

😉

All real fans tend to be a bit one eyed. Its cos it comes from the heart.

zokes
    Free Member

That’s justice!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

*releases breath*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wooooo!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not slagging another team – i’m poking fun at you TJ which is somewhat different 😛

Still don’t want to see a 2nd comp within a comp. In the 7’s it’s different as a lot of Nations tend to use it as a training ground for younger players. The 15 man game is the big one and no one remembers or cares who came 2nd or 3rd.
    I can’t even remember what the score was in the 2007 final, just that SA won which is all that matters.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s set up what should be a great game next weekend.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Right, thats over with. I’m off out to be a fully-padded storm-trooper with my new holiday pads, suspect i’m going to feel faintly ridiculous and i may have to hide behind a drystone wall if i see any other mtb’ers around 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Really Muddy? Looked like slagging Scotland from where I sit. 🙂 Point made – one eyed fans do not make objective judges. One persons good natured tease is anothers barbed hatred

I’d like the bowl / plate competitions simply so that the minor teams get more meaningful games. Italy V tonga for a trophy? would that not be good?

Jamie
    Free Member

Well done my top 5 northern hemisphere team beginning with I!

anagallis_arvensis

Will A-A be along soon to go on & on & on about the dirty play. I mean D’Arcy lead with the forearm! There was a eye gouge!

I mentioned the gouge twice already, nowt in in it IMO, didnt see the darcy moment, been doing other stuff whilst the game was on. Funny how I get slagged off for highlighting dirty play and then the players are cited the next day.

Zokes you still havent answered your own question is the Dwarf tossing, breast nuzzling two time drink drive convicted world cup winner a bigger **** than the once golf buggie stealing drinking driving idiot. Or how about the three lewd comment making sex pests that I was talking about today?
    All I’ve done is point out headlines pertaining to the world cup, the England squad are the ones who appear to be making the non sporting ones.

Anyway Wales ireland. I reckon if Wales can win there lineouts they can beat Ireland, should be a good game. will be intresting to see if O’Brian can cope with Warbaton on the floor and if Wales can cope with O’Brian ball in hand. O’Brian still doesnt look like a 7 to me. Some difficult picks for Gatland if Hook and Lydiate are fit, will Lydiate replace Jones, will Byrne, Hook or 1/2p play 15. I expect lots of kicking from ireland so maybe not 1/2p. Byrne’s angles of running and timing from 15 are miles better than Hooks. Hook to bench for me.

Byrne
    North
    Davies
    Roberts
    Shane
    Priestland
    Phillips
    Faletau
    Warburton
    er.. not sure I think I favour Jones experience
    AW Jones
    Girafferis
    Adam Jones
    Bennet
    again if gethins fit its a tough call between him and James

zokes
    Free Member

I’d like the bowl / plate competitions simply so that the minor teams get more meaningful games. Italy V tonga for a trophy? would that not be good?

I believe there is already a tier 2 competition of some sort, isn’t there? If not, then perhaps there’s a case, but it shouldn’t really be open to test-playing nations, even Scotland / Italy. Let the smaller teams and semi-pros play, but don’t have it as a cop-out for those that have the potential to do better at the higher level.

the England squad are the ones who appear to be making the non sporting ones.

And yet only you appear to be reading them. Give it a rest and grow up. I thought you were a teacher – perhaps you’ve been spending too long with your pupils 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

And yet only you appear to be reading them. Give it a rest and grow up.

funny how you are the one who bought up drink driving but wont then comment on it when you realise you’ve made a **** of yourself. but never mind keep smashing up that glasshouse.

donsimon
    Free Member

Enjoy the win señor dd, I’m looking forward to another 06:00 start, yay!

Pigface
    Free Member

Boys settle this via e mail or something leave it out now please. This thread has been great with out it descending to normal STW depths.

Where is the Armitage citing report, cant find it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pigface – saw it on the BBC website.

ditch_jockey

Think some of you need to check yourselves on the

donsimon
    Free Member

“Humorous and light heated exchange”. I guess you had to be there. 😀

ditch_jockey

Ireland or Wales in the final? The other side of the draw really hard to call amongst the 3Nats – can’t Argentina getting past the ABs

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

predictions here…
    Ireland v wales – Wales to edge it
    France v England – France fully implode england win by a canter
    AB v Puma – AB to power through
    Boks v Wallabies – Wallabies to hit knock out form

Semi’s
    England v Wales – England just come through
    AB v Wallabies – War with wallabies through as AB choke

Final
    England v Wallabies – Afraid old bill is off to Oz

That’s my predictions and yes i’m english so in my own little world we are in the final even though we are 7th best on present form but knock out stages are a toss of a coin 😆

monkey_boy
    Free Member

firstly lets keep this thread on the topic of rugby, ive enjoyed it until the last few days.

anyway well fekin done my beloved Wales, we neded that to bury the fiji ghost.

i cant even contemplate a wales v england semi….. 😯

i dont care what happens really the best thing about this world cup is seeing the welsh young guns come through…. the future is bright.

next years six nations should be a stonker!!

peace everyone lets all chill out and enjoy it!

anagallis_arvensis

lockrobnkel – Member

I admire your complete lack of respect for form going into the 1/4’s with your predictions

I predict an All Black v Bok semi and a England v Ireland semi, with Boks beating ireland in the final.

As said though I’m already looking forward to next years 6 nations, Warburton, Faletau, Lydiate and North all look the real deal so far and should only get better, whilst more established players like 1/2p, Roberts, Davies, AW Jones etc are all still very young.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not looking beyond the Wales Ireland game. It’s going to be a cracker though. Attritional up front – with both sides well able to spread it about.

D’Arcy looked like he was approaching past form today. Bowe and O’Driscoll combined so well for the first try. I could watch stuff like that all day. The Irish pack is finally looking like it can function without PO’C.

Green Machine through as pool winners. Who’d of thunk it, eh? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.