Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • DezB
    Free Member

NZ v France final will be fun for the ABs

toadfish
    Free Member

bump

duckman

By the above, I take it you have only ever watched one final? A LONG time ago!

DezB
    Free Member

Glitchyagain

donsimon
    Free Member

?

DezB
    Free Member

Wow,what a team. 7 & 6 were absolutely brilliant. Dag & Jane fantastic.. Didn’t get to see much of Sonny Bill…

DezB
    Free Member

Has 4000 posts broken the thread?

zokes
    Free Member

4000 glitchy bumps maybe

Yes!

DanW
    Free Member

Warburton banned for three weeks!

First reaction is “WTF”, followed by “hmmm”. You could see it coming but it still seems pretty harsh

Pigface
    Free Member

Harry Ordinary and his pack arent mugs but they must of watched that and gone oh merde 🙂

Flash after that you have to admit Mcaw is a genius an astonishing performance.

NZCol

Holy shit I’m not going to be able to sleep. Cory Jane was immense. Fantastic fantastic. France you are fukked

Free Member

Do not write off the French!

donsimon
    Free Member

France you are fukked

I haven’t watched much of the southern hemisphere, but based on today’s game I’d have to agree with the above, and hopefully by a big score.

NZCol

France have been absolutely terrible and will be crushed.

Free Member

As much as its sounds stupid France are at their most dangerous when they have been sh*t and are written off

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

NZCol – Member

France have been absolutely terrible and will be crushed.

I wouldn’t bet on it 🙂

NZCol

Do you honestly think thatbtheybcan win, do you think that the ABs won’t be out to smash them to bits. 1987 was a long time ago and we are happy to,prove we are not choking. France will panic when the abs come out andnhammermthem formthe off.

NZCol

I should drink,less

zokes
    Free Member

You see: bragging and bigging yourself up really isn’t a solely English preoccupation. It’s greatly distasteful whoever’s at it, and it seems to have affected the Welsh and now the Kiwis too.

Now complete this well known phrase:

Pride comes before a….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I France play as they did in the first half against England……..?

Just don’t count your chickens. France will be much fresher – didn’t really exert themselves to win their semi……..

Looking forward to it. NZ were awesome tho

Free Member

pride comes before….. the french stun the rugby world???

zokes
    Free Member

Pride comes before an 81st minute Yachvili drop goal!

England spent the week prior to their demise to France expecting a win to be automatic. The Welsh did the same. Lets see how it affects the Kiwis…

Lifer
    Free Member

France will get smashed.

hels
    Free Member

Now calm down people and sleep it off – NZCol – behave ! The french chickens often pull something out of the bag, we know that well.

Game on for next weekend. I am watching it with a french person, winner buys the champage I think this is one day it will be OK to start drinking at 1100.

P.S and Sonny Bill is lucky he is so pretty…

DezB
    Free Member

Pride comes before… McCaw lifting the trophy with a massive grin on his battered face.

I wouldn’t bet on it
    I’m not a gambling man, but if the odds were decent, I would!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I France play as they did in the first half against England……..?

The ABs would still have to play as badly as England did 😆

France will be much fresher – didn’t couldn’t really exert themselves to win their semi……..

FTFY

England spent the week prior to their demise to France expecting a win to be automatic.

No they didn’t.

sputnik
    Free Member

Solid performance by AB and a well deserved but not surprising result.
    Have to agree to some of the opinions above: DO NOT WRITE THE FRENCH OFF

Pigface
    Free Member

NZ Col is a plastic Kiwi isn’t he?

I remember being in NZ when they beat South Africa in the quarter and had to play Australia in the semi and got well beaten.

Remember George Gregan taunting the kiwis with his “four more years”

Cool heads are needed and another 80 minutes of rugby like that will win the cup but dont diss the French they could suprise us all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stats make interesting reading – Australia made 400+ m run, NZ200 pretty even on most other stuff – NZ advantage in turnovers NZ low penalty count.

http://www.espnscrum.com/2011-rugby-world-cup/rugby/match/93503.html

gwaelod
    Free Member

Warburton banned for three weeks!

First reaction is “WTF”, followed by “hmmm”. You could see it coming but it still seems pretty harsh

Minimum ban isn’t it…wonder what will happen to Kahui

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s very interesting reading, back in the real world. 😛

ditch_jockey

DO NOT WRITE THE FRENCH OFF

When all they can bring to the table is the possibility that they might emulate the majestic displays of previous French teams – but I don’t recall a French rugby team ever looking so frail in every previous game they’ve played.

If the All Blacks put in the sort of performance we’ve seen throughout the tournament, they’ll win, probably with a fair margin of comfort.

Wales v NZ would have been a great final, and I’d have been rooting for Wales, but I’d still have expected the kiwis to take the win, as they have that extra level of power and invention that Wales don’t quite have (yet). However, if Gatland can build on this performance over the next couple of years, with young players like Warburton, Priestland, Halfpenny and so on, it’s realistic to imagine Wales going all the way next time round, especially if they keep reinforcing their strength in depth through their national playing structure.

Speaking as someone who’s rugby imagination was fired by the likes of Phil Bennet and JPR Williams, it’s really good to see Wales starting to look like the rugby powerhouse of old.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Stats make interesting reading – Australia made 400+ m run, NZ200

Yep, Australia did have quite a lot of possession in their own half 😆 Whilst the penalty count was 11-7, the Kiwis had 8 kicks at goal and the Aussies had 1. I think that tells you quite a lot about which team was exerting the pressure. Those two long range kicks were disappointing though, would have liked to see them try and turn the screw.

gwaelod
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

NZ Col is a plastic Kiwi isn’t he?

Joins the ranks then.

TeeJ, O’Flashearty and NZCol. Anymore to declare? 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, saw that hit on Cooper gwaelod. And thought hmmm….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And thought hmmm….

It will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on… 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Did I miss the Free and even Fore Fahsands? 🙁

Gutted….

Ah what? And the Wunundredth page, too?

anagallis_arvensis

It’s greatly distasteful whoever’s at it, and it seems to have affected the Welsh and now the Kiwis too.

zokes you do type some shit and seem to have a complete inibility to read.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.