Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • anagallis_arvensis

As i predicted then brad would get 10 weeks minus a few for dressing nicely and saying sorry. Its what henson wouldnt do when he re arranged that argentinian props face

toys19
    Free Member

cleared according to telegraph headline, but I can’t find anything in the article

edit rte says cleared here

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Ferris did not get banned, cleared to play this weekend

morgs
    Free Member

Aa a Welshman I have no issue with Davies’ ban. However, why has Ferris been cleared? Same issues as at the RWC – consistency is lacking!

onehundredthidiot

Ferris was less a tip tackle. A good lawyer would argue that as he only had one leg there was always an imbalance and the ability of the tackler to therefore control the return of the tackled player to the ground was impaired.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Morgs – because his was much less dangerous?

onehundredthidiot

And what TJ said.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not clear from what I can see whether the verdict is that it wasn’t a tip tackle or that the yellow was enough punishment

duckman

We went over this a lot at ref’s meetings. Tip tackle is a red,so he must have been cleared of tip.

anagallis_arvensis

So Duckman its an implicit criticism of the ref? Confusing as it seemed like a tip tackle to me although not a bad one and not worthy of a ban. Does this mean it shouldnt have been even a pen? The irb are there own worst enemies at times.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not sure what Bradley though he was doing, there was a bit of niggle in that ruck and he just picked the guy up and bam. Ferris was a bit of a twit, costing your nation the game is punishment enough.

Dont get the cited bit after a yellow was given, has that always been the case?

duckman

Not at club(amateur)if you are done by the ref then that is seen as it. At pro/int lots of camera angles…then they can.Otherwise it becomes a real mess. I had a Prem 2 player swear at me and slap my back as he did it in Jan. At the hearing none of this would have appeared to have happened.Cue lots of arguing and denial. Can’t really do that when you are live on BBC1 😀

A-A On sky news as not guilty of a tip….haven’t heard what they are saying he got a yellow for,but it was a tip,not as bad as your man’s but bearing in mind the consequences,there are NO graduations in the law, just the bit about lifting in the tackle.So I don’t now understand what he got a yellow for. Not the refs fault for Davies, he went yellow on TJ’s report (touch judge NOT tandemjeremy)

anagallis_arvensis

The citing procedures are a joke, D Ryan came into the ruck and hit Adam Jones, a move that Bakkies Botha did v the Lions and broke Adams arm, earnt Bakkies a few weeks rest. Bradley obviously saw red over this and did what he did which was very very stupid aand I think his ban is light! The real shame is that Bradley was playing the much vaunted Irish locks off the park up to that point. Wales will miss him a lot given the injuries to Girafferis and AW Jones.

duckman

The real shame is that Bradley was playing the much vaunted Irish locks off the park up to that point. Wales will miss him a lot given the injuries to Girafferis and AW Jones.

Yes he was…shame about him being banned on Sun….(sorry)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

duckman – I thought that the refs were instructed to use red for a tip tackle but they did have discretion to give yellow instead if they thought it was merited ie not serious or accidental? is that not so?

onehundredthidiot

He’d have got less if he’d just smacked him.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

AA catch yourself on Davies was caught good and proper, to say he out played poc is rubbish, he had one decent charge in the loose, where was he ine the rest of the line outs? He is a dirty player and 7 weeks is not enough. I’m more than happy to take up DD’s irish mantle, bring that s@*t on!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Blind by name blind by nature obviously.

toys19
    Free Member

AA The sun isn’t up yet, fold yerself in and come out to play later.

onehundredthidiot

What happened to the good old fashioned dump tackle. Round waist/thighs, off his feet, drive him back and onto the ground on the flat of his back (if your lucky with shoulder into solar plexis)?

BruceWee

Still OK so long as the tackler controls the tacklee all the way to the ground and the tackled player’s hips stay below his head, as far as I know.

duckman

TandemJeremy – Member
    duckman – I thought that the refs were instructed to use red for a tip tackle but they did have discretion to give yellow instead if they thought it was merited ie not serious or accidental? is that not so?

We are told think red and work down for accidental. No grading at all for how serious it is just how intentional.If a player is taking a tackle to get off a pop pass fro example,opens himself up.
    My take; I would during a game work it on the potty mouth scale “Oh ****” (Davies) red. “Oh J***S” (Ferris) yellow. This has all become very topical since the last world cup since some guy from some team did it and apparently there was a wee bit of a stooshie over the red card.Which was harsh on the way elite refs had been running games at that point, but is bang on with the way the stall has since been set out during this domestic season.

One other thing, a lot of us are basing judgements based on our own skill levels, I have played with and against pro players. They know fine what they are doing. The few Scottish prem 1 games I have had, I take the skill level into account in the decisions made on tips.

For Bruce; The tackled players head or upper body must not strike the ground first Rule 10i (2010 edition is the one I have in my desk drawer)

For 100th Nothing; still legal…as long as none of the above happens 😀

sadmadalan

England unchanged for Italy

Suspect that Morgan will come on quicker for Dowson and that the English pack are in for a bad day. The Italian backs, while significantly better than they have been should not cause too much problem for the English backs. But up front a different matter. Suspect that England could finally join Wales, Scotland and France with a loss against them.

Glad to see that they have moved the match to a bigger stadium. Hope the game is better than Scotland v England.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta Duckman.

Its good to have someone who actually (should ?? 😉 ) know the laws on here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Robinson interview in the Guardian. 🙄 that is awful. No way to behave at all. For all I dislike Parks the player that is no way to behave to Parks the man. disgraceful.

Robinson must go!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/feb/08/scotland-dan-parks-six-nations

transapp
    Free Member

Yep, Thant’s about his level of man management. I’m sure he presided over the Martin Corry / Florancedayglo captaincy & #8 fiasco when England coach as well.

anagallis_arvensis

Gethin and Lydiate back, R Jones to 4 as expected rest unchanged. I’d have been tempted with Hook at 15.

molgrips
    Free Member

Has Jones played at 4 before?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Scotland aiming to outplay wales

Lays down the gauntlet.

there is this myth about the scots preferring a wet day – given the players they have a dry ball is far better for the fast passing and offloading game they prefer – see Edinburgh.

Or is it a double bluff?

molgrips
    Free Member

Scotland aiming to outplay wales

Good luck with that.

anagallis_arvensis

Jones plays 4 quite often for the ospreys, underpowered at the top level though.

anagallis_arvensis

Or is it a double bluff?

If its not a bluff its very stupid given Wales will effectively have a pack with 5 flankers (Warbs, Lydiate, Toby, Ryan and Gethin).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – have you seen scotlands pack?

anagallis_arvensis

yes, it has much bigger locks and a much better lineout, scrums should be fairly even. But I’ve also seem their backs and if they try to play fast and loose they will get torn a new arsehole.

zokes
    Free Member

Good luck with that.

My thoughts exactly!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suspect Scotland will be in trouble in the scrums actually – lineout and ruck and maul should be the targets along with moving those lumbering welsh backs around and leave them chasing shadows* all game

*some of this might be a tad hopeful

whatnobeer
    Free Member

We dont seem to be able to hold on to the ball in the dry, never mind in the wet, regardless of the type of rugby we play 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

some of this might be a tad hopeful

And the winner of the “understatement of the week” award goes to….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

I think Lee Jones may be a bit quicker than North. Its a match up I am looking forward to – we should know if Jones really is class after this.

rusty90
    Free Member

those lumbering welsh backs

I think your definition of ‘lumbering’ could do with review (unless they’re playing Adam Jones at wing in a surprise move) 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.