Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Dammit. Seem one needs to ask parks to reconsider. I was just contemplating joining his fan club. Travesty!

Lawes is the least of the worries. Look no further than Ashton and armitage for liabilities.
    I’d like to see laws and Atwood in the horrible row 😀 penalties galore!

duckman

loum – Member
    How’s Laidlaw’s place kicking?
    [jump gun] Lioin’s standard? [/jump gun]

There’s room for a place kicking FH

POSTED 24 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Reality check….reality check….a week ago he wasn’t good enough for Scotland….So still behind Parks in the Lions pecking order. 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bumpy glitchy thingy SORT IT OUT STW

anagallis_arvensis

Tell you what tj if scotland pick that backline and try to play fast and loose wales will tear them 15 new arseholes. Only Evans of that lot would be in contention for the wales team.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    bumpy glitchy thingy SORT IT OUT STW

Especially when it happens on good, big threads! Ones full of quality banter and discussion.

(Don’t mind so much when it’s on teh bighittazzz armageddon threads!)

molgrips
    Free Member

Bighitmageddon?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – Evans is probably the weakest player in that backline. I was considering Lee Jones in his place.

Who do you think Scotland should play? I’d rather they went down all guns blazing in an attempt to win than attempted to negate wales which means they won’t win.

Its not like we have loads of world class backs to chose from. Base the backs around the Edinburgh team and play in a similar style to Edinburgh with pace and variety.

anagallis_arvensis

Can choose whoever they like but the best chance they have of winning is dominating the lineout and playing for territory. Especially with bradley davis suspended wales are down to bare bones at lock. Ryan jones is set to start in his place. Max evans was the only back to look dangerous from either team last week

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://theeastterrace.typepad.com/

Often good for a chuckle!

duckman

WTD; Small shouty Irish ex-pat, good with laminates and small dogs.Has literal pretensions and likes small dogs.If found please return to 6N thread care of Singletrack.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah what has happened to Deadly Darcy?

duckman

Lightly potted double mention of small dogs…

juanking

Looks like Gethin and Lydiate will be available…
    . I’m looking forward to Sunday!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

juanking – Member
    Looks like Gethin and Lydiate will be available…

Wooooo!

On another note, I need to fit some nice wood floors on the entire ground floor of my palatial mansion. Does anyone know of anyone good to recommend for such a task? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Beattie on Parks in the Guardian

Other online publications are available, TJ….

😉

BruceWee

[/quote]Beattie on Parks in the Guardian

Pretty much how I feel about it.

Although I think not starting Weir or Laidlaw was madness.

toys19
    Free Member

That link is to the BBC tho..
    You are going senile old fella.

I also agree with Beatties assessment, if Hodgson hadn’t have had that lucky bounce (and a great many other if’s) then we would have had an deserved ignominious defeat, it wasn’t England’s finest hour and the media aftermath is really symptom of the cruel nature of sport. Pity poor Parks.

It’s a shame for Parks that his retirement looks like he is shouldering responsibility for the loss, when in reality he stood out as a reasonable player on the day when the rest of the team were actually pretty shite.

I agree that a brave man makes his own luck but consider how much of the results of all the games last weekend are down to luck. (especially reffing decisions, which way the ref is looking, which side of the scrum/breakdown he is) etc.

Bad luck for Ireland getting Ferris binned for what was arguably an ok tackle, who knows what the outcome would have been.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Going?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Where was I going? What did I come in here for? Has anyone seen my slippers?

FTFY! 😈

toys19
    Free Member

No I think TJ heard the elevenses gong..

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Weir and Hogg on the bench for Sunday

Scotland: R Lamont (Glasgow Warriors); L Jones (Edinburgh), N De Luca (Edinburgh), S Lamont (Scarlets), M Evans (Castres); G Laidlaw (Edinburgh), C Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors); A Jacobsen (Edinburgh), R Ford (capt, Edinburgh), G Cross (Edinburgh), R Gray (Glasgow Warriors), J Hamilton (Gloucester), A Strokosch (Gloucester), R Rennie (Edinburgh), D Denton (Edinburgh).

Replacements: S Lawson (Gloucester), E Kalman (Glasgow Warriors), A Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), J Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), M Blair (Edinburgh), D Weir (Glasgow Warriors), S Hogg (Glasgow Warriors).

wrecker
    Free Member

In other news;
    Congrats to SBW on becoming the heavyweight boxing champion of New Zealand 😯
    The technical standard of the boxing couldn’t be described as the pinnacle of the sport but a belt’s a belt…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

FFS – Blair should be starting with laidlaw – they are used to playing together and suit each others style.

duckman

A-A will be watching that in HD…in a dark room…

Wee bit worried about the lack of height on the Scottish wings. Would also have preferred Blair to Cusiter.

FFS – Blair should be starting with laidlaw

Why don’t you hound him (Cusiter) into retirement as well TJ? 😈

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys – the issue with Parks is also what he doesn’t do – he is so predictable that it makes it easy to defend against him. So he makes every one else look crap.

He also made a huge number of mistakes in that match – shovelling on rubbish, missing a penalty to touch, poor kicks from hand.

It saps the will and energy fromthe team and also leads to them trying too hard.

He really was the main reason for the loss. Others made mistakes as well but the blame lies firmly at his and Robinsons door

anagallis_arvensis

Watching what?
    Bradley got 7 weeks as predicted.
    No word on ferris i have looked at it again and wouldnt be suprised if he got a week. It was a tip tackle and so should have been a red.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He really was the main reason for the loss

Rubbish.

The main reason was that your whole team simply isn’t performing well enough. It’s far more about

Others made mistakes as well

than Parks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – of course he was. Did you actually watch the game?

Two things – his predictability making it easy to defend against the team. You know it will either be the long flat pass or the long kick. And the series of mistake he made early in the second half. He shovelled on rubbish meaning a loss of ground to end up with a ruck in the 22 that he was charged down from, he missed a penalty kick to touch and he kicked far too deep to allow counter attacks.

As I said – its as much about what he doesn’t do as what he does do as well. Because of his predictability no one gets any space or time.

When he was the best we had then play him, but now we have better players play them – that Robinsons fault.

boxfish
    Free Member

Bradley Davies got a 7 week ban. Wonder what Ferris will get?

wrecker
    Free Member

Should the severity of the offence not be considered?
    The two tackles were very different.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Severity counts in the length of ban.

Davies was a top end offense, I expect Ferris to be bottom of the scale – 2 wks maybe or even none

~Davis

………….., merited a top end entry to the IRB’s table of sanctions.

The Committee applied an additional two weeks to the entry point of 10 weeks to reflect the need for a deterrent for this type of foul play but, in mitigation, took account of various factors in the player’s favour including his admission of guilt, his previous good disciplinary record and his conduct at the hearing in allowing the maximum possible reduction of five weeks.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah I agree with CFH, I was sober and he looked to be one of the more useful guys on the field.

He made a few deliveries that looked bad because he had eff all support.

If you think of the wales/ireland game, one try had 5 leek-o-philes against 1 spud muncher. Even my useless hands would have made a good looking offload under those conditions. Passing is one thing, having someone to pass to helps even more.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

TO go a bit off topic, I’m looking forward to the under 20’s games, Wales V Scotland and its virtually just over the road from where I live, good to see the up and coming players.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So TJ – an Aussie stand-off and a (discarded) English coach. No wonder you lost?!? 😉 Need more good old boys from the borders and you will be fine.

I think you are overly-harsh on Parkes (“main reason”) but as an opposing supporter it did make me feel better to see his name on the team sheet. 😉 Sad to retire on such a low point, but sport is a cruel business (most of the time).

duckman

Two weeks for Ferris? Based on Warburton’s who was similar. (without the national outpouring of grief mind)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Welsh Rugby Union fully expected Davies to receive a ban but insisted he is not a dirty player.
    “Everyone who knows Bradley knows he is not a player who plays this sort of game,” WRU group chief executive Roger Lewis told BBC Radio Wales.

OK support your player, but who does Roger Lewis think was on the field at the time. Davies or the tooth fairy? He is being banned exactly BECAUSE he played that sort of game. As WG stated, no excuses.

toys19
    Free Member

ferris just tweeted – Thank goodness that is all over. Happy man.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

what did he get?

toys19
    Free Member

dunno, just asked so maybe he will tweet. I guess the only thing that will make him happy is if he plays on the weekend?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.