Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ruddy snakebites…
  • momo

why is it I always get a puncture when I've just nipped out for a quick ride with no tools or spares!!

Oh well had a nice walk back home at least.

devs
    Free Member

chew bless!

Edric64
    Free Member

Pump your tyres up hard then .Idon't get snakebite punctures because I run my tyres at 60psi I would rather have a harder ride than get snakebites,also I am heavy so need more pressure

momo

I must admit on the walk back home I was contemplating the switch. Just can't justify it to SWMBO at the moment.

devs
    Free Member

Just can't justify it to SWMBO at the moment.

Bottle of Joe's sealant = £12
    2 x BMX inners from Tesco = £2.42
    Trip to pal with compressor or garage = pennies.

Sorted.

Edric64
    Free Member

whats swmbo?

BigJohn

She who must be obeyed

Snakebite got a snakebite yesterday, coming down the dentist's chair descent in Grizedale. New Bonty XR4 pumped up, I thought, far harder than he needed but he whacked that water bar on the way down and it did the damage. I hit that water bar hard too, but my tyre stayed up.

We ended up putting a tube in outside Breasty Haw cottage, which is always good for a chuckle.

Edric64
    Free Member

SWMBO is the reason for having a straight to garage policy with new toys and the reason for paying cash so your bank statements don't get investigated

gcaster
    Free Member

Bottle of Joe's sealant = £12
    2 x BMX inners from Tesco = £2.42
    Trip to pal with compressor or garage = pennies.

Sorted.
    Go on then, I'm tempted to give this a go, what exactly do I need and how do I do it?
    Guessing someone on here's already explained it so a link would do!
    Assuming it'll work fine with 317s (I'm only skinny)?

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol for a minuite there i thort you really had been bitten about snakes…. i keep snakes, (well t'other half does and ours snkaes do have big teeth ! yikes….
    anyway ALWAYS take tools with you *they are your best friends…well almost…. sometimes i go on quick rides but almost always change my route i have in mind and end up being out longer ….so yeah tools is a must ! (every ride..

gcaster
    Free Member

All good, I found me a video on YouTube. Apparently it's called 'ghetto tubeless'.

momo

I seem to have misplaced my mini-pump so thought it pointless to take anything else out with me. Will be heading down to halfords in the morning to buy another before heading out again.

Might have a go a ghetto tubeless on Monday if the LBS has any stans or similar in stock.

devs
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Aye go tubeless, you won't regret it!

yetiguy
    Free Member

So do you not get punctures if you are tubeless ?

njee20
    Free Member

You don't get pinch flats anywhere near as easily, you need to pinch a hole in the tyre, which is bloody rare.

You also tend to get far fewer thorn punctures, as the sealant will just seal small holes.

I've had fewer than 5 punctures in 9 years on tubeless.

GEDA
    Free Member

Warning. Tis totally untrue that you get less snake bites when running tubeless in My experience and when they happen it is alot worse. Running stan juice and maxi lust tyres on 819 rims. My theory is that you get less pinch punctures as you check the tyre pressure more. I Love My tubeless tyres but more down to weight and feel. I recommend either more pressure in the tyre or thicker tubeS. Tubeless also seem to always loose air in à big burp if I hope sideways once totally deflating the tyre. Luck would have it that i was just in the park not going any speed when i found this out.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I ghetto,d my rme 6 months ago – not one flat since, although I used the gaffa tape method, makes it less faff to swap tyres

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ruddy snakebites…’ is closed to new replies.