Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Rubbish Postie – Anyone with a CCTV Set Up I Can Borrow?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Having “issues” with the postman – either he is damaging mail and blaming it on the dog… or is antagonising the dog to damage it for him. No idea why, but there is only one postman whom we have issues with and it all kicked off about a month ago.

Can’t afford to buy a CCTV set up at the moment so just wondering if there is anyone in the South Cumbria/North Lancashire area with one I could borrow for a couple of weeks to find out what is going on and take appropriate action.

The Royal Mail are being no use with their local manager offering very little in the way of resolution – she seems to be more on the posties side than finding out what the hell is going on.

piemonster

Videos posted on YouTube or this thread is useless.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Can you not just stop the dog from being near the letter box for a few mornings and see if its still the same? Or put one of those cage thingys on the door.

wwaswas

Could you not just make sure the dog hasn’t got access to the post?

If postman doesn’t know so much the better in terms of finger pointing but separatign dog and post probably best in any case?

banks
    Free Member

Hide in the bin

put bin somewhere near the door.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

lol – if I could get hold of a CCTV set up that could be arranged. We think he is stabbing them with a pen and biting them himself (very human like teeth marks).

We can’t get the dog to bite anything we wave at him, the free papers are never damaged and when anyone else is delivering the mail it isn’t damaged so there is something odd going on!

jambourgie
    Free Member

Cue postie going to stash parcel in bin. Finds you hiding in it. Goes on PostieTrackWorld to tell everyone about the weirdo hiding and w*nking in the bin.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have debated hiding in my car with a telephoto lens (parked over the road) – alas I have work to do so can’t spend all day waiting for him to show up!

dooosuk
    Free Member

banks…you’d be better off moving the bin before you got in it!

grizedaleforest

South Cumbria? Sounds like a case for the ace reporters from the Wezzie Gezzie…

mav12
    Free Member

buy cctv from aldi use then take back to aldi

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ha, which postie is it? I know a couple of the Ulverston ones.

weeksy

just when you think the internet has nothing left to offer you..

This thread appears.

oldskooler
    Free Member

DNA test the mail for human saliva?

jekkyl

you think that the postie is biting your mail? 😯

We can’t get the dog to bite anything we wave at him

while standing in front of him, in the house?
    Perhaps try getting a stranger to drop a letter through the box and see what happens.
    Do you have a porch? tape up letterbox and leave a note asking postie to drop mail on floor/in a mailbox. or get a wire box that fits behind the letter box to catch the mail and stop fido getting his teeth into it.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Order a bulk package of that dye that dentists use and insist it’s poorly packaged…

ironside7000
    Free Member

You could try this (or something similar). IP Webcam

I stick an old phone in the window and then access the video feed on my tablet/PC in order to see when someone is knocking at the door. Works a treat. The video stream can be accessed in Chrome or set to create a log file (MP4 I think). Hope this helps 🙂 Good luck

postierich
    Free Member

Which office?it might be me!.We are unable to put our fingers through flaps we have posting pegs but they are bloody useless , is your draught excluder causing problems? been nipped a few times by the silent but nasty dogs and depending what mood I,m in I will forget to let go of the mail! 😉

Get a box or grow some and talk to the postman we usually deliver : the same time!

12fifty
    Free Member

What about something like a Veho Muvi?

Cheap and very discreet could be hidden somewhere out of sight?

http://www.ebuyer.com/413079-muvi-micro-camcorder-black-2gb-msd-vcc-003-muvi-bk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=COaL-O_avLsCFW_MtAodC38AgA

Euro
    Free Member

Dogs don’t like tomatoes, so get the postie to conceal all your letters inside a large ‘devil’s testicle’.

khani
    Free Member

Gaffer tape a box behind the letterbox if you can’t get a wire basket thingy..
    And make sure it’s not the dog by posting something while no one is in the house, go out for a bit and try posting something before you go back in, it might not do it while your there, only while you’re out,
    Dogs can be sly gits sometimes..

hammy7272
    Free Member

just when you think the internet has nothing left to offer you..

This thread appears.

Class, that made me laugh.

Cougar

Can’t you put some form of ‘door’ arrangement between the dog and the front door?

Would be proper amusing if you did that and the “dog” still bit them.

PePPeR

I’d do as Cougar says, put a temporary barrier between the door and dog, so the dog can’t get near the letter box and leaves the letter box unchanged, then see if anything happens to the mail 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It’s not you Postierich – we are in Ulverston!

We have spoken to him – he got confrontational.

The draught excluder was removed (after the same postie wrecked it – none of the previous ones had any issues). The dog just barks a lot, no aggressive growling – just barking.

Been trying to construct some kind of a barrier/catcher arrangement – I just can’t work out how no one else manages to get the mail/menus/free papers destroyed, just this one man. Today we had a small christmas card with holes in it, the only way he could have got the dog to bite that was if he held it and waggled it about for him.

We tried sneaking up to the door and posting – the dog just barks and runs around a lot! Will try it again shortly.

richc
    Free Member

Dogs don’t like tomatoes, so get the postie to conceal all your letters inside a large ‘devil’s testicle’.

Mine does, ate a jar of Dijon mustard last week though, so he might not be normal.

Only thing he doesn’t eat are mushrooms and cucumber.

martinhutch

Laughing at the idea of you sneaking up to your own front door to confuse your dog…in order to catch a deranged postie who likes snacking on your mail!

I think the ‘Oscar’ approach is the only possible answer.

daftvader
    Free Member

Personally I would go talk to the delivery office manager (dom) and if that fails then go to area manager. Unfortunately some of the posties we work with are just muppets with little likeability and less people skills than half a dead haddock. But that can also be said of some people I have delivered to as well!

Cougar

The other thing, of course, would be to tell him you’d isolated the dog and ask how he explained the bites…

Personally I would go talk to the delivery office manager

If he’s doing this with you he’s surely doing it with others. Once several similar reports have come rolling in, it should be fairly apparent as to what’s going on.

plyphon
    Free Member

Make sure you are taking lots of photos of how the mail arrives also.

Bonus point for including cute looking dog with an expression saying “wasnt meeeee” in the background.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hopefully there’s a “PostieShaming” website you can put the resulting video captures on.

Like this but for RM staff…
    http://www.dogshaming.com/

project
    Free Member

Jeremey Paxman was oh so wrong about the use of the internet, (google it) so glad this post has poped up to prove him wrong.

nick1962
    Free Member

I’m siding with the postman on this one.
    You have tried googling before embarking on the CCTV approach I take it?
    First search
    http://www.otsnews.co.uk/tips-to-prevent-dog-attacks-on-postmen-and-women/

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yes – but as I have already said – no one else EVER has a problem posting things through the letter box. Even the paper boy manages to pop the free paper through the door (alas that never gets molested).

Unless my dog has taken a strange and deranged craving for the taste of Christmas cards, Singletrack World, Nikon Professional and my tax disc then I can’t see any explanation. A different postie was on over the weekend and early part of this week – nothing had bite marks into it. Evil Postie was on today again, one mangled Christmas card! What gets me is that this card was about 6cm square – you can’t dangle it through the box and by the time it has hit the ground there is no way the dog could get hold of it to munch on it… unless it was held by fingertips and waggled for a good while to give pooch time to get over and his jaws on it.

I am looking into taking some precautions (the box behind the front door option is proving a bit problematic since there is no space).

unovolo
    Free Member

Capt’ postie

ianv
    Free Member

Maybe he is a blind postie and gets his mate to push it through the postbox?

shifter
    Free Member

Laptop webcam?

MoreCashThanDash

Ah well, if your issue of Singletrack got damaged this is actually quite a serious matter…..

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Quite literally, Post Of The Year. IGMC

cranberry
    Free Member

If you’re not around to see what is happening, how can you tell that you have a single rabid postie on your hands and not a randomly post munching dog ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish Postie – Anyone with a CCTV Set Up I Can Borrow?’ is closed to new replies.