Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • rotor 3d crank Q
  • turneround

Hi, i’m running a sram red at the mo with a chris king BB, can i use the BB with a rotor 3D crankset?.
    cheers

DanW
    Free Member

As far as I know you can’t as Sram is a GXP fitting, correct?. The Rotor BB is the same size as a normal Shimano fit (i.e. different to Sram’sd GXP).

Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong

LardLover
    Free Member

And that someone is me DanW 😉

Looks like the only difference for a SRAM chainset is that the BB doesn’t come with BB spacers and there’s a couple of washery-type things that won’t be needed. Have a look here.

I’m using a Rotor 3D with a Chris King BB.

Here’s a pic with the Chris King BB and a Rotor Agilis chainset. The only thing I had to do to fit the 3D was remove the BB spacers.

DanW
    Free Member

Does Sram Red not use a different size BB like the MTB components then Lardlover? Shows how much I know! 😀 Sorry to be so useless turneround!

P.S. How do you guys like the Rotor cranks? They look like great weight/ value/ Q-factor and I have been strongly considering these for the MTB

njee20
    Free Member

Yes it does, GXP BBs are not compatible with HT2. However, the King BB uses adapters to make it GXP, which can be removed to run Rotor cranks.

Also very tempted by some 3D cranks so I can use a Power2Max power meter.

DanW
    Free Member

Ah ha, so I’m only a semi-numpty 😀

I like the look of Rotor cranks but am a bit put off by the fact you don’t see too many (or any actually!) around. XTR cranks are just such an easy choice

turneround

jep, just wanted to check as i havent taken off the red cranks since i had them – thought it was a case of just removing the spacers
    ta

anyone want to buy a 170mm set of mint sram red standard cranks 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I like the look of Rotor cranks but am a bit put off by the fact you don’t see too many (or any actually!)

I know a couple of guys who use them, both on and off road, nary a bad word to say about them really.

flange
    Free Member

How much are they? I saw them on Wrench Science for $400 but wondered what they were over here

turneround

£400 with rings from velotech 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

Only £250 for the cranks though.

flange
    Free Member

Really? And they can be run with normal (ie not Rotor) rings?

njee20
    Free Member

Correct.

turneround

managed to bag a ‘new’ set of 3D cranks with ti axle, ceramic rotor BB and q rings for £300 on Bike radar… happy chappy…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘rotor 3d crank Q’ is closed to new replies.