Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • Roll up! It's Elfin's Monday Anger Management Group Therapy Session!
  • j_me
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Blimey J-me; steady on! 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Not anger. But pathological narcissism is quite an annoying trait.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You do remember when you called other people ponces, then got all flouncy and refused to discuss anymore when you got called a ponce don’t you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes! 😀

brakes
    Free Member

hence his recent change of persona (I wouldn’t call it ‘character’) 😉

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well there you go Brakes. I had thought this could be an intelligent, interesting discussion. I genuinely would like to know people’s views, and their own insights. I think it’s fascinating, the way we all interact, but a bit sad that a lot of interaction between (mostly) strangers can become so negative.

I accept it must be very difficult for people to look within themselves, and be open and honest about their own faults. I’m not asking people to lay themselves bare, but explain the reasons why they get wound up. Not so much what winds them up, as some have done, but why it winds they themselves up. The personal, individual experience.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes!

I’m reckoning that was the incorrect answer Elfman.

……and now poor old CharlieMungus doesn’t know what to say 😐

Still, druidh’s having fun …………….and that’s nice 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I accept it must be very difficult for people to look within themselves, and be open and honest about their own faults. I’m not asking people to lay themselves bare, but explain the reasons why they get wound up. Not so much what winds them up, as some have done, but why it winds they themselves up. The personal, individual experience

The thing is a few people are pointing out things that annoy them, many of them are the things that you do, not least of which is starting a thread like this. However, you chose to interpret these as vitriolic. You ask for the whys rather than the what, but this is recursive, it seems that hypocrisy and self importance wind people up, are you really asking why these wind people up?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not asking people to lay themselves bare

🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Your actions are actually very revealing, Onion. Like a naughty child who deliberately acts up, in order to get attention. 🙂 Behaviour driven by anger and frustration. Understandable. 😉

Onion clearly wants to appear clever and funny. Ok fair enough. But behind these actions, is pent-up rage, which he finds difficult to express. As do many people. Which is a shame, because if people could connect with their emotions more, then they’d be less uptight and frustrated, and feel the need to attack others.

scaredypants

Beautiful Druidh !!
    (though there was a hint of misogyny in that tall pic, I’m sure)

May I just say that the almost incessant use of the word “bully” and its derivatives on stw is what makes me most mad, these days. I’m holding it together for now though.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think you’re expecting too much from people who generally choose to come on here for a bit of a laugh, light-hearted banter and to share bike info, and not some kinda self-absorbed group therapy session. but also, saying that, some of the most interesting and enlightening posts on here have come from some sort of emotional honesty and life truths.

lovin that crazy long piccie Druidh!

You do remember when you called other people ponces, then got all flouncy and refused to discuss anymore when you got called a ponce don’t you?

Fred has on more than one occassion criticised my posts only to be presented with a pertinent question and miraculously disappear

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

some of the most interesting and enlightening posts on here have come from some sort of emotional honesty and life truths.

This is what I was hoping for tbh Kev. I accept it may be asking a bit too much of folk though. We do live in a pretty emotionally repressed society, which doesn’t help. But there are many people on here sitting there harbouring a lot of rage. Such energy needs somewhere to go.

scaredypants

You do remember when you called other people ponces

Do you mean nonces ?
    That was one of my favourite threads !

Kevevs
    Free Member

xbox innit!

crikey. forgot all about the Lazytown nonce thread. that was a classic knicker-twister!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll open up my psychotherapy couch for the evening…

Standard rules, first session is free as long as you lay bare on the couch, and I’m allowed to take pictures* whilst we chat?

*All pictures remain ownership of TSY.Lolpsychos.com

PeteG55
    Free Member

Such energy needs somewhere to go

I find riding a bike is a pretty good place to release such energy.

Kevevs
    Free Member

lol pete, there are no bike riding xbox games 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You stole my wunundred? On my own thread?

Bastid…

😆

Ecks Box is one ‘outlet’ I spose, but I’m not sure if it’s an effective release for some folk.

I had an hour of footy earlier, which was frantic and fast, lots of passion and emotion, but then the final whistle goes and it’s over. Bit frustrating as we lost 2-3, but a good game. We need to be far better in midfield, our strikers need to learn how to actually bloody score goals when given the flippin ball on numerous occasions, and people need to track back so’s I’m not having to break legs to stop the opposition scoring (like Souness, only less Scottish and much nastier).

I find riding a bike is a pretty good place to release such energy.

We’re talking more about emotional, rather than physical energy. Biking can help in both areas, but if you’ve got issues, then no amount of biking can help. You’re just going for a bike ride angry. I’ve even read on here about someone going for a ride, and being so pissed off with their ‘performance’, that they came on here to rant about how crap they were! Remember that one??

yunki
    Free Member

I think you’re onto something very profound here Mr Elf.. the shouting and the battle cries and blood curdling screams that one hears on the footie pitch must allow a certain primal instinct to flex it’s muscles.. prolly alongside hormones and other chemicals..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I am actually well-known for my profundity, Yunki.

It’s clear this is a subject some people are very uncomfortable with. And it appears there’s a correlation between the more mardy/arsey/arrogant/bonehheaded posters, and an inability to approach this subject in an intelligent, respectful manner. Ironically, it’s their input which might be very relevant. Oh whell.

cynic-al
    Free Member

spunki I was kidding you on the other thread.

Fred your tin-pot psychology gives me the LOLs, keep it up, second only to one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

me too but it is a blokes forum and too many just do a mixture of one up manship and belittle folk.
    It is how they know their place in the pecking order

WOW i typed that whilst al was doing his post- I had not seen it – i feel all psychic now

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky… where are you in the pecking order?

Personally I’m not even in it… someone brings me my meals specially.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m reckoning that was the incorrect answer Elfman.

……and now poor old CharlieMungus doesn’t know what to say

erm… no, for me and many others it demonstrates elf’s lack of self awareness again. But in doing it in a thread in which he asks it of others, he undermines the point of the thread and encourages others to not take it seriously. So, not so much at a loss for words, but realising that all had already been said, only it now seems that not all heard it. Hope this helps

Kevevs
    Free Member

christ! there is a pecking order? how sad! I’ve never thought of this forum in that way. I’ve got to be honest though… when I come on here and see people having a go at each other, and bitching, and waving their opinions around – I find it gives the forum some life, humanises it, sometimes it’s like **** Eastenders and can be quite entertaining!

yunki
    Free Member

I would imagine that the forum is better than telly for most of us..

I like Elf’s ragged trousered philanthropy too.. it’s sometimes even good for the soul.. tonight I have learned for example:

That I’ve never been a purveyor of the beautiful game myself.. but have spent much time indulging in other.. less wholesome.. ways to roar my self imposed suffering into submission.. and cleanse my soul of the sinful and psychosis inducing suppression that our oppressive society occasions..

those halcyon days of sociopathic behaviour are long gone for me however..

and I am a bit grumpier for it for sure..

more whooping and hollering on the next ride must surely be the key..?

spunki I was kidding you on the other thread

that’s good to know Mr Al.. you made me quite cross.. I’m harbouring a very strong distrust of you after recent events so I’m quick to bite in your company..

I should have bawled at you about it but I don’t want to end up as the next Ricky Butcher in this weeks episode of STW..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it demonstrates elf’s lack of self awareness again

But he answered “yes” not “no” to your question.

As I said, he obviously gave you the “wrong” answer.

So you just conveniently ignored it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But he answered “yes” not “no” to your question.

As I said, he obviously gave you the “wrong” answer.

So you just conveniently ignored it.

No, i didn’t ignore it. No it wasn’t th wrong answer. It demonstrated his lack of self awareness, because he had earlier mentioned people who were quick to give it out but not so quick to look at themselves. Just to make it clear, he is one of these people, demonstrated by his statement and knowledge of what happened wrt ‘ponces’.

It seems that you suffer from a lack of elf-awareness

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The fact he answered “yes” proves the opposite. Elfinmen has on countless occasions been self-critically. If you’ve never noticed that, then you clearly know little about him. And therefore in even less of a position to pass judgement on him.

BTW, I liked “a lack of elf-awareness” ……….. top marks for that :mrgreen:

IanW
    Free Member

Theres a real world out there too!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Munki I didn’t know you were so sensitive/angry. Looks like we are at opposites of a spectrum.

Every time you read my posts, just imagine there are lots of smilies.

I’d join in giving Fred a virtual head-flush down the toilet but that would mean I’d have to read the thread and no frikkin way am I doing that (that was serious).

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The fact he answered “yes” proves the opposite.

oh dear, I rellyucan’t be bothered to spell it out. But, in brief, No.

Elfinmen has on countless occasions been self-critically.

self-critically what?

If you’ve never noticed that, then you clearly know little about him. And therefore in even less of a position to pass judgement on him.

False logic

BTW, I liked “a lack of elf-awareness”

The only hint on smartness in the whole post.

luked2
    Free Member

This forum is slowly but surely degenerating into self-obsessed onanistic drivel.

And that’s just my posts.

I think I’ll take a break from STW and come back in a couple of weeks time. I’ve got a nice bike trip arranged (remember those) and hopefully when I come back the sun will be shining more and there will be some actual sense on here.

maxray
    Free Member

3 effin pages!!!

It would seem to my untrained eye that there are those who take the forum very seriously, maybe it has a greater level of importance and meaning in their lives.

There are those who are the oppposite of this and hold little or no regard for the other users of the forum, it’s just the internet, they have a real normal life and the forum it literally a time filler during their working day.

Obviously there is going to be a grey area of people inbetween (quite possibly myself included) but by and large its the altercations between the two ends of the spectrum that causes all the handbags, flouncing and general scrapping!

I reckon if we could kerb the blatent trolling it would be much more fun. If you think about it it is threads like Picolax that are the ones you remember as eye wateringly funny not ones where someone has been baited to the point of leaving the forum.

I think maybe the trollists have just ran out of generally funny/odd things to post about and so just resort to making fun at someone elses expense.

DrJ

I’m not asking people to lay themselves bare

Thank god for that – I don’t want sfb to post another photo of his hairy arse.

ononeorange

I think it’s an interesting thread. Most posts do seem to be the same twenty or so posters, I suppose if you’re on here all the time it’s easy to develop a persona with the others that is always combative.

That doesn’t make a lot of sense but I know what I mean!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Roll up! It's Elfin's Monday Anger Management Group Therapy Session!’ is closed to new replies.