• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rockshox monarch RT3 – setup tips/manual?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Can’t find anything on the sram site and no manual with frame 🙁 Anyone know where to look, google turns nothing up.

Anyone got any setup tips?

Blower
    Free Member

throw the fecker in the bin lad 😀

pile o shite.

still got mine like cant afford to change it.

clydebuilt
    Free Member

I got one on my titus rockstar, very little rebound adjustment possible so sent it back to be checked, was supplied with a new one, exactly the same…

zangolin
    Free Member

No setup manual afaik.
    There are full service manuals available for download from the sram site.
    Had one on my Mega switched to Monarch Plus now.
    Not a lot to do really – set your sag with the floodgate open with shock pump.
    Rebound to your taste.

IFP pressure should be at 250psi – with the correct adapter you can Change this – although RS don’t suggest changing this (older RS air shocks this was one of the tuning options). Don’t go higher than 250psi or lower than 200psi. Changed mine to 230psi and made it a little plusher on really rough descents.

Also worth doing an aircan service – just the lube side of things. Just make sure everything is as it should be.

ART

Do what you normally do … don’t expect it to work very well .. mine went back twice to Sram, I now have a brand new one in a box, which is where it is staying as my old RP23 that I switched to in the interim actually works.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

art what happened to it?

ART

Sorry … better late than never… erm two things 1) rebound just stopped working, fast, slow, made no difference. Came back, fine for five minutes then 2) shock started losing 50 psi per ride. Made a fuss and got sent a brand new one but so far am sticking with the much better, more reliable RP23. Will either sell it or ask TF what’s best to make it work [reasonably] well.

freeridenick
    Free Member

My one of my mega had no rebound when i got it. sent back to sram, came back – it had new rebound unit put in. It is better now – but still not amazing.

I have to have rebound set at the fastest setting, and its still not fast enough really

Run a Van-R most of the time which is miles better..

dale
    Free Member

took me a while to accept mine ,its different to a fox, the rebound adjustment only effects small bump stuff.I run it at 30 % sag and rebound one click from fast (rz 120) It does everything I need though it does get flustered on fast fist sized cobbly decents.(Though in truth that could be me)I like mine

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have a Monarch+ and I think its great but then it did replace a DHX Air. Yes the rebound doesn’t turn far or have much of a window but it is tunable at the tuners they come with low medium or high tunes on the rebound and compression. As far as I know the rebound is only for the end of stroke, what % of the stroke that covers I don’t know.

IA

My original one lost air and went back to fishers, had a service and seems to be fine since. Rebound seems to let me adjust it to my tastes also (fairly slow).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox monarch RT3 – setup tips/manual?’ is closed to new replies.