Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RockShox Domain 302 and 318 Recall (dates codes 09T8 through 42T8)
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

no need to panic.

This only affects a small number of forks, most likely to be USA Sold but that said folks do import these and its worth checking the date code just to be safe.

SOURCE

NEWS from CPSC

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    January 6, 2009
    Release #09-082
    Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 346-2928
    CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
    Bicycles with RockShox Bicycle Forks Recalled by SRAM LLC Due to Crash Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Bicycles using RockShox Domain 302 and 318 bicycle forks

Units: About 175

Importer: SRAM LLC, of Chicago, Ill.

Hazard: The steel steerer on the forks can crack, causing the fork to detach from the bicycle frame. This can cause the rider to lose control and crash.

Incidents/Injuries: One incident with a minor injury has been reported. Two other incidents without injury have been reported outside of the United States.

Description: The recall involves RockShox Domain 302 and 318 bicycle forks with steel steerer sold for installation on new bicycles. Only those forks manufactured between March 2008 and October 2008 with dates codes 09T8 through 42T8 are included in this recall. The date code is located on the back of the fork crown and on the lower leg. The RockShox Domain fork was installed on Transition Bottle Rocket bicycles, and may have been installed on Rocky Mountain Flatline 1, Rocky Mountain Slayer SS350, and Rocky Mountain Slayer SS396 bicycles.

Sold at: Specialty bicycle retailers nationwide from March 2008 through November 2008 for between $1,600 and $3,100.

Manufactured in: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using bicycles equipped with these forks immediately and contact their bicycle retailer for a free replacement fork.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact SRAM at (800) 346-2928 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, or visit the firm’s Web site at http://www.sram.com

r6ymy
    Free Member

Too much time on your hands?

MrNutt
    Free Member

toothache, waiting for the drugs to kick in, so, yes 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

i’d have more than a toothache if my formula levers fell off this weekend.

thanks for the tipoff(s).

MrNutt
    Free Member

no problems, its actually prompted me to swap over my levers (a job I’ve been meaning to do but putting it off!)

MtbCol
    Free Member

Didn’t STW post up about this recall in the UK in November 2008?

I clearly remember emailing SRAM in regards to my forks around then over a steerer issue that was similar to this…

EDIT – Yep, just gone through my printed emails and came across the one I sent;

From Colin Bell <>
    to returns@chainreactioncycles.com
    date 25 November 2008 15:57
    subject SRAM Recall – Rockshox Domain Forks
    mailed-by googlemail.com

hide details 25/11/2008

Hi, a while ago I purchased some Domain forks. SRAM have issued a recall on certain forks with the following production numbers:
    Domain Production Codes 09T8XXXXXXX to 42T8XXXXXXX.

My pair of forks has the production code 35T6XXXXXXX.
    Are these forks within the recall and do I need to return them?

Many thanks in advance,

Col Bell

forge197
    Free Member

MrNutt are you always ill or in someway broken?

I am sure you were home bound last week and couldn’t ride that Merida

Hope you get fixed up soon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Domain 302 and 318 Recall (dates codes 09T8 through 42T8)’ is closed to new replies.