Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • rock shox sektor dpc conversion
  • gmanfox
    Free Member

hi guys new here so hi !
    I’m currently of the bike with a broken elbow ouch!
    so taking the time to tidy up my 2011 orange five se
    my question is, is it just a case of swapping out the air chamber components and replacing with the DPC to convert these to dual position

i did do a search but couldn’t find a definitive answer

cheers G

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’m sure that Simon at Loco tuning would be happy to advise and give you a good price on the parts required.

parling
    Free Member

interested to hear if you find anything out, I have the solo air but fancy some coil forks so a conversion would be a cracking idea.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I have converted my coil 150mm sektors (no adjust)
    to DPC 140-110 and also the black box damper

both bought from LOCO..

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Nick, how do you rate the blackbox damper? my coil u-turn feel a little dead when deep in their travel.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Paul – not yet had a chance to ride them. only did it last week and not been out in this nasty weather ! will report back next week hopefully when it drys out..

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Thanks! will be interesting to hear if there is an improvement.

toys19
    Free Member

I have 140mm sektors and have just ordered the blackbox bamper (rlt?) which is off a revelation on the advise of TF tuned. I shall report back also..

gmanfox
    Free Member

looking forward to the reports i found out this afternoon that it is just a case of swapping the air side with the spring assembly but wasn’t told about upgrading the rebound side to the black box i can’t ride for another 3/4 weeks yet so i will report back then

G

EddyDave
    Free Member

Hey guys! Just wondered if anyone has done the coil to air conversion? OR used their spacer things to perhaps firm up the current spring in their Sektors?

I’ve got the Dual Position Coil: 150-120mm version. Thinking about air conversion for a bit of weight saving and hoping it would stop the brake dive!

Thoughts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘rock shox sektor dpc conversion’ is closed to new replies.