Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rock shox reba rlt solo air: hare and tortoise..
  • spazzolino
    Free Member

Hi,

Im looking for some friendly advice for setting up fork. Finally finished my bike build and would like to tweak the fork. Anyone point me in the direction of a good guide? It doesn’t look like the is a great deal of adjustment outside of air pressure and also the hare and tortoise screw. Any ideas on how to best tweak this?

Cheers

dantsw13

On the back of the fork is a table telling you the correct pressure for your weight. This will be a good ballpark figure. Have a search on here for “sag setting” this should help you fine tune it.

The hare and tortoise is rebound damping – how fast the fork spring returns to full length after compression. Turn the dial to the Hare, the spring will rebound faster, to the tortoise, slower. If the rebound is too fast, the fork will bounce like a pogo stick. Too slow, and the fork will pack down on repeated hits, as it cant recover quickly enough for the next hit. Basically, you need to play around with it until you feel the fork recovers quickly enough, without it feeling like it is bouncing you up.

bokonon
    Free Member

I have the same fork – I didn’t really look up much before tweaking, so this is a rough and ready non-technical, and possibly wrong guide:

Air:
    I tweaked the air by riding it – it was a little spongy, and I’m a fat knacker, so I put more air in – towards the top end of the range for my weight.

Rebound:
    When I rode it, I tweaked the hare/tortoise control until the suspension was expanding at the right kind of pace for my riding. It seemed obvious to me that it was too slow when I slowed it down, so I started at the tortoise end, then moved it until riding over bumpy bits seemed efficient at the speed I ride.

spazzolino
    Free Member

OK thanks chaps,

I will give the buggers a tune up today!

LoCo
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox reba rlt solo air: hare and tortoise..’ is closed to new replies.