Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rigid 29er fork options?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve seen a fork less 29er frame I might take a punt on as a winter bike.

It needs a pair of forks. I’d like to try a set of rigid forks for a retro ride feel and cost. What options are out there?

cynic-al
    Free Member

My on one carbons are comfy.

rewski
    Free Member

Plenty of good carbon rigid: kinesis, white bros rock solids, syncros fl’s.

ratherbeintobago

Budget? Steel/carbon?

scotroutes

I have the Exotics on my El Mariachi. Can’t fault them. Want to try them out?

sectuerfive
    Free Member

On One have discontinued their old stlye rigid carbon forks, they have the monocoque version though.

I am in the same boat at the moment, and have decided to go for the eXotic forks.

ton

got singular swift forks on my 29r mate.
    got some thicker guage ones off sam….been ok so far

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Budget? Around £100.

I was thinking steel but carbon sounds the way to go.

I spotted a note on another thread that Sam @ Singular may do a set of forks around that price.

tthew

Salsa Enabler here. Works fine for me, but never tried anything else so can’t comment if it’s better or worse than anything else.

Clink

Kinesis with 15mm axle? (- ah just seen the budget)

haggis1978

Salsa Cromoto

ton

£70 if I remember mate.

ratherbeintobago

Kinesis with 15mm axle? (- ah just seen the budget)

At a tangent, there are quite a few 15mm rigid forks due out this year (MRP Rock Solid, Salsa are launching steel & carbon ones)

ratherbeintobago

Double post

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I will just be using old school QR hubs so super fancy 15mm axles stuff is out.

takisawa2

Swift steel rigids are spot on. The weight difference isn’t much. They don’t absorb bigger bumps like a carbon fork but I find they absorb trail buzz more, if that makes any sense. My Niner steel forks (2.5x the price), are identical but for the disc mount. 😉

zigzag69
    Free Member

Another vote for Salsa Enabler – let you try going half fat too (if you fancy it).

Northwind

Exotic are excellent. Not stiff, but then that’s not neccesarily all that desirable. Good weight, sensible price- you pay a load more for the same fork with a White Bros logo on it. (*)

(* not everyone agrees it’s the same, in fairness… It seems that the level of perceived stiffness increases as soon as you put a quality brand and the word “solid” in the name but they feel just the same to me.

I replaced my Exotics with a set of Hylixes which are also good, but, I still don’t totally trust them- they’re silly light , full carbon, I was far happier beating the exotics up. Maybe that’s unfair.

acehtn
    Free Member

Surly Karate Monkey forks £79.

Had a quick look over on Charlie the bikemonger, all gone now, he had kona project 2’s going cheap a while back…..

A wanted ad on this forum may turn up a secondhander.

munded

Anyone recommend any with a 20mm Maxle? to make swapping out from REBAs easy.
    And preferably not a carbon crown/steerer. Am considering carbon and steel forks, but want a metal steerer.
    All i can find it the salsa cromotos, which are pricey…

acehtn
    Free Member

Think the Salsa is it in 29er 20mm axles.

Dmr and identi have done dirt jump 26″ on 20mm axle’s.

core

Search my forum activity & you’ll see a previous thread of mine on 26″ rigid forks, alot were similar brands or 29er compatible anyway…..

munded

Nice one.
    Thanks. Have to keep an eye out for second hand salsa cromoto.
    Or buy a Fatbike front end… OR a Krampus front end…options.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rigid 29er fork options?’ is closed to new replies.