• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by danti.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Riding some amazing off piste trails in the Wye Valley with WyeMTB! (4K POV)
  • sprinter2139
    Free Member

I decided to do something a bit different to my normal style of riding and spent Friday (my birthday) with WyeMTB doing a guided off piste trails day around the Lower Wye Valley, a stark contrast to last year’s birthday which I spent on a hospital bed waiting for collar bone surgery!

Well worth the day out and so much more descending than I could ever do in a day without the Defender to meet me at the bottom, over 20 miles of bike time most of which was downhill which came to early 5500ft of descents!

professor_fate
    Free Member

Blimey, that does look good – much better than I gave the area credit for.   !o)

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Blimey, that does look good – much better than I gave the area credit for.

As I do mostly bike park and DH type stuff normally I was a bit worried that because of the overall distance the trails wouldn’t be challenging enough, I mean surely it couldn’t ALL be awesome trails. How wrong was I…haha

pampmyride
    Free Member

Devil’s Staircase & Limekiln spotted. Ridden  those a few times during the Wyegate Long Distance  (motorcycle) Trial. I’m guessing devils would be a handful on an MTB…..

ta11pau1

The Wye valley is beautiful, it’s my way into Wales when riding my motorbike there – and those trails look awesome, some proper gnar there!

Got a link to the trip? Was it just a single day?

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Devil’s Staircase & Limekiln spotted. Ridden  those a few times during the Wyegate Long Distance  (motorcycle) Trial. I’m guessing devils would be a handful on an MTB…..

I’m not familiar with the trails by name but seeing as we encountered a group of trials bikes coming up the opposite direction that sounds about right…definitely a handful though!

Got a link to the trip? Was it just a single day?

They’ve got a couple more pre-planned days coming up, but I think if you have groups of 4-6 they will put on a day for you.

Wye Valley Off-Piste

redthunder
    Free Member

Nice. Noticed one of my favourite trails.

Cant wait for the bridge toll demise. Hopefully be able to ride further up the valley.

Keep it secret 😉

spacemonkey

That looks damn good fun.  Added to the MTB bucket list.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Nice. Noticed one of my favourite trails.

Cant wait for the bridge toll demise. Hopefully be able to ride further up the valley.

Keep it secret

I’d definitely do more of this kind of riding if I knew where to find trails like that locally. Me too, I was so pleased to see the toll was finally being removed last time I drove across to BPW!

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone prepared to share a location for those?

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Here’s a photo I took while loading up on the Brockweir Bridge after one of the runs!

welshfarmer

Recognise most of those trails from our winter Wednesday evening rides 🙂

Some great riding around there for sure

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Recognise most of those trails from our winter Wednesday evening rides

You mean people ride those deathtraps in the wet!? haha I seem to recall thinking at least once on pretty much every trail “I’m glad I’m doing this in the dry…” 😉

bigh
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden those and i’m a local ffs. Must get out and explore more

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden those and i’m a local ffs. Must get out and explore more

I’m guilty of that too, I regularly come all the way to FoD or South Wales to ride but don’t do much near where I live at all. Although you can’t really compare Oxfordshire to South Wales though…

Andy_K

Don’t tell everyone, it’s great that it’s still very much an undiscovered area. 😁

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been on a walk near there, Devil’s Pulpit, and I remember thinking it looked ace for MTBing.

mattsccm
    Free Member

You ought to try getting a sidecar up and down them!

nickc

Another great video Sprinter, count me in the “didn’t know that existed” pile as well. Another location for a day trip.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Another great video Sprinter, count me in the “didn’t know that existed” pile as well. Another location for a day trip.

Cheers mate, I just took a gamble and signed up to the ride last minute. Was not disappointed!

danti

Bookmarked hopefully for next year

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Riding some amazing off piste trails in the Wye Valley with WyeMTB! (4K POV)’ is closed to new replies.