Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Riding at haldon exeter
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

About to head their after lunch, is it any good? Which bits do I need to look out for?

toys19
    Free Member

I like the red run although it appears to be universally hated because it hasn’t got enough gnarrrrr factor. Its tight twisty single track and you cannot outpedal it in top gear therefore you have to brake every now and then, therefore it presents a technical challenge so it ticks my boxes and is a buzz when you get it right.

The “black” bit down the bottom is a good laugh, not really black but it does have a rock garden and some nice berms, we tend to repeat the bermy bit a few times for entertainment.

There are also some “wild trails” which are good.

I’m off up their myself at about 3 ish so I’ll look out for you. I’m a short fat bloke, I haven’t decided if I’m riding my bullit or my bfe today yet..

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m a tall fat bloke probably in a sweaty puddle somewhere.

snaps
    Free Member

We’re going down in the morning to do some unofficial stuff with the red & new blue in the middle of the ride – It’s OK but less than 9 miles of good stuff & be prepared for people & dogs walking up the cycle trails!
    The ‘red’ is barely red & the ‘black’ is the lowest section of the old red – so not as ‘core as they sound!

toys19
    Free Member

Ok I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I was just looking at Haldon as I’m staying in Beer over the weekend, sounds just right for a SS.

xc-steve
    Free Member

To be fair its a nice place, but wouldn’t travel from miles to get to it…

Think of Welsh trail centres as a Theme Park
    Think of Haldon as a Fairground

toys19
    Free Member

Lot’s of ss’ers ride there…

ianpinder
    Free Member

My mums in teignmouth so only 9 miles or so for me

instanthit
    Free Member

Great fun at night though.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Good quick blast on a HT, FS over kill, I usually go round it twice, Watch out for the narrow twisty singleytrack and the tree stumps and strres as people have come a cropper at speed 🙂

Burchy1
    Free Member

Plenty of good unofficial stuff up there if you know where to look. The best route starts from the Ley Arms in Kenn and finishes with the Haldon Grill stuff and a cracking Bridlepath descent down to the pub.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I only had my nicolai full sus, but was ok. A couple of nice flowy bits, the blacks not really a black though is it, was really busy today being half term, though not many on the official route. Nice to see so many familys on bikes.

trailmonkey

should have gone to dartmoor

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m only down to see my mum for a couple of days, I can’t really go away riding for a day. a couple of house 5 miles away isn’t too bad.

Next time I’m down for longer I probably will, though if i do a full days riding around this area it will be gawton

timc
    Free Member

its rubbish, no point trying to fight a losing battle saying otherwise

toys19
    Free Member

Ian, we locked eyes as you got back to the car about 4.20. Damn I knew it was you…. Could have been so beautiful…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ianpinder-Give us a shout if you are going to Gawton.Went there and Tavi on Monday–Good times

snaps
    Free Member

Ian, we locked eyes as you got back to the car about 4.20. Damn I knew it was you…. Could have been so beautiful…

😯

ianpinder
    Free Member

I thought that might be you, but I put it out of my mind because you were a couple of hours late. My chain snapped on the last climb so thats why I was pushing back to the car. I had a chain removal tool, however the pin in it had fallen out.

bassspine
    Free Member

it, was really busy today being half term

It was because there was a council run ‘play day’ there today, I’ve been working there 09.30-4.00. They reckon several thousand turned up. No wonder it was busy for you!

Still it was pretty clear by 4.30… and we had a pleasant relaxer ride after work 🙂

ianpinder
    Free Member

were you working in the hire shop?

bassspine
    Free Member

no, on the Cycle Exeter stand in the thick of the ‘fun’. The guys at the shop were snowed under, I hear. Free bike hire for two hours paid for by Cycle Exeter…

kaiser
    Free Member

TimC ..it’s not rubbish it’s just that you are obviously too hardcore as well as not knowing the area I’d imagine.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Riding at haldon exeter’ is closed to new replies.