Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding a skatepark in the wet
  • juiced
    Free Member

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I am trying to plan my day. Should skate parks with ramps ( as opposed to concrete bowls etc) be avoided in wet weather for safety reasons?

Cheers

juiced
    Free Member

Probably gonna give it a miss as I should imagine the ramps which I believe are wooden will be slippery.

biker66
    Free Member

Even a slightly damp skatepark is no fun in my experience. I'd rather ride in the mud. And I love skateparks, but they gotta be bone dry.

juiced
    Free Member

cheers biker. Bit new to this so thanks.

jedi

never ride damp ramps.
    we stop even if a drop falls out the sky 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

thanks jedi.

juiced
    Free Member

guess it must be bmx track today then 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Go try it in the wet, I guarantee you won't do it twice.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Don't do it!!!

juiced
    Free Member

Don't worry. I wasn't gonna ride the park today thanks to the advice.

Bmx track is the wet is fine as it has a hard surface and isn't raced on 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends on the track, my local ones horrendous in the wet, the concreet dust stuff the council patched it up with must realy be chalk because at the first sign of moisture the berms just spit you off!

sodafarls
    Free Member

Years ago when I lived in West London I'd pop down to the newly re-built Meanwhile skatepark early in the morning before the kids arrived. One crispy cold day I arrived down for a quick skate. The shallow bowl was bathed in early morning sunlight, and the third deepest connecting bowl was still in shadow. I dropped in, did a short frontside grind in the small bowl, backside carve in the middle bowl and ollied the hip into the big bowl…and slid on my back in the frost about half way up the transition on the other side while watching my board pause in the air about fifteen feet above my head. Luckily it missed me when it returned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding a skatepark in the wet’ is closed to new replies.