Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Ridgeway double attempt
  • molgrips
    Free Member

That’s odd. More Garmin weirdness perhaps. Looks like the penultimate trackpoint is the one that it flagged up as the end. I carried on to the corner of the road though – just because.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well done Molly!! Cracking effort for a self-proclaimed sprinter 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Genuine praise from The Southern Yeti – that makes it all worthwhile 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Two days later and I’m already looking at my next one.. insanity isn’t it?

weeksy

molgrips – Member
    Two days later and I’m already looking at my next one.. insanity isn’t it?

Considering my lack of desire to ever visit the SDW again after riding it in one day, yes, you’re clearly insane.

adsh
    Free Member

Think that’s standard. As the pain recedes the ‘what ifs’ start…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not going to lie… I didn’t think you’d actually do it and I’m glad I was proven wrong!

Why you’d do another though? Crazy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m even mulling over the possibility of doing it AGAIN next year to set a better time….!

My next would have to be Wales coast-to-coast probably, although it seems there are no definitive routes. But most seem to finish in my home town.

faustus

Great effort molgrips!

DrP

Molly..give the SDW a bash – it’s another iconic long distance route…

I’d be keen to ride the ridgeway – one way at first, to explore/learn.. THen would have a go at the SS record!
    DrP

adsh
    Free Member

SS record is a tough ask. Pedalhead is up there on just about every hill KOM in the area!

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Going to be giving this a crack next yr be rude not too as it’s on my doorstep.

molgrips
    Free Member

First ever ‘blog’ post, so be gentle.

Ride report.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Excellent write up! I drew up the route exactly for this kind of scenario…where someone is pushing themselves a bit out of their comfort zone, but can see that it’s achievable. Great ride. SDD next…! 😀

PS…don’t forget to send me your route!

pedalhead
    Free Member

SS record is a tough ask. Pedalhead is up there on just about every hill KOM in the area!

I’ve been a bit lazy this year so I’m losing them all the time! DrP sounds a bit handy, would be ace to have some singlespeed competition on the leaderboard.

whitestone
    Free Member

Nice one.

Recognise most of the mental states 😀 Riding for long periods at night can get particularly weird.

Try the Raspberry Ripple flavour Torq gel – instant memories of childhood!

I switch between a single water bottle and a small camelbak (Lobo) depending on the likely availability/frequency of water supplies. I don’t think there’s a perfect answer other than either knowing the route or a lot of research which almost amounts to the same thing.

molgrips
    Free Member

SDD next…!

I think I want to do Wales C2C, if anyone has a definitive route let me know.

Re bottles, I find the bike rides less well over bumps when it’s laden. Dunno if that would be an issue longer distance or not.

whitestone
    Free Member

The ITT Welsh coast to coast is The Cambrian Trail. There’s also the older one based on Sarn Helen but I’ve not seen info on that.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought there was a shorter one than that? 200 miles? Lots of links to Dave Buchanan’s site but it’s offline.

whitestone
    Free Member

If you are looking at something around the 200 mile distance then check out selfsupporteduk.net – there’s a few 300Km (186 mile) then a bit of a jump.

salad_dodger

Great blog molgrips, really enjoyed reading about your journey.

pete68
    Free Member

How about the Braunton 150 loop. “Only”150 miles but tough going. Fantastic riding though in stunning scenery. If you properly get the bug then you’ll be thinking of the ht550…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks SD. I plan to update it with more stuff.

Hm, Braunton one looks good. Not that far to travel for me.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Thanks Mol. I’ll be using that as research/inspiration for my own SDD attempt.

Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Ridgeway double attempt’ is closed to new replies.