Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Renting a full-face?
  • timnwild

Does anyone do that? If not, where can I pick up a cheapy on my way to Wales?

binners

On the way to Wales from where? I’ve got one kicking about you can use

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Buy a second hand one, sell it when you’re done. Easy.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Renting helmets? Are you mad? Stuff that.

greeble
    Free Member

buying second hand helmets? 😯

xiphon
    Free Member

New 661 lids can be had for £60 new from CRC…..

timnwild

Thanks Binners – we’re on the way from Shoreham by Sea to Snowdon this afternoon. But I can probably get away without one.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use a middle of the range 661 (Strike I think), usualy picked up whatever was last years model (i.e. paint scheme), think I only paid £35 per helmet (binned them after each big crash).

I’d rather wear an XC lid and take it easy than hire a helemt or buy 2nd hand!

Only problem is fitting, even between helmets of the same nominal size (i.e. i could in theory buy any helmet listed as 63cm) there’s a huge range of shapes even within brands (some 661 fit me perfectly, others there’s no chance) so mail orderings tricky (hence I’m still buying the same mid range helmet year after year).

missnotax
    Free Member

If you’re thinking like you might need one, then I would probably err on the side of caution!

Having said that, if you’re riding Snowdon (assumed from your post above??!) then i’m not sure I would personally use a FF for that anyway – too hot on the climb.

Duane…
    Free Member

Remember that CRC do free returns, so you can buy a few and return those that don’t fit. Most LBSs don’t stock a good variety anyway.

xiphon
    Free Member

I ordered 3 different sizes at once, sent two of them back to CRC for free.

Really couldn’t fault that service.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Renting a full-face?’ is closed to new replies.