Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommendations please – XC type 29er -full suspension
  • hillsplease

Hello – after a full sus 29er – currently have a Giant Anthem X 29er which is v nice and shiny. Had a go on a Scott that left me cold and seemed distinctly over priced for a v average build. The other option is another Giant, again in 29er, preferably with forks from Fox and wheels not made of cheese.

Any recommendations around the £2k mark for a full bike please from the collective knowledge of the Forum?

Many thanks

Paul

will
    Free Member

Anthem X 29er 😆

Maybe a Specialized, Camber?

collie
    Free Member

The Cube AMS 29 got a good review on twentynineinches – looks good value too.

FuzzyWuzzy

If you already have an Anthem X 29er and are happy with it why are you changing? If it’s just the forks and wheels are dodgy then upgrade them :p Not tried them but a GF/Trek superfly and a SC Tallboy would be on my short-list to test.

weeksy

confused like above… what part of your catagory/criteria does you current Giant no fit into ?

Mine would be an Intense 29er personally… or maybe a Ti 29er.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was also considering Anthem x 29er – what’s wrong with yours?

Bream
    Free Member

😕

So why do you want to change then, I seem to have missed the point?

rootes1

Not out yet but early reviews seem good and has a good spec:

Rocky Mountain Element 950 (they do a cheaper/expensive version as well 930/970)

see:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-element-950

thomthumb
    Free Member

salsa?

hillsplease

Still very much liking the Anthem and am looking for a 2nd bike for 24hr soloing on and training on.

I recommend the Anthem whole heartedly asnd if anyone’s in the NW and want a go on a L then give me a shout.

Just wondering if there’s anything I’ve missed? But for £2300 the spec’s up there, I like the fork and frame and it weighs not very much at all. The Scott felt sluggardly by comparison, and the comfort of it being easier to wheelie would only be so relevant on a long ride.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please – XC type 29er -full suspension’ is closed to new replies.