• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommendations for waterproof boots.
  • younggeoff

Ok after 3 years service my Northwave celsius boots have died.

So I'm after some new ones, I quite like the look of the specialized defrosters, the new celsius gtx are lighter but I did have problems with the high back on them so may opt for a one with a neoprene cuff.

All help greatly appreciated

Christowkid
    Free Member

Bought some Defrosters end of October. Not had chance to use them, much, but I find them comfortable and definitely waterproof.
    General concensus is that they are waterproof but not overly warm, meaning more useful as not only a winter boot but can be used as a spring/autumn boot without getting too hot, but buy a size up to enable extra socks for when really cold!
    I'm happy with them….
    cheers
    Q

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got defrosters and the definately keep the water out (unless it comes over the top of them!) and the toebox has plenty of room for thick socks

iainc

I have defrosters and think they are great. Was riding last night with a pair of merino lined Sealskinz and these boots. Thick snow and end of ride temp was -10. toes were a bit cold, but still fine after 2 hrs.

Alex

As above. Replaced my very old Shimano W101s. About half the weight, waterproof and good for either two thin or a thick sock.Look a bit special needs but who cares!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had thr MT90s for a while until they started leaking. It was hard to tell at first as lots of water sprays up over the tops. That's why I've now replaced them with the MW80 which has the collar to keep the spray out. Not used them in anger yet though.

FOG

MW 80s get my vote. 2nd winter and they are still waterproof and warm. In fact I put SPDs on my road bike during the winter so I can wear them on both bikes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for waterproof boots.’ is closed to new replies.