Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • recommend me a good VPN service
  • Travis

pref one that is in the UK.

Travis

really? no-one uses a VPN service ? 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

what do you mean by VPN service?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I use itshidden.com which pops you out in Dutchland. I did use a UK based one once but can't remeber it's blimming name. What do you want it for? Is it for using iplayer abroad or something more sinister? As I may be able to help.

scuttler

To get to what? It assumes you need to get access securely from where ever in the world you are, to something at the other end. Is it to get iplayer access from abroad or sommat else?

samuri
    Free Member

aah, a UK based proxy, is that what you mean?

Take your pick.
    http://proxy-list.co.uk/popular-proxies.php

monkeychild
    Free Member

VPN is different to a proxie as it provides you with a secure link (well I guess the vpn companies could sniff at what you are doing) between your 'puter and wherever you want to be.
    Eg if you are p2ping like a badger using a VPN, all your isp would see is high volumes of ssh traffic.

Travis

I live in China, and just like to be free on the net, and read what ever I want.

My current vpn service is getting a bit scatty, so I would like to swop.

baldSpot
    Free Member

use these guys and i'm happy with the service: http://www.intl-alliance.com

Travis

I live in China, and just like to be free on the net, and read what ever I want.

My current vpn service is getting a bit scatty, so I would like to swop.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Try itshidden.com then, it's free albeit restricted to 1Meg but it has always been reliable for me.
    HTH

Travis

trying itsHidden now, can't connect to the server… wonder what they might have done to the Great Fire Wall recently…

nicko74

Ahhh, the Chinese censors don't like the kind of filth that's on singletrackworld, eh? Well, who can blame em, eh? 😉

Travis

TG I can still get ST… don't where I'd be with out it… it's like being at the pub 😀

samuri
    Free Member

right well search for SSL anonymous proxies then, they'll probably blocked too but you might find one. That way, assuming all you want to do is go to websites, you'll be able to do that and the authorities won't be able to see it.

carbon337
    Free Member

Google darkweb it's a client based system but I doubt you will get the client to download in china. When you download there is a disclaimer about what kind of anonymous browsing level you require. To do highest you need to say that you understand you may be imprisoned, tortured or worse!

Bimbler
    Free Member
    Travis

do you have a link for google darkweb? I can't seem to find it

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good VPN service’ is closed to new replies.