Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a garage floor paint.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Just laid a 6x7m reinforced concrete pad for a garage base.  Prior to erection I’m going to paint the floor . Any ideas to point me in the right direction. Happy to spend money so it is durable and long lasting .

cyclistm
    Free Member

Leyland trade from screwfix.

Tracey

Did ours six years ago with Ronseal, still looks as good as new.

cheers_drive

No nonsense screw fix

fooman

Epoxy resin DPM is industrial strength, about 10kg would do it, probably about £100 more expensive but worth it

trail_rat
    Free Member

nothing at this time of the year until the pad temperature increases dramatically

simon_g

Screwfix Leyland stuff has been fine for me so far.

But as said, you need the concrete to be warmer (10C minimum, ideally more) plus it needs to have dried out thoroughly which can take months. So crack on with building and come back to it when it’s nice and warm.

bigyan
    Free Member

What do you do in the garage? Just storage or bikes/cars/grinding/welding/painting etc?

Worth looking at paint, epoxy, stain and polishing depending on your use/budget

mikey74
    Free Member

Watco do some good products.

drnosh
    Free Member

Regal Paints.

http://www.regalfloorpaint.co.uk

Industrial, good range of colours, quick delivery.

Paint is really ‘creamy’ and rolls out beautifully.

I primed the floor first, then rolled 2 coats. Nice and glossy.

As others have said, wait until its warmer though.

stmachreth
    Free Member

+1 Leyland Trade

Stoner
    Free Member

Home

This stuff is excellent

nickc

Checker Plate Garage Floor Tile 50cm (Black)

Could I offer an alternative? Used to lay this sort of stuff when I was temping for a while, hard wearing, about the same cost, doesn’t flake, doesn’t need repainting, don’t have to wait for it to warm up, and a spill in one corner means you replace that tile, rather than have to repaint.

simonpedley

+1 for regal paints. I painted mine the beginning on this week whilst it was still warm. I chose epoxy ford tractor blue. It was easy to apply, just make sure you mix epoxy paints with a paddle to mix parts a + b together properly.

lion
    Free Member

Another bedec recommendation from me, excellent products. Wait until its warmer though before painting.

nedrapier

Nick, I’ve looked at floor tiles before, and lino, but even for a small garage like mine, 3x5m, that’s still £250 for tiles.

mark90
    Free Member

I used Bradite on mine with good results and is lasting well. Make sure the concrete is well prepped for best results.

oikeith

I am planning on picking up some of the screwfix no nonsense floor paint to do my garage floor, it looks like it was painted decades ago and has worn quite badly. Which roller should I use to apply this? I would have thought a masonry roller but when googled there were suggestions of a gloss roller!

For those that have also used the screwfix no nonsense floor paint, how did you find it? easy to apply? how many coats did you apply?

submarined
    Free Member

If you’re planning on actually using it as a garage to put cars and stuff in, you need a proper 2 pack epoxy, and it won’t be particularly cheap.
    All the no nonsense etc stuff will peel and lift before long, especially if you park a car on it. Expect transfer in to tyres, chips, flakes etc.

You’ll also need to prep the crap out of it. It’ll need thorough hoovering, and several repeated applications of degreaser. But I wouldn’t bother doing any of this for 6 months or so until the slab has thoroughly dried and then warmed in the summer.

TiRed

I laid the bigdug garage tiles and I have to say they are very good. Warm to walk on, easy to cut, dust free, and best of all, there is a blue Wahoo shaped rectangle on the floor for turbo. About the same as epoxy. I’m delighted with them. And obviously if your garage is full, you don’t have to empty it to lay them.

oikeith

I only plan to use the garage to store my pedal powered bikes with a workshop in the back corner. No cars will be stored in it, I dont actually think a car would fit!

The reviews of the no nonsense floor paint are good and dont contain enough to make me consider the more expensive alternatives. No comments though on which roller type was used to apply which led to my question re which is best to be used.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a garage floor paint.’ is closed to new replies.