Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a dog seat belt / harness combo
  • walowiz

Used to have a simple setup for our previous dog, but she was never any trouble in the car even when young, she loved travelling in the car and on long journeys would just rest and watch the world go by.

Our new addition a 6 month old pup loves the car, but views it as a toy and does her best to maraud around like a small Viking.

Googled this and I’m none the wiser as to what’s best. Before anyone suggests a crate in the back of the car, there’s never enough room and I’m not carrying it in/out every time I drive.

Any advise from the STW collective ? Got a driving vacation coming up, so would like to get something soon to try out.

robola

Crate in the boot.

nickjb
    Free Member

We had a webbing one and the dog chewed through it one trip. Probably going to get a guard that clips to the rear headrests and blocks off the boot area.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We started off with a kurgo harness, with a tether that slides over a seatbelt and a back seat hammock. Enough movement that she could sit up/lay down but restricted enough that she couldn’t join us in the front

phil5556

For our camper we just got a cheap one off Amazon, it slips over the headrest and its elasticated webbing to allow a bit of extra movement.

Harness will be whatever fits her best, we used a Ruffwear one but it never really fitted that well so recently replaced it with one of these Hurtta Razzle-Dazzle H-Harness, Hedge, 18-22 in
    Which fits him really well.

TiRed

<blockquoteCrate in the boot.

This. All our dogs have travelled in a cage. It helps if you have one at home too.

theotherjonv

If she’s taking up space on a seat, why not fold the seat down and put a crate there. Or even the crate on the back seat has to be better than a marauding pup trying to lick your face while you maneouver 1.5T of metal around the streets

We have one of these – folds down when not in use to almost flat so you barely lose any boot space to it so no reason not to leave it in there.

franksinatra

In the boot with guard separating boot from rear seats. Crate optional. Dogs get wet, smelly and hump around. They belong in the boot.

theotherjonv

Forgot the link!! And too late to edit

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Before anyone suggests a crate in the back of the car, there’s never enough room and I’m not carrying it in/out every time I drive.

Travall dog guard + Hatchbag boot liner. *

Brilliant setup. Expensive, worth every penny, and an easy re-sell on ebay when you move the car on. Get the matching boot divider as well if you have just the one dog, then you have half the boot for the hound and half for stuff, and you can stack the stuff floor to ceiling.

It’s been our preferred setup for ages; got the guards in both cars, plus a roof bag to regain the lost boot space for holidays.

* other brands available, etc etc.

duncancallum

I have either a clix one that’s a harness and seatbelt in one or

or a ruffwrar and a belt adapter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a dog seat belt / harness combo’ is closed to new replies.