Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a Bike
  • toonfan
    Free Member

Hello all
    A mate has asked me for advice on a new steed,he has about £300 to spend and i ain’t got a clue…

Can anyone help me out??

Ta…

TimP
    Free Member

Have you thought about one of THESE?

z1ppy

what he gunna use it for? (commuting/canal-paths/mtb-ing/etc)

A number of £300 hardtails available from here
    to wet his appetite…

Oxboy
    Free Member

No timp, he wants an iron horse!

TimP
    Free Member

I thought about it, but it was too easy!!

Seriously though a mate has a Carrera Vulcan for about that and he has no problems out in the surrey hills

toonfan
    Free Member

z1ppy
    He’s planning on doing the sustrans C2C in June..It’s going to be mostly that sort of stuff because of a broken arm years ago that still gives him some pain on rough trails…

z1ppy

The first choice would be a rigid mtb, as the money saved on the forks can go on decent chainset/wheels (as sustran shouldn’t need suspension), but as you mention his broken arm pain, maybe a suspension fork would be the way ahead on a decent hardtail to combat that.
    Most of the stuff on the paul cycles hardtail page would be fine (GT or Giants would be my first choice), though it worth looking at the Carrera (vulcan/fury) stuff in halfords, cheap and decent and some of it’s on sale.

Will-M

If you have a Decathlon store neary they do some of the best bargain MTBikes around. Good spec and a good warranty. Would be fine for what’s intended. Check the website http://www.decathlon.co.uk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Bike’ is closed to new replies.