Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reba Team or SID Race ?
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Currently I run some Fox F80RL on A Giant XTC Composite Frame. With some good deals on Rebas and SIDs at the moment , I think it is an ideal time to try some 100mm forks. I do general XC and I do the occasional XC race. I just get confused with all the different models( Team, Race, SL). The new SIDs(2008-)got big praises and the Rebas have been a success since their launch ( although people I know just don't seem to get them set up quite right ). My budget is between £200 and £300. (My weight is about twelve and a half stone, if that's of any use.)

njee20
    Free Member

New SIDs over the older Rebas.

smoggy
    Free Member

What year is your frame sputnik?

sputnik
    Free Member

Smoggy, it is an 2007 frame.

smoggy
    Free Member

just posted earlier about my forks ( i've got 2007 XTC C1 aswell)

My forks will be gettin' an upgrade later next month i reckon.

just thought it was a bit spooky

(odd i know!)

sputnik
    Free Member

Nick, I can get 09 Rebas and 09 SIDs for roughly the same price, so how does the new Rebas compare to the new SIDs ?
    smoggy, I am looking forward to see how the bike handles with more travel.
    My son will be getting the F80's. I am building him a XC race bike for next year (first year in U/12). Frame is a small XTC (Alu with carbon stays).

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have an aluminium XTC which has Rebas.Originally they were set at 80mm but I removed the spacer to give me 100mm.I was quite surpirsed at the difference.It seems to give a lot more confidence on the descents,with little detriment to speed of steering,or climbing,so well worth it.
    SID and Reba are very similar except for the 100g or so lighter build of the SIDS.If you go for the Team version of either you get the better blackbox damping internals,which makes them more controlled over high speed/repetitive hits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reba Team or SID Race ?’ is closed to new replies.