Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rattling shifters – contacting Shimano direct?
  • Premier Icon Rustychain
    Free Member

I recently bought an Arkose 3 which is fitted with 105 shifters (5700 model).

The shifters rattle on anything other than a smooth surface (not ideal for a gravel bike). I’ve tried adjusting the reach but that doesn’t fix it. The only solution I can find online is applying tape/foam to the shifter at the point where the rattle is – not the solution I was hoping for.

I’ve reported the issue to Evans. As my local store is closed they have suggested I take the bike to an authorised Shimano dealer. I don’t really want to do this, as I’m sure the LBS has better things to do than deal with a bike purchased elsewhere.

Is there any point in trying to contact Shimano direct?

If yes, I’ve struggled to find contact details. Any help on that front would be appreciated.

Thx

Premier Icon The Pinkster

You might be better off initially contacting Madison, the UK importer for Shimano, rather than Shimano themselves, but they may well tell you the same thing that Evans did.

Premier Icon pdw
    Free Member

I recently bought an Arkose 3 which is fitted with 105 shifters (5700 model).

Really? 5700 was superseded in 2014.

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member
    Premier Icon Rustychain
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses.

Woops, they’re 7000 series shifters (7020 I think}.

Good idea re Madison.

Thanks for the link Damascus – I’d found that through a search. Unfortunately my levers don’t have free stroke adjustment, only reach. I’ve played with the reach but that didn’t solve it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.