Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano Road hydraulic shifter rattle
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

My left shifter on my road bike has a rattle from a slight bit of movement. If I put my finger on it and pull it back (opposite way to pulling the brake on) it stops rattling.

Is this just worn and there’s nothing I can do about it or is there something I can tighten or replace?

Thanks

stevious

There’s a wee plastic bit that sits at the top of the lever that can come loose. Pull the lever to reveal a wee philips head screw that fixes it.

Hope that sorts it.

robertgray05
    Free Member

I have the same rattle. I put some wee 5x5x2mm sticky pads inside (on top of that philips head screw), but it hasn’t really improved things. Open to ideas…!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    damascus
    Free Member

Pull the lever to reveal a wee philips head screw that fixes it.

Lol, I have lost that screw before but I’ve already checked it this time.

I’ll try some tape

ojays
    Free Member

My old set did that and I made it go by not having the reach all the way in, just a tiny little out sorted it out.

Maybe check what the reach is set at?

robertgray05
    Free Member

My old set did that and I made it go by not having the reach all the way in, just a tiny little out sorted it out.

Fixed it! Thank you!

Didn’t even realise these brakes (ST-RS685) had reach adjustment. Manual here in case anyone else didn’t spot this 2mm hex screw…

ojays
    Free Member

No worries! Was really doing my head in on mine

damascus
    Free Member

OK, I’ve watched the video, I’ll try this. I’ll let you know. Thanks everyone.

damascus
    Free Member

@ojays not only has that fixed it but the brakes feel better. Its a good job I have big hands and didn’t need the extra reach. Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Road hydraulic shifter rattle’ is closed to new replies.