Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rat Race Capital to Capital
  • monksie
    Free Member

Has anybody participated in one of the Rat Race events before?
    They’re doing a London to Edinburgh ride over 2 or 4 days (you get to choose which) and my Ridiculous Thing To Do sense is tingling again.
    I can’t think the Live MC each evening is going to be appreciatesd by the 2 day riders….
    Just wondered if anybody has done anything with this organisation before?
    Everything on their very annoying website shouts “Biggest, Hardest, Longest….I’m Mad Me!” which isn’t really my style.

atlaz
    Free Member

400 odd miles and 3000-4000m climbing. Could be two very long days in the saddle

glupton1976
    Free Member
    Dyffers
    Free Member

Your Ridiculous Thing To Do sense seems to be malfunctioning. London to Edinburgh sounds quite sensible. This is ridiculous:

http://www.londonedinburghlondon.com/

Go for it (which ever one you choose). 🙂

Nick

I did the London Rat Race a few years ago, in fact I’m sat here wearing the “free” endura top thay gave us as I’ve just been for a run.

Good event, pretty silly challenges really but good fun. Ran 14 miles if memory serves me right, which I wasn’t ready for, I hurt a lot afterwards.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve done a few Rat Races, very well run and good fun. Also thinking about the Road Trip event, there’s an MTB CTC one next year as well I think.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I’ve signed up for this, the 2 day version.

Bit nervous about it 🙁

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

2 days??! You could do it in 2 days in a car and feel a bit rushed. Good luck to you… Crazy b’stds!

rickmeister

Done work for Rat Race on safety cover (not marshalling)…

Good depth of prep as organisers, good safety procedures, well thought through and supported… Great team to work with as well.

The rest is up to competitors !

SkillWill
    Free Member

They just updated the route with GPS tracks.

The 200 miles a day for two days is now 222 miles a day, second day has nearly 13000ft of ascent! So 444 miles 20,000ft ascent in 2 days 🙁

Bit annoyed really because adding on 22 miles per day adds on at least an hour pedalling, probably 1.5 hours, it might just make the difference between people not achieving it.

Just in case anyone else here is doing it anyway!

http://www.ratraceroadtrip.com/course.html

scud
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up for Manchester – London in 24 hours with RideUK24, 250 miles in a day, why do these things always seem like a good idead at the time!!??

(no where did i put my cast iron buttocks?)

SkillWill
    Free Member

Anyone doing this then – this Saturday?!

charliemort

looking at the coast to coast off road one. looks a bit ‘ard………..

anyone done this ? Has it been run before?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m doing the LEL in July. Target of 96 hours, so similar distance first 2 days, then turn round and do it again.

Biggest training ride so far yesterday of 86 miles with 7000ft ascent including Yad Moss, one of the biggest hills on the route. To be honest, apart from the horrific side-wind and constant rain, the gradient meant it was actually a nice climb.

SkillWill
    Free Member

There and back, wow. Not envious!

bigbadbob
    Free Member

My pal has singed up for this, London to Edinburgh, I told him to do the Edinburgh to London, it’s all downhill that way… See you all on the Esplanade on 6th, if that’s where it finishes. Well done and good luck to all that are doing it.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

It actually finishes in the Park. See you there.

mikehow
    Free Member

@charliemort – pretty steady. Depends on whether you are doing the 2 day or 1 day challenger. Hoped to go back and do the expert category sometime but they’ve scraped it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rat Race Capital to Capital’ is closed to new replies.