Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ragley cyclocross bikes?
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

After looking about for cyclocross frames I did a search for ragley rodwells – what happened to them!? Anyone know where I can get hold of one or if they even make a cross frame these days?

ratherbeintobago

Not sure what’s happening with Ragley, tbh. Don’t think the website’s been updated for a while though there does seem to be a new MTB frame available (alloy version of the Piglet), and the road/cross frames seem to be discontinued.

Andy

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Yeah, shame, they seemed good for the money.

MrAgreeable

Ragley are still very much going, but the Rodwell frame was dropped from the range after Brant left and now I see they’ve even stopped selling replacement mech hangers for them… grrrr.

For what it’s worth I really like mine, but it’s not the best-designed or constructed frame in the world. The paintwork is a blistery nano-layer, the bottle and rack mounts have a somewhat casual relationship with the inside of the frame, the integrated headset appears to be perpetually self-loosening, the low front end is disconcerting on steep stuff, and you have to take the skewer out to change a rear puncture.

On the plus side it’s hella stiff, race-light and comes up small for a ‘cross frame so it’s great on more technical stuff. It’s served me well but I’m glad I didn’t pay RRP for it.

shaggy

Gear hanger is the standard Fuji one, I think. BETD #58.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

my mate has a Rodwell, he says its shite….sorry! 🙁

He got it half price in the CRC sale and still thinks he was fleeced… heavy, unforgiving, etc

EDIT: I’ve a Forme Hiver and its GVFM, get them for £250 from eBay

MrAgreeable

Cheers John, was threading my way between big Dartmoor boulders on it at the weekend and thinking how I ought to get a spare. 🙂

Cross bikes and unforgiving, in the same sentence? I never thought I’d see the day. 😛

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Right well I’m glad I looked no further into finding one, they sound crap! Im looking at the Forme Hivers, seem a bargain as you say Mr EPO.

vegasdave
    Free Member

What about a Van Dessell Gin & Trombone?….go on,Google it..

sparkingchains
    Free Member

…”from the hardcore cross scene in Belgium”… grrrrr, real men’s bikes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ragley cyclocross bikes?’ is closed to new replies.