Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Race face next sl G4 crank – loose pedal insert
  • charliemort

I thought the loose insert issue with race face next sl cranks had been resolved with the G4 version but I’ve got one loose so apparently not

Is there a risk the insert will fall out completely or is it safe to ride as is ?

Thanks

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I keep hearing about this from various folks (on older none g4 ones), but so far (touch wood mine have been absolutely perfect, had a fair old battering too off rock strikes, pedal strikes but I keep checking after every other ride make sure they aren’t loose on mine, but seem solid

has made me paranoid my pedals just gonna fall off one ride though at the worst possible time 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else had a SixC crank do this or am I the first?

stuc
    Free Member

I’ve had the axle crank arm interface debond on a pair of G4’s. Still, better than the 3 times it happened on the previous generation cranks. I’d say they’re not fit for purpose but that won’t help me sell the Next Rally cranks they’ve sent me as warranty replacement.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure people used to build top end kit up to a standard rather than down to a price. These last couple of years seem to have been plagued by expensive stuff from brands with a good heritage that just turn out to be utter shite.

fathomer

No experiance of the G4 but I’ve had 3 sets on G3’s go in the last 18months, just fitted a set of Next R’s so I’ll see how they go.

At least the warranty’s good.

pipiom
    Free Member

Next SL (various models) and SixC: 4 sets in total……RF Turbine FTW 4. Me…..that’s a hell of a lot of bike downtime

mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

Last year my next SL’s went on the pedal insert
    they replaced them with some G4’s. These have just failed even quicker
    shame as i like the two sets of turbines i have, solid all alloy construction

Northwind

Onzadog – Member

I’m sure people used to build top end kit up to a standard rather than down to a price

I don’t think they’re built down to a price, I think they’re built down to a weight.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Possibly. But clearly not the quality they should be.

Northwind

Aye, they are shit for one reason or another

arogers
    Free Member

For anyone not convinced that there are better ways to save 100 grams, this picture is a small LBS’ warranty return box from a single summer: Dodgy carbon cranks

mikekay
    Free Member

Ive done in 2 sets of sl’s and about 7 sets among my close friends and now my G4’s have just gone. won’t be using raceface again, going back to sram.

mikekay
    Free Member

Ive done in 2 sets of sl’s and about 7 sets among my close friends and now my G4’s have just gone. won’t be using raceface again, going back to sram.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Race face next sl G4 crank – loose pedal insert’ is closed to new replies.