Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Quick Qu: Google Chrome on an Apple thingy
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Does the Mac version of Google Chrome do everything that it does on a linux or PC? i.e. all those lovely cuddly HTML5 webapps etc?

In other words, would a user notice any difference between logging into chrome on a mac rather than their PC or chromebook? Apart from the dirty feeling of self-loathing and urge to wear rimless spectacles of course 😉

brassneck

I use Chrome on Windows and OS X and sync bookmarks etc across the two.
    Have used Chromium on Linux too, don’t think there is an official ‘Chrome’ apart from on Chrome books.

Not noticed any difference in functionality across them, not even on Chromium. Prefer Chrome on iOS too.

Stoner
    Free Member

great, thanks.

I run chrome on my PC and I also have a chromebook.
    All v seamless but wasnt sure if the mac implementation did something daft or not. Unfortunately I have to accommodate freaks and wierdos who insist on using Macs in the business… 😉

jam-bo

seems fine and syncs properly across mac/ps/iOS.

dropped it on iOS now as iOS7 safari has upped its game a bit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chromecast is meant to work on Apple too

Stoner
    Free Member

I cant wait to try chromecast in an HDMI monitor for the kids.

Was going to use an android TV box but think this might be better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep, the SKD is out there too so expect a lot of apps becoming enabled for it. I can see it being good enough to make projectors wireless. Add in it was $35 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

well, $35 if you ordered it from the first batch from the US

£150 on ebay in the UK to be a first adopter 😉

I love the idea of running chrome on the TV – means ITV and iPlayer available.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

true, I’ll be waiting for the Oz release, should be sometime 2020…

smokey_jo

From what little I’ve read tabs in Chrome on Android don’t support Chromecast and you are limited to Apps – not many at the moment and no iplayer app yet.

I would hope it won’t be too long before that changes though.

Also I don’t think Google Play will play music that hasn’t been bought from the Google Store.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As it’s not been out a week I reckon the 3rd party apps will be there soon enough. I can play any music I uploaded into Google Music from my own collection and I think it plays fine with other downloads.

Stoner
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Chromecast model name: H2G2-42

nerd-tastic 😀

dh
    Free Member

if an app comes along that allows local streaming from your nas to it for all those “home movies” – it should be a no-brainer.

rumors that plex team are looking at it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I doubt it will take long. Unfortunately I bet it wont be able to stream Windows Media centre TV files 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

I use Chrome on an Air. It works. I have no feelings of shame.

nickdavies

I use it but its not perfect. Plugins often don’t work, and some sites have problems especially embedded apps etc.

I’d say its fine for general use but I use safari as a back up, as there are a few times it doesn’t like things. Business use again a few problems with some windows server functionality.

Wouldn’t see any problems with html5 though?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Quick Qu: Google Chrome on an Apple thingy’ is closed to new replies.