Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 593 total)
  • Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Labour’s manifesto (unlike the Tories) have costings and figures in?
    It does, by taxing the rich.

And raising corporation tax.

Dickyboy

I think the op has forgotten to count all the silent conservatives.

Me I will just be thoroughly amused if Mrs May either loses or has reduced majority. Not much chance of anything other than conservative win here though so red or green will decide on the day 🙄

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster Unionist Party – Will be a 2 horse fight between UUP and DUP in my area. The UUP candidate is reasonably progressive on issues like gay marriage and does a lot for the area. Would be happy for him to remain in the seat. The UUP also realise that they have to work with nationalist/republican parties unlike the DUP.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Labour for me (tactical) – voted Tory last time for the first time ever (never again)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thus pursuading companies that were considering in/out of the UK because of Brexit that it is a no brainer.

again less Corporation Tax will be collected than stated

I am actually not trying to be anti labour, just think they are as bad as each other.

IMO Corbyn will make everything rosey for a couple of years, and then we will be back to the 70’s/80’s

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie. Don’t despair. Tory margin just over the border in P-town is less than 2000 IIRC.

According to the Granuiad:

taxi25
    Free Member

Quick tally – haven’t counted the unknowns but i may have missed some so forgive me, 4 hours sleep in 2 days.

Labour 40 55%
    Lib D 17 23%
    SNP 9 12%
    Green 4 5%
    Cons 3 4%
    UKIP 0 0%
    73 100%

I seem to remember saxonrider’s anonymous poll being somewhat different 😀
    Conservative this time for me.
    Genuinely don’t think Corbyn and his team could run the country successfully ( I have some doubts about May and her crew) 🙁

Denis99
    Free Member

Im a Green member.
    Im voting Labour

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Labour. Because they have a Magic Money Tree and right now that’s what this country needs.

It’ll be wasted though because it’s all farmers round here and Mel has a massive majority.

mikey74
    Free Member

The Tories may be able to run a country but it’s not one any sensible person would want to live in.

wilburt
    Free Member

John Macdonnells just been on R4 doing a reasonable job of backing up the Labour manifesto whilst the Tory who followed him sounded like a liar.

kerley
    Free Member

It does, by taxing the rich. However this has been proven not to work, as the rich either leave, or find ways to pay less tax / stop working as why would you work hard for it to be all taken off you.

Proven eh? Be interested in the analysis, conclusion etc,. if you have it please. Feel free to tell me you just made it up….

kerley
    Free Member

Genuinely don’t think Corbyn and his team could run the country successfully ( I have some doubts about May and her crew

Interested in the thinking behind this? All parties could run the country, the civil servants doing the work are the same ones.

What have you seen in May over the last 2 months that has been better than Corbyn for example?

jam-bo

labour for the first time in my life.

IMO Corbyn will make everything rosey for a couple of years, and then we will be back to the 70’s/80’s

IMO May will **** up Brexit royally and then we’ll be right back to the 1800’s….

miketually
    Free Member

Thus pursuading companies that were considering in/out of the UK because of Brexit that it is a no brainer.[/quote]

Raising it to the level it was at in 2010, which is significantly lower than many/most other countries.

scud
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member
    Thus pursuading companies that were considering in/out of the UK because of Brexit that it is a no brainer.

again less Corporation Tax will be collected than stated

Am i right in thinking that UK has 19% Corporation Tax, whilst Spain is 28, Portugal 21, Germany 22-32%, France is 33% etc.

So actually even if raised by 1-2% we are still the lowest, any large company can only realistically look at moving to France/Germany where it is a lot higher?

miketually
    Free Member

Both Labour and Tories take about the same amount in taxes, just from different sources. Somehow, the Tories then spend less while borrowing more. That’s spectacularly incompetent.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ultimately although I’d prefer a Labour government and will vote that way I think the Tories will win tomorrow and I can see a small positive in that. They are responsible for the us leaving the EU and if they are also responsible for negotiating the deal then they are solely to blame when it eventually dawns on everyone what a shit show it is. After this term they could well become unelectable for a generation.

Admittedly another 5 years of Tory rule wont be great but it’s only a couple of years more than we would have had anyway without the early election.

sbob
    Free Member

wilburt – Member

the Tory who followed him sounded like a liar.

😆

I’ll vote labour but only if someone can prove Corbyn doesn’t look like a commie and Abbott doesn’t seem completely thick. 😉

scud
    Free Member

I also don’t like the way that May is not only going for a “hard Brexit” but seems to be doing her best to annoy all other European leaders and trying to put their backs up, we annoy the rest of Europe even more and our “special relationship” with the US is fast going out the window, who are we actually going to trade with other than a few countries in Asia?

wallop

I was going to vote Lib Dem but it’s a meaningless vote in my constituency (Bristol South) and the candidate doesn’t actually live anywhere near me.

So Green it is!

teethgrinder

sbob – Member
    I’ll vote labour but only if someone can prove Corbyn doesn’t look like a commie and Abbott doesn’t seem completely thick.

Aye. **** the foxes.

kerley
    Free Member

I’ll vote labour but only if someone can prove Corbyn doesn’t look like a commie and Abbott doesn’t seem completely thick

Not sure what a commie looks like (he doesn’t look like any famous ones) but I would put money on Abbot being more intelligent than you.

sbob
    Free Member

teethgrinder – Member

Aye. **** the foxes.

You smell like a terrorist sympathiser… 😐

theboatman
    Free Member

I’ll be voting Labour, although I think it’s a very safe bet that the Tories will hold the Derbyshire Dales again.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ll vote labour but only if someone can prove Corbyn doesn’t look like a commie and Abbott doesn’t seem completely thick.

In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, “common, universal”) is the philosophical, social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state. These aren’t Corbyn’s policies, so he’s not a commie.

Diane Abbott is the daughter of immigrants who graduated from Cambridge, qualified for the civil service fast track scheme, became the first black female MP and rose to a high level within her party. By any measure, she’s not thick.

kennyp
    Free Member

I’ll be voting Tory as here they are the best chance of keeping the SNP out.

Dickyboy

ransos
    Free Member

I was going to vote Lib Dem but it’s a meaningless vote in my constituency (Bristol South) and the candidate doesn’t actually live anywhere near me.

So Green it is!

*waves*

If you add together the UKIP and Tory vote from 2015, it’s enough to take the seat from Labour. That’s why I’m switching from Green to Labour this time.

sbob
    Free Member

Clean up on aisle 2!

kerley and miketually’s whoosh parrots have made a right mess! 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Labour

Wookster

Labour. Probably a wasted vote as it’s prime Tory country here despite the MP being on record insulting his constituents!

scud
    Free Member

Can someone check if Sbob’s taken his medication?

Jamie
    Free Member

Can someone check if Sbob’s taken his medication?

Or get him to take some more on the off chance it causes drowsiness.

Tiresome weak troll is tiresome.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Despite May’s fumbling, I really can’t see the past two weeks really changing many people’s minds as to who they will vote for. Corbyn may have been making some sensible comments, but the thought of him, Abbott and Mcdonnell running the country, will send most sane voters scurrying to the safety of the Tories.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

All those hand-wringers sobbing for dead foxes.

Don’t you care about the little chickens, lambikins and bunny-wunnies?

ahwiles
    Free Member

this is obviously some strange usage of the word ‘safety’ that i was not previously aware of…

kerley
    Free Member

but the thought of him, Abbott and Mcdonnell running the country, will send most sane voters scurrying to the safety of the Tories.

The safety of May, Johnson, Hammond etc,. ? What is it that makes you think they are safer?

sbob
    Free Member

Careful gents, almost looks like you’re not aiming for the ball…

Tiresome weak troll is tiresome

Failing to join in the circle-jerk does not make me a troll, and it’s not my fault certain people didn’t get my obvious point.

Diane would have got it… 😆

kudos100
    Free Member

Usually vote Green, this time Labour.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.