Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 593 total)
  • Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?
  • huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Tactical libdem vote from a labour supporter (hoping to oust the current tory mp)

miketually
    Free Member

If the final polls tomorrow look bad

Where will that poll be published?[/quote]

Well, the final poll will be published on Friday…

If the most recent polls/predictions/analysis show a markedly different direction of travel to the ones of the last week or so, I will put my cross in a different box. As it stands, and knowing the constituency, I think I’m safe to vote Green.

Cougar

Malvern Rider > sorry to read that story mate, that’s properly shit. We’ve had similar experiences, but not quite to the severity of yours yet. Hope things get better for you soon.

Help us out with a smiley here tazzy – Poe’s law and all that

“Poe’s Law” was exactly my thought also.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d rather stick my testicles on a belt linisher and slam whatever was left, repeatedly in a filling cabinet,

Video that yeah?

aracer
    Free Member

Aha – I know which constituency you’re in then – I know his election agent! I’d probably also vote for him if I lived there, using similar reasoning.

craigxxl
    Free Member

She has now lost her physical independence by the age of 50. This was partially due to a cutback NHS, with administrative blunders and ‘kick the ball down the street’ juggling waiting lists. Two years and o treatment in this time.

Sorry for you in your situation but the situation was no better under Blair. My Grandma died whilst been passed from one waiting list to another so they could claim they had reduced waiting lists.
    Myself also under Blair, I had a simply Gall bladder removal operation cocked up, numerous botches later and bumped back to another waiting list to fix a football sized insisional hernia I had to take legal action to get myself seen straight away after I was offered private surgery by the same NHS consultant.
    More recently my Dad died after his cancer had been missed on various checkups and then despite operations it was too far gone and he passed away last month.
    Both my brothers are on DLA and now PIP due to cerebral palsy. They were treated no better by either party. One brother having his DLA stopped under Labour when he was unable to physically do the work at a job he had been sent to. Lots of arguing and upset even though the employer, Leeds City Council had helped fight his case. The other brother, we are now fighting his PIP being stopped even though he is mentally challenged with little coordination but the assessor couldn’t see this.
    I really hope you get the help you need soon for both your wife and yourself as her carer but the NHS is a football for the opposition party to kick and then do nothing whilst in power.

footflaps

…and just up the road, it’s the other way. Could vote either libdem (my usual) or labour, and the tories will still get in.

Which is why they lumped us both together for the Mayor thing, so all the P’boro Tories would drown out the Cambridge Lefties!

jolmes
    Free Member

Quick tally – haven’t counted the unknowns but i may have missed some so forgive me, 4 hours sleep in 2 days.

Labour 40 55%
    Lib D 17 23%
    SNP 9 12%
    Green 4 5%
    Cons 3 4%
    UKIP 0 0%
    73 100%

grumpysculler
    Free Member

why vote tory over SNP?

Because I believe that the only thing more damaging than Brexit would be Scottish independence. Because I believe that the SNP are doing a poor job in Holyrood and Westminster. Because I believe that the ongoing uncertainty about an independence referendum is damaging Scotland. Others disagree.

Both are crap choices. I choose the one I believe to be less crap than the other.

I would vote differently in a PR system (and indeed I do vote differently for Holyrood elections).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hope things get better for you soon.

Thnks chap. Reading back, my answer was somewhat of an emotional outburst. Ah, F it. Am normally the very definition of Mr Stiff Upper Lip , just that sometimes it feels like everything’s playing out of tune at once then you realise fully that the conductors are partying drunk with their heads up their arses.

Back to the poll.

ransos
    Free Member

Sorry for you in your situation but the situation was no better under Blair.

That’s simply not true. Benefits have been cut, waiting lists have gone up. This is a matter of record.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Where I live I don’t get to vote for Tories or Labour. It’s a toss up between some independents, greens or UKIP.

I’ll probably vote green, I don’t much like the Speaker of the House.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I still can’t decide.

As a family we would be measurably better off with Conservative, and ironically we could really benefit from the NHS being privatised.

However the conservatives have done a fantastic job of loosing and unloosable election.

I like some of Laboours priniciples, but it worries me how the hell he is going to pay for it. It has been proven in the past that taking from the rich doesnt work. (and as a family I would suffer from that). Also discouraging people from wanting to earn is damaging too.

So as it stands massive flaws in all sides.

The only thing I do like is that Corbyn has principles and sticks to them.

Still dont know…

miketually
    Free Member

how the hell he is going to pay for it

Magic money tree, isn’t it?

aracer
    Free Member

Personally the first part is probably true for me – though that’s only taking a very narrow perspective, I reckon the country will be rather worse off, and that will affect me personally to a significant enough extent to outweigh that even if I was only voting on a purely selfish basis. How exactly do you benefit from the latter? Shares in BUPA?

darranps
    Free Member

Labour seat is very safe where I am (60% in 2015), otherwise I’d be voting Labour. Will vote Green as I’m most aligned with them, and they could very well come 2nd instead of Conservative (15% vs. 13% in 2015).

piemonster

Zero chance of the Tories getting in here.

So a tactical vote should be used for the SNP but I’ll probably go with a protest vote.

Cougar

I like some of Laboours priniciples, but it worries me how the hell he is going to pay for it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Labour’s manifesto (unlike the Tories) have costings and figures in?

BoardinBob

8 years ago I used to see one homeless person walking from the train station to my officemail

Now there are dozens and I often have to physically step over them in the street and to get into my office. Absolutely heartbreaking to see.

This explosion in homelessness is driven highly by tory policy since 2010.

BoardinBob

and as a family I would suffer from that

I’d wager your level of suffering under labour would be considerably less than folk have suffered under the tories

craigxxl
    Free Member

Thnks chap. Reading back, my answer was somewhat of an emotional outburst. Ah, F it. Am normally the very definition of Mr Stiff Upper Lip , just that sometimes it feels like everything’s playing out of tune at once then you realise fully that the conductors are partying drunk with their heads up their arses.

You are probably already member of groups for your wife but look at the charities too. Scope and as they were previously known Spastics Society have been a great help with my brothers. Giving practical help as well as guiding you on how to fight a case.

poah
    Free Member

grumpysculler – Member

why vote tory over SNP?

Because I believe that the only thing more damaging than Brexit would be Scottish independence. Because I believe that the SNP are doing a poor job in Holyrood and Westminster. Because I believe that the ongoing uncertainty about an independence referendum is damaging Scotland. Others disagree.

Both are crap choices. I choose the one I believe to be less crap than the other.

the referendum for me is irrelevant, you are voting for Westminster not the Scottish parliament. The SNP are doing a better job that previous Scottish government’s even though they have had less money. our NHS is better, our police numbers are better, our schools are getting better, we have free education, free prescriptions, free hospital parking, more green energy than ever before. The tories have introduced the bedroom tax, taken money away from families, the disabled, have **** the NHS in England, reduced police numbers, want to reduce our civil liberties caused more student debt, want to take your inheritance away. The cuts to the NHS downsouth by the tories affect us up here as we get less overall money even though the SNP keep the NHS well funded. All the other parties are Westminster controlled, you only have to look at Ruth Davidson’s complete U-turn on brexit after the vote to see that.

I worry for the country (the UK) with the tories in power, if you think the US is **** with trump lol

Northwind

Oh yeah,

BoardinBob – Member

You’ve lost me

Labour would prefer that the Tories win enough seats to form parliament via a majority because the SNP lost seats to the Tories?

Not exactly, it’s just the situation they’ve created through incompetence. Enemy of my enemy is supposed to be my friend. But for Slab, the enemy of their enemy is competition. Their voters have mostly gone to to the SNP so they’ve made it their goal to attack them. As a tactical move, it’s a bit like if Britain had declared war on the Allied nations in 1939, so that they could be the sole opposition to the Axis.

So bloody useless Dugdale has run this campaign almost entirely on opposing independence, while not being in a strong enough position to take seats back from the SNP- “It’s essential that this happens but we can’t do it”. And the Tories have been able to say “Labour are right, you have to stop the SNP, but they can’t do it. So if you’re a Labour voter and you want to stop the SNP, vote for us.” It is excruciating to watch.

Arguably, it was less stupid when they were looking at a 150 seat majority- 10 Tory seats in Scotland would have been a drop in the bucket and it could have served a longer goal of rebuilding the party (I don’t think that was ever going to work, but that apparently was the idea. Me, I think they should be coming up with some reasons to vote for them, but that’s oldfashioned)

But, this is a country where the unionist parties all ran their council election campaigns based on opposing independence, so we’re pretty much through the looking glass.

miketually
    Free Member

and as a family I would suffer from that

I’d wager your level of suffering under labour would be considerably less than folk have suffered under the tories[/quote]

There are certainly levels of suffering. People who ‘suffer’ under a Labour government might have to miss out on a skiing holiday every other year. People who suffer under a Tory government might starve to death.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Labour’s manifesto (unlike the Tories) have costings and figures in?

Didn’t the IFS dismantle both main parties manifesto’s?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Lib Dem to hopefully throw out our useless Tory.

Shackleton

Dundee West so thought to be a safe seat here for SNP given IndyRef yes and Brexit remain votes.

LibDem member (and voter if PR existed) but debating Labour now to try and get SNP out (although the sitting SNP MP seems to be a decent, if very party line, bloke).

Would like to vote Green but until they start evidence based policy making and believing in science it is a big fat no from me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Which is why they lumped us both together for the Mayor thing, so all the P’boro Tories would drown out the Cambridge Lefties!

Yeah. That was a well executed plan.

MoreCashThanDash

While the current increase in homelessness appears to be due to the Tories, Blair/Brown had 13 years to address social housing requirements, and introduced Local Housing Allowance against all the advice from those of us in the field who warned it would leave vulnerable tenants at risk and drive up private rents.

I’m no fan of the Tories any more, but New Labour were as bad, current Labour look shakey, so I’m left with a choice of Ukip or Lib Dem. So I’ll vote Lib Dem again, because I’m capable of realising that they aren’t the only party to have broken a manifesto pledge.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

|I’m still undecided. I would vote for SNP however I’m wanting that horrible bunch of self serving chancers out of Westminser. As much as I dislike Scottish Labour, I might vote for them.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How exactly do you benefit from the latter?

My wife is just completing surgical training. Changes are already being made in the NHS that mean consultants of the future will not be as well qualified as current ones.

So when its all privatised consultants will be able to get in there with the Private sector and reap the reward.

It does, by taxing the rich. However this has been proven not to work, as the rich either leave, or find ways to pay less tax / stop working as why would you work hard for it to be all taken off you.

If he had said 1p on everyone then that would have worked, but of course no one would vote for that….

allthegear
    Free Member

Lifelong Green voter, supporter, member and local election candidate.

So I voted Labour

Rachel

BoardinBob

|I’m still undecided. I would vote for SNP however I’m wanting that horrible bunch of self serving chancers out of Westminser. As much as I dislike Scottish Labour, I might vote for them

100% my thinking

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m voting labour, I’ve primarily voted lib dem in the past, and am naturally a liberal, but last election the tory candidate only won by 27 votes. Also Farron has put me off lib dems significantly. I really dislike his ‘legalise cannibis’ plan, not only does it smack of desperate vote seeking, I know a lot of people adversely affected by cannibis in the long term.

colournoise

Can’t see any way of ousting the Tories in our constituency, but for the second election running I’ll be voting Labour. If we had PR it would be LibDem.

Jamie. Don’t despair. Tory margin just over the border in P-town is less than 2000 IIRC.

BoardinBob

Heartening to see the labour support/desire to oust the tories but if we remember back to the brexit vote, the opinion on here was overwhelmingly remain and we know how that ended up. Statistically we’re a generally lefty tree hugging hippy group on here so our combined view is heavily skewed unfortunately 😥

teethgrinder

I can’t understand how anyone could vote Tory without being selfish (unless they’re rich, obviously). There appears to be nothing they propose which is good for anyone other than vested interests like media barons, private health providers etc.

Labour, because:
    The current Labour Party is totally different to the New Labour which took us to war and left us with the situation we are in now
    and
    even if it was a tactical vote, they are the next biggest party in Hexham.

Not holding my breath, as even if the Tory Party put a blue rosette on a slightly different pile of chod than Guy Opperman, the’d still win.

wl
    Free Member

Labour, tactically, with a little hesitation. I’d rather eat sh*t than vote Conservative.

slowoldman

LibDem. Partly because they are the only party likely to defeat the Tories (this was a LibDem seat for some time prior to the coalition debacle) but mainly because that’s who I would vote for anyway.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think labout says they will raise about 6.5bn from taxing the rich.

I cant remember the source, but I think it was the office for national statistics said it would actually be nearer 1.5bn

Anyhow will all know Manifesto’s are a crock of shi

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.