Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Purely Pets Pet insurance… just don't…
  • cardo

If you are thinking of an insurance company I’d steer well clear of this one…

Just utter utter incompetent twonks…. I’ve not been this angry since i got divorced… they genuinely, behind all the smiles and poor ladies and gents on the service desks, give a stuff about you or your pet….

Messed about ,lost paperwork, led a merry dance to maybe get a review in 20 days, massive lead times to even assess your claim, any excuse under the sun to refuse a claim and dismissed without a care for the average hard working man/woman it makes your blood boil… take your money and either burn it or pop it in a saving account for when your pet needs it….

rant over

ferret
    Free Member

“they genuinely, behind all the smiles and poor ladies and gents on the service desks, give a stuff about you or your pet….”

nice to know there are some that care in the world…

mikey74
    Free Member

I assume you mean “don’t give a stuff…

If you have a genuine grievance, report them to the ombudsman.

cardo

Ahh yes angry typist alert… I was fuming last night. They DON’T give a stuff about you or your pet.. Guess what? to complain to the Ombudsman you have to go through Purely Pets initially I wonder how quickly that would end up in the “No sorry never received that” pile.

devash
    Free Member

I wonder how quickly that would end up in the “No sorry never received that” pile.

A common tactic with shady financial services providers.

Put everything in writing, sent by recorded mail. Keep copies of all the delivery confirmations (Royal Mail do this online now so you can just print off the signatures of the people who signed by it).

Name and shame on social media. Hit up their Facebook page and Twitter account with your complaint. Keep it civil though.

Write to the MD / Directors, again, recorded delivery. They hate being bothered this way and will often pass it on to their executive complaints team just to get you out of their hair.

These things take a long time though. Good luck and don’t give in until you are satisfied with the conclusion.

martinhutch

Letter, recorded delivery to them, assuming no response will be forthcoming, then off to the ombudsman when the necessary time has passed.

With a bit of luck at this point in the year it will be a chargeable case and, facing a £500 bill for starters, they may be a bit more helpful.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, whatever you do, don’t see gn up with Animal Friends Insurance….cos they are a bunch of charlatans!

I’m now thinking of signing up for accident only insurance at around a £5 per month.

CheesybeanZ

Pet Plan , 30 ish years and several claims – a couple of quite large ones and they’ve been great with us and our vets .

Yak

fwiw – I’ve had a good service from Tesco’s pet insurance. Paid up very quickly with no quibbles when my cat needed £3k of surgery.

maccyb
    Free Member

fwiw – I’ve had a good service from Tesco’s pet insurance. Paid up very quickly with no kibbles when my cat needed £3k of surgery.

FTFY

franksinatra

Pal of mine is a vet and he said Pet Plan is the only insurance company he has dealt with professionally that he would use personally. (Obviously he doesn’t actually need to use them but you know what I mean)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

likewise. My wife is a vet and she insists it’s PetPlan or nothing. In her experience they’re the only ones who cover long term illness for the life of the animal, rather than dropping you at the next renewal.

Sundayjumper

We were with Purely Pets here. When we put in a claim they dragged and dragged and dragged their heels. It was only when I cc’d their complaints department on a fairly stroppy email asking why they still hadn’t assessed my claim after two months, and gave them a deadline, that things suddenly all happened quite quickly.

Their assessment of the claim was actually quite fair in the end, and highlighted that the vet had overcharged us in the first place !

russianbob
    Free Member

We have our hound insured through NFU. Yet to test them. But good rep and considerably less expensive than Petplan.

andybrad

The wifi is a rvn. Shes not allowed to recommend anyone.

I however can and go with petplan. Some of the stories you hear are horrible for both the owners and pets.

chakaping
    Free Member

The wifi is a rvn. Shes not allowed to recommend anyone.

She’s obviously managed to send a signal though, eh?

I’m here all week, don’t forget your tickets for the raffle etc.

riddoch

Petplan here too, any claim paid out in weeks no quibbles.
    Not the cheapest by a long shot but in turn means they aren’t driven to ignore your claim.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Petplan are excellent but expensive.

For our Tesco Value kind of mongrel, we got Tesco Value pet insurance. And they were really very good with a £3k surgery + medication claim that went on over about 6 months. Only downside we found, they suddenly get pricey when muttley gets over 10 years old.

dannyh
    Free Member

Pet insurance doesn’t have a great reputation full-stop. For us, the hurdles you have to clear before you get any money out of them make it prohibitive – knowing that a lot of providers have a pretty poor reputation also puts us off.

My brother in law is very good at complaining until he gets proper redress (I am one of the lazy idiots who make it easy for companies to get away with this stuff as I value my free time too highly to do most of this stuff). He gets good results by tweeting the CEO of the organisation – the immediate publicity seems to kick them into action rather than a letter that no one else gets to see before it is conveniently ‘lost’. Of course, the CEO just punts it down to the complaints department, but you are more likely to get sorted sooner as a result.

steve-g
    Free Member

I think ours is Animal Friends but I may be mistaken. We didn’t claim in the end as the treatment came to less than the excess, but our vet did not expect us to pay and then claim it back, they just wanted the insurance details and they would bill them directly for the work. Is that not how it usually works?

Sundayjumper

FWIW we were with MoreThan for a long time with our cats (now both gone) and they were always good. Seemed pricey for the dogs though, hence experimenting with PurelyPets.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A few weeks back she was 18. Her predecessor lived to 17, her offspring id over 16 and HER offspring is 14. 2 cats lived to 18 and 16. Pet Plan have been brilliant.

CheesybeanZ

chestrockwell

Another vote for Petplan being ace but very expensive. We had a policy for the cat with them and when it got bashed all we had to do was sign a form and the vet/PP did the rest. Couldn’t justify the 3x price when it came to renew last time though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Purely Pets Pet insurance… just don't…’ is closed to new replies.