• This topic has 91 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • punishment for adultery??
  • hora
    Free Member

Mind you 30yrs on….the bestman is probably doing him a favour..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Calm down ernie

It’s easy for you to say that. I’ve just been told that my wife has been having an affair with MY BEST MAN for the last 30 years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I could **** someone elses missus if I didnt know him- if I know someone, no way.

Quick everyone introduce yourself to Hora you know what a libidinous love God he is it is the only way to ensure he doesn’t score with your missus

Worried ………….you should be

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

sorry but i hope i dont offend anyone, i would have done more than throwing her down the stairs and stabbing her. If my feelings had been played with for thirty years, i’d torture both of them together.

hora
    Free Member

i’d torture both of them together.

Or ask to watch them both together? 8) 😈

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Or ask to watch them both together?

I think that would cut you up even more.

peakmonster
    Free Member

Bring back stoning 😛

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t know if any of us could actually say with any kind of accuracy what we would do in those circumstances. We might be angry and want to kill, we might be so stunned we feel completely empty and unable to operate as a human being.

It really is the ultimate insult one person could ever pay another. I couldn’t treat anyone, in any capacity, with that level of contempt.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Bring back stoning

it would actually make people think twice about committing adultery and hurting their partners feelings, then making them react in an unprovoked manner. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we might be so stunned we feel completely empty and unable to operate

Someone slap me, so that I come to my senses and KILL HER.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Happened to me with my first wife – she’d been sha**ing my best man (and prior to this best mate)for a couple of years, due to the fact that ‘she suspected I’d been seeing someone else’.
    Wish I had been, to be honest. No, I didnt hit her when I found out – you dont stop loving someone that quickly, but I did leather him.
    End result ? 10 years of forking out more than I could afford to the CSA, becoming a ‘weekend dad’, one fairly vigorous suicide attempt and a couple of years self loathing.
    Know what? I still think the guy that pushed his missus down the stairs, etc, was wrong

stilltortoise
    Free Member

sounds rotten barnsleymitch – I really don’t know how I would feel – and I’d understand if you don’t want to answer, but do you think it would have been 15 times worse if you found out it was over 30 years?

GW
    Free Member

What a lunatic – surely stabbing her before pushing her down the stairs would have far been easier 😕

G
    Free Member

Smacking yer bird about is never acceptable behaviour under any circumstances, if she has a go at you physically its fair enough to defend yourself, but that apart no way.

Much better to take revenge cold. I particularly liked the one where the cuckolded husband had Christmas cards printed with a picture of his Mrs taking part in a sexual practice rather frowned upon in polite circles and sent them to all of her family and friends. I suspect that the aftermath of that may have far outlasted any temporary pain from a kicking.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Or my friend’s aunt who found out and announced it lovingly in the paper (full page spread) then got lots of manure delievered to his driveway and signposted it with “shite stops here” … genuis IMO!!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Smacking yer bird about is never acceptable behaviour under any circumstances, if she has a go at you physically its fair enough to defend yourself, but that apart no way.

Comments like this always strike me as very gallant, but I’m unconvinced. I’m not a violent person, I’ve never been in a fight in my life and I avoid (physical) conflict at all times. I do think though that we all have a point at which we will snap and justify our violent actions. Maybe this is for another post (on another site!) and it wouldn’t really make pleasant reading, so I’ll leave it as purely hypothetical…

D0NK

Smacking yer bird about is never acceptable

What bothers me about that line is that it’s normally spoken by some neanderthol who would smack a bloke for even thinking about spilling his pint. (not saying you are like that G) I remember in a pub in wales, my GF sat down behind me while I was lining up a pool shot, I ended up hitting her in the eye with the cue. Complete accident but some of the looks I was getting from the locals I was worried about making it out of the pub in one piece.

Back on topic no she shouldn’t be punished by law but I think “who cheated on who” should be brought back in to the divorce stuff. Marriage is a contract, if someone defaults on it they should get nowt.

G
    Free Member

I’ve posted my views on violence on another thread. (walk softly but carry a big stick basically). i.e. I have no issue at all about defending myself, but I never actually look for trouble so to speak.

Frankly I am absolutely amazed by what is being posted on this thread. 30 years with the best man or 5 minutes pissed at the office party, whats the difference? Its a bit like claiming to be a bit pregnant, you are either unfaithful or you’re not. Once you’ve accepted that principle its only a question of degree before under that premise you are whipping some kid because she walked out of the door without her husband. I’m quite sure most people on here would not tolerate the “Sharia Law” type of attitude to women that seems to be prevalent with the Taleban. So frankly there is no acceptable excuse for it here.

As far a Neanderthal goes, then if not wanting to hit anyone but prepared to stand my ground makes me so, then so be it. Neanderthal is what I am, and proud of it.

D0NK

As I said G i wasn’t referring to you but people who I’ve heard say it before.

I think there is a big difference between a 30yr affair and a 1 night stand (note thats a singular 1 night stand not 30 years of consecutive 1 night stands) a 1 night stand in most cases I’d guess is a short period of idiocy normally with alcohol involved (certainly not an excuse but I’d say it was a factor), 30yr affair is cold calculated deciept on a large scale over a long period of time. Both are bad, both are classed as infidelity but one (IMO) is much worse.

G
    Free Member

Donk, I’m sorry I disagree with you. You are either faithful to your partner or you are not, there is no middle ground in the context you are citing.

DaRC_L

There’s a confusion of emotional, moral and legal arguments here.

Emotional = Yes it’s awful that the (potentially decent) man has been deceived by his wife and best mate for most of his life.
    He has every right to be very angry (unless he’s a mysoginistic stella drinker).
    She’s a female dog (unless he’s a mysoginistic stella drinker).

Moral = she done bad and (if following an Abrahamic religion) will burn in hell for eternity.

Legal = adultery is not criminal (nor should it be) and will be sorted in the divorce courts. Without beating her he’d have a stronger case.

Can the fundamental religious zealots step away from the criminal law….

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ok, didn’t read the whole thread, but what strikes me is that after finding out his wife of 30 years has been shagging someone else for those 30 years, raising the question of his kids, and flips (which i might well have done, and gets 4 or 5 years
    BUT
    get pi55ed up, drive a car and kill a cyclist = how much jail time?

jamesca
    Free Member

“Bring back stoning”

your right i’d find a joint useful in such situations

zaskar
    Free Member

I think adultery should be a divorce factor and not illegal.

But if I was married I would want to be able to kick her out!

I think he needs anger managment as he tried to kill her.

He should have kicked her out and get all the money out of the account assuming he was not malicious in the marriage in the first place.

Of course it’s easy to get someone elses wife-but I have decent values.

hora
    Free Member

Imagine we owned guns and lived in America..

Junkyard
    Free Member

DONK is correct I imagine many of us could [possibly]forgive a one night stand drunk or otheriwse I dont think many people could forgive a 30 year affair with your best mate.
    Both are infidelity but one is a one off mistake/out of charachter/moment of weakness ect the other is cold calculated and has made your entire marriage a sham.
    G I am surprised you cannot see any difference between the two.

hora
    Free Member

Yep- stirring custard for 30yrs. Imagine the ‘ho likes her man to go down on her as well…..an especially nasty way at getting your husband back after a bad arguement? 😕

The mind boggles. 😐

G
    Free Member

You are either faithful to your partner or you are not, there is no middle ground in the context you are citing.

I just don’t think that either is an excuse for an assault. I find it extremely alarming that almost without exception people on here apparently do find it excusable to beat and stab a woman. The point I was making and still am is where then do you draw the line?

hora
    Free Member

The point I was making and still am is where then do you draw the line?

How can anyone say either way if you’ve never been in that situation?
    Its one of those things that would utterly flip your whole life onto its head. Rational thought will be flooded with a cascade of emotions

G
    Free Member

Maybe, but its still not acceptable to batter the snot out of someone and stab them, just because you’ve lost the plot. The point I return to is where do you draw the line??? Shes been shagging the best man for 30 years, Ok so what if its only been 5 years? Acceptable or no? Then how about just the once at a party? Thats alright then is it?

BlingBling
    Free Member

Imagine we owned guns and lived in America..

Imagine he owned a set of bombers!! 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It becomes no more acceptable, but certainly more understandable if the deceit has been going on for much longer.

IMO

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

30 years with the best man or 5 minutes pissed at the office party, whats the difference?

I wanted to say something about that comment, but find that I can’t think of anything to say.

Am I suppose to laugh, mock, or congratulate the poster on an excellent/p*ss-poor bit of trolling ?

Someone help me ……..

G
    Free Member

Someone help me ……..

I reckon you are past it ernie, but I’ll do my best.

The point is that the thread is about punishing a woman for adultery. All I am saying is firstly, that I don’t agree with that premise, and secondly, what makes it acceptable “to beat up your woman?”

In my eyes its never acceptable, because once you cross the rubicon you are on a short and slippery ride to where the Taleban are. Simple really.

PS: Trolling is posting with the intent to extract an emotional response, if anyone is trolling its you lot going on about how its OK to bash up yer bird.

D0NK

Woah G, chill out man, I in NO WAY said it was ok to stab and throw the woman down the stairs.Neither of the examples I mentioned deserves physical violence (what does?) I just said IMO one was worse than the other

Neither did I refute the “don’t hit women” comment I just said most of the people I had heard say it have screwed up values i.e. they find physical violence an everyday occurence and think it’s only out of order if a woman is on the receiving end.

I said the only punishment for adultery should be in the divorce outcome

hora
    Free Member

Imagine he owned a set of bombers!!

FACK 😮

Err if you lose the plot you lose the plot. Most murders don’t come with a SWOT analysis and business plan.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon you are past it ernie, but I’ll do my best.

But you didn’t even attempt to explain how ‘5 minutes pissed at the office party’
    was no different to ’30 years with the best man’ 😕

Mind, I don’t blame you…………..we all talk bollox sometimes.

G
    Free Member

Its a bit like claiming to be a bit pregnant, you are either unfaithful or you’re not. Once you’ve accepted that principle its only a question of degree before under that premise you are whipping some kid because she walked out of the door without her husband.

Can you not get that simple point ernie? Either she has been unfaithful or she hasn’t. So where do you draw the line?????

On the talking bollox front, see if you can think of a well known saying with the words pot, kettle and black in it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Either she has been unfaithful or she hasn’t.

I have this thing called “degrees” G.

Where do I draw the line ? I’ll tell you, I draw the line by saying that ‘5 minutes pissed at the office party’ isn’t the same as ’30 years with the best man’. There, done – won’t mention it again.

see if you can think of a well known saying with the words pot, kettle and black in it.

Yes I can – how is that helpful ? I’ve already said, “we all talk bollox sometimes”. But I don’t think that I’ve got a monopoly on the activity.

Specially whilst I’m facing a strong challenge from you.

G
    Free Member

Ok so the next step then is are you then saying that its OK to batter the snot out of the woman and stab her after 30 years with the best man?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘punishment for adultery??’ is closed to new replies.