Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 351 total)
  • Public Sector Strike 30/11
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Umm, ar day know if the mon on the bonk with a bostin ommer am on the box or if he has gone to Brumijum with his oss and babby along the cut.

WTF..?

Sorry sorry sorry; can you speak English please?

Jeeze. 🙄

Bloody foreigners; come over ear….

bruneep

least you get paid extra for unsociable hrs 😐

Drac

Its around the 6 or 7 post mark that someone usually posts a pic of the “Anal Intruder”, or some other female love toy.

Least your pension is being left alone. 😉

bruneep

Least your pension is being left alone

You jest do you not!

Drac

Ah sorry. Not being messed with, again, just yet?

To be fair we won the unsociable hours because the Unions fought for it during the implementation of agenda for change. Sadly for you the FBU really did no one any favours at all during your dispute, it was badly handled and feel as I’ve said before you guys were lead a merry dance by the FBU.

bruneep

indeed

last chance saloon for them this time me thinks.

Drac

Yeah just read some info on the FBU site, I’m puzzled why they’re standing out on the own and not striking with the pretty much the rest of the PS Unions.

crikey
    Free Member

I know a couple of Firemen, and I’m sure it’s because women bloody love them, it’s like a non-taxable benefit. They only have to show up in those bloody yellow helmets and knicker elastic fails like a Superstar bottom bracket…..

bruneep

apparently “we are in meaningful discussions with ministers.”

v8ninety

To be fair we won the unsociable hours because the Unions fought for it during the implementation of agenda for change.

Or, snuck under the radar when most of the attention was on nurses and other hospital staff who have always recieved enhancements, and no one within the NHS employers had actually twigged that we didn’t already get unsociable hours…

Either way, brill.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Have been avoiding this thread expecting the usual rant, but …

“… knicker elastic fails like a Superstar bottom bracket….. “

has got me spluttering over my keyboard 🙂

Thanks!

PS – yes, will be on strike; no, am not a workshy fop; yes, am sick of being told we can ‘do more with less’ as we get overworked into the ground due to lack of staff …

Drac

Or, snuck under the radar when most of the attention was on nurses and other hospital staff who have always recieved enhancements, and no one within the NHS employers had actually twigged that we didn’t already get unsociable hours..

Our trust was the early implementor for the ambulance trusts, the unions pushed for us to have that right that as you rightly point out Nurses and others already had. We also gained the increased holiday entitlement for longer service.

crikey
    Free Member

🙂

I should say that I have no problem with Superstar bottom brackets, or Firemen, really, having little direct physical experience of either.

crikey
    Free Member

..and the original Agenda For Change proposal was to eliminate ‘extra duty’ payments for nurses, until it was pointed out to the muppets that it would be quite difficult to get people to work nights, weekends, bank holidays, public holidays and so on if you didn’t actually offer to pay people more to do so. Astonishingly….

Lifer
    Free Member

Last couple of pages have been great FACT.

Drac

It did Crikey but as you say they released what would happen and those terrible Trade Unions got it back for us, nasty people that they are.

mcboo
    Free Member

Well, certainly sounds like the strike will be going ahead, I’ve said it before, it’s your right to do so. I don’t pick up on this thread that there is any great expectation of it actually altering government policy. Labour are making noises about it being the governments fault for “provoking” the unions but aren’t claiming they wouldn’t be reforming public sector pensions.

So what happens the day after?

althepal

Everything goes back to the way it was on the 29th?

binners

The unions handily scuppered the labour party in advance, by using their block vote to force ‘their’ candidate, completely undemocratically, on the party. So now ‘Red Ed’ can’t say boo about the strikes without being monstered by the right wing press as a union stooge

Plus, the obvious fact, that Ed Milliband is the most comically ineffective, utterly unelectable, spluttering, half-wit in the entire country. Every time I see my daughter reading this book:

I think of him. A tub of blancmange would be more effective as ‘the Leader of the opposition’! It’d have more backbone anyway. Frankly, its embarrassing watching him trip over his own tongue through PMQ’s. Call-me-Dave must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when that muppet was forced on the labour party

IanMunro
    Free Member

Even Gromit’s embarrassed.

Lifer
    Free Member

And yet Labour still lead in the polls.

There have been some good performances from Milliband in PMQs will post some up later (no sound on this computer).

binners

And yet Labour still lead in the polls.

I should bloody well hope so too!!! We’ve got a government that has no electoral mandate behaving like it won with a landslide. Its implementing draconian policies that never appeared in any manifesto. Privatisation of the NHS anyone? Leaving the banks to business as usual. Absolute devastation of public services? and on, and on, and on…..

And yet the labour party flails around, polling about the same as them. Being led by the work experience boy who’s, by some bizarre clerical error, presently pretending to be leader. Its pathetic!!! And makes a total sham of this whole ‘democracy’ lark

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Freeundred. 😐

Won’t be free if the Tories get their way though.

Sigh….

v8ninety

It’s sad that we judge our politicians by their personality traits and looks rather than there actual beliefs, competency, and intelligence.

I’m sure I’m as guilty as the next bloke, just saying.

binners

Thats not the reason I think he’s pathetic. He appointed Ed Balls as Chancellor. A man who is associated absolutely with the biggest economic shambles in this countries history. Gordons right hand man as he ran the economy into the rocks

And now we’re expected to take them seriously on the singular most pressing issue by a country mile – the economy. Get a grip!

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s sad that we judge our politicians by their personality traits and looks rather than there actual beliefs, competency, and intelligence.

Yup you’re quite right. I guess it’s just one of the downsides of having so much media now.

Lifer
    Free Member

🙄

franksinatra

Public Sector working here, not in the union so won’t be striking

I have not read the whole thread so excuse me if this is repeated.

I always thought strike was option of last resort, why therefore has there been no evidence of work to rule etc?

I looked at the turnout figures for Unison, 30%!!! By my sums, that means that only 22% of their members actually bothered to vote for a strike. Not much of a mandate is it?

That is all, must go off to more work spending the public pound!

Lifer
    Free Member

Not much of a mandate is it?

If people were opposed to the strike they’d come out and vote no, so actually it’s a ringing endorsement.

Scamper
    Free Member

Staggering Ed Balls is shadow chancellor. A big hitter under Gordon, who was so unpopular at the last election, he only just about held onto his safe seat?

bruneep

Elfinsafety – Member

Freeundred.

Won’t be free if the Tories get their way though.

Sigh….

FFS take the dug oot and this happens Grrr

<kicks the dugs erse>

Lifer
    Free Member

A big hitter under Gordon, who was so unpopular at the last election, he only just about held onto his safe seat?

Bit of a misrepresentation.

mcboo
    Free Member

Lifer, have a read of Hopi Sen, (Labour blogger, nominated for the Orwell Prize for Journalism last year) he’s always worth reading. I’d suggest that the public have not bought the Miliband brand, Labour might be a few points ahead in the polls but EMili is not percieved as Prime Minister material. And until Labour admit they shouldnt have run up a structural deficit going into a slow-down the public will not trust them on the economy. Anyway….Hopi Sen (thats really his name)

I would argue that the crucial barrier for Labour today is doubt over whether we would handle the economy competently, with a special focus on how we would reduce deficits over time.

I see this in the amazing consistency in the public view on deficit reduction (necessary, yet being done wrongly) and in the way people assent to our basic policy position, but reject Labour as a means for delivering that position.

This all combines with doubt over the capability, not just of our leadership, but of really the whole approach of the party, to fundamental economic questions.

In other words, we have become toxic on a crucial area of political support, and while that situation holds, no amount of correct mood reading will alter our basic political position.

For me, this is the best argument to explain why, despite being on the side of seventy per cent of the public on a whole range of issues, from phone hacking to energy prices to the need for growth, Labour and Ed Miliband have barely improved our position at all over the last year.

http://hopisen.com/2011/the-public-mood/

ransos
    Free Member

The unions handily scuppered the labour party in advance, by using their block vote to force ‘their’ candidate, completely undemocratically, on the party. So now ‘Red Ed’ can’t say boo about the strikes without being monstered by the right wing press as a union stooge

I think it’s more the case that he doesn’t know what he believes in. He’s certainly unable to articulate it.

jonba
    Free Member

If people were opposed to the strike they’d come out and vote no, so actually it’s a ringing endorsement.

Typical lazy public sector workers, can’t even be bothered to vote 😉

miketually
    Free Member

I didn’t vote in the NUT ballot. At the time, I could see both sides of the for/against striking argument. But, I fully supported the result and I took part in the action, as I will next week.

If the NUT had balloted again, at the same time as the NASUWT vote, I’d have voted for strike action.

binners

I think it’s more the case that he doesn’t know what he believes in. He’s certainly unable to articulate it.

Its worse than that. He’s set up christ knows how many focus groups and policy reviews to tell him what he’s supposed to think. Maybe? Possibly? Are you sure? Shall we get a second opinion? Its tragic!

I think this is the ultimate Blairite legacy. Because they were all TOLD by Alastair Campbell exactly what to say and think, there’s no-one left in the labour party who is actually capable of independent thought. They’re like children. Or sheep. They wouldn’t know an ideology if it gave them a wedgie!

Lifer
    Free Member

Steve Hilton.

WIN!

Woody
    Free Member

Union position with my lot finally clarified.

A+B calls only ie. serious/life-threatening requiring ‘blue light’ response, with exceptions for renal, oncology and palliative care patients.

Lifer
    Free Member

Sorry McBoo just saw your link. Have read the occasional article by Sen but will check out a bit more of his stuff, ta.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 351 total)

The topic ‘Public Sector Strike 30/11’ is closed to new replies.