• This topic has 2,539 replies, 453 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,540 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • captaintomo
    Free Member

Jim might end up getting a £200 A3 poster of a Merida bike

bikesandboots

Did poor Jim find this scam via here?

The last month or two, I’ve seen there are posters here with very limited skills when it comes to understanding how the web works and how to keep safe. So perhaps caution is needed over posting things as “obvious” scams as jokes.

bikerevivesheffield

I sent it to him as a laugh 😂

whyterider93
    Free Member

Plot twist if Jim gets the bike and we are all sat here kicking ourselves that we didn’t go for it too.

Likelihood 1/10

frogstomp

30% off everything at Uberbike Components right now.

bikerevivesheffield

I’ve offered him a grand for it if it turns up

davros

Those odds are a bit generous. I’d say 0/10

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve never understood with these “clone site” type scans why they set the price so low, making the scam obvious – if they put more content on that site and higher prices, they’d surely get more takers? Always seems with most financial fraud that going to all that trouble but still only doing half a job is surely counter-productive? But then again, Jim went for it! 😬

charlie.farley

“if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is”

Tom83

frogstomp

30% off everything at Uberbike Components right now

Having been out of the loop for a while, are uberbike anything to do with superstar components?

submarined
    Free Member

Nope!

chakaping

Having been out of the loop for a while, are uberbike anything to do with superstar components?

Only that they jumped on the same business model.

Bake pads are supposed to be OK, but I found the chainrings too soft (lasted less than half what I get from Superstar rings). That was about six years ago though.

a11y

Bake pads are supposed to be OK

Yes and no. I’ve found Uberbike Race Matrix pads to be superb. However, their standard semi-sintered ones work almost as well but wear rate was ridiculous. Lasted just over a day of dry riding in the Alps whereas Race Matrix lasted a whole week and more.

I’m probably weird though as I utterly dislike Shimano sintered/metal pads.

joebristol

Jim needs to speak to his bank asap and tell them he thinks he’s been scammed. If he paid via Apple Pay the scammer won’t have his card details but his bank will probably cancel the card he used anyway just to be sure. Should get the money back.

dyna-ti

Crud XL £20 with free delivery from Hopkinson Cycles. Mine turned up within 48 hours.

Im sorry, im calling this one out. 2 quid off is not PSA worthy.  £300-350 off a fox factory 36/38 or ultimate – absolutely.

2 bucks off a mudguard, meh.

ogden
    Free Member

Im sorry, im calling this one out. 2 quid off is not PSA worthy. £300-350 off a fox factory 36/38 or ultimate – absolutely.

@dyna-ti
    I’m calling you out! The thread is literally called “PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread”. Your example would justify its own thread.

10% off and free delivery is hardly bad if you are after one, especially give most places seem to be bumping free delivery to over £50.

Speshpaul

Isn’t anyone going to call him out for saying “2 bucks”

ajantom

Im sorry, im calling this one out. 2 quid off is not PSA worthy.  £300-350 off a fox factory 36/38 or ultimate – absolutely.

2 bucks off a mudguard, meh.

Sorry to have offended your sensibilities :lol:

The RRP on these is £35 (at the Crud website) various retailers have it for £25 ish, but this is definitely the cheapest + free postage.

No one’s forcing you to buy it :roll:

johnnystorm

@velocipede
    The explanation I’ve heard is that you make your scam preposterous so that you filter out anyone with half a brain in the first instance. Otherwise there is the risk they carry out due dilligence before you complete the scam.

genecheeseman
    Free Member

Cheers, just ordered one of those crud catcher mudguards.

Usually run rrp mudguards, but they aren’t a great fit on the new vitus bargain bike, with marzocchi bomber z2’s.

Decided to just give goggles another go at bike park wales the other week- after all, those z2’s look pretty damn fine without a mudguard.

It was wet, gritty and i couldn’t see a thing through them.  The goggles now look like I was cleaning them with sandpaper.

Haven’t been able to find a suitable mudguard online, as the fork bridge is an awkward ‘M’ shape.

These look like they will fit fine… even if they do look a bit odd.

Del

meh. they rattle and don’t effectively protect your fork stanchions.

ajantom

meh. they rattle and don’t effectively protect your fork stanchions.

Not a fan Del?
    I don’t find mine rattles any more than other mudguards. It does flex a bit due to the design, but it doesn’t hit the tyre.
    Agreed they don’t protect the stanchions but I haven’t noticed any issues with excessive stanchion wear since using it.

dc1988

Yeah, stanchions don’t need additional protection. The Crudcatcher XL provides better coverage than most other front mudguards, it’s not quite as low key but works better and is very easy to quickly remove.

chakaping

Rubber mastic tape under the zip tie positions 👍

Del

very easy to quickly remove.

does at least have that going for it. i’d rather have a guard that offered more/some protection to stanchions than basically none. there’s a pair of scratched 36s in my garage i’m pretty confident wouldn’t have happened if the bike they’d been fitted to was running an XL RRP rather than the crudcatcher. YMMV. even at the moderate pace i ride at it bangs like a shitehouse door in a gale which i could put up with, kinda, until the stanchion thing. then it quickly came off. oh. ;)

jamesoz

I want to like the Crudcatcher XL and it does fit my reverse arch forks and does work very well , but I keep snapping them. The plastic seems way more brittle than the RRP I have.

That said I’ll probably order another….

Onzadog
    Free Member

OneUp have just dropped 21% off lots of stuff. Just picked up some bars and an EDC tool.

Valentines Day Sale

Apparently Upto 40% off but I didn’t see what was getting the 40%

ogden
    Free Member

PNW components also have 25% off site wide and if anything is already reduced more than that use code 15burritos and it will get a further 15% off e.g. Range gen 3 bar for £29.75

Shop All

RANGE HANDLEBAR GEN 3

frogstomp

Eurohike survival blanket to stick in the bottom of your pack and forget about – £2.55 inc p&p

alan1977
    Free Member

mtbriders.co.uk also seem to have the pnw stuff on sale

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sportspursuit have FOX, POC and Castelli up to 70% off https://www.sportpursuit.com/

winston
    Free Member

This looks like a stone cold bargain to me, a steel gravel bike with GRX, hydraulic brakes and carbon forks, bosses galore in a useful size…..for £700

Be quick only one left!

https://www.blacks.co.uk/16185398/jamis-renegade-s3-road-bike-16185398

Tom83

ogden

Free Member

PNW components also have 25% off site wide and if anything is already reduced more than that use code 15burritos and it will get a further 15% off e.g. Range gen 3 bar for £29.

Thanks for that, just ordered a bar and stem for my pace frame that I’m slowly gathering parts for!

ajantom

Crud XL £20 with free delivery from Hopkinson Cycles

Hmmm, I’d like to retract my PSA 🤔

The mudguard turned up pretty quickly, but on opening the box on Saturday it seems it had been bent when being packed, so there’s an obvious bend in the plastic, and it looks weakened.

Now this is annoying, but these things happen…

However, I contacted Hopkinson cycles, with photos, had to follow up a couple of times to get a reply today, and they seem pretty dismissive. They won’t do a return and swap, just a refund, and I need to pay for the return postage.

So on the basis of their so-so CS I wouldn’t recommend buying from Hopkinson Cycles.

ajantom

Ok, scratch that, they’ve sent me a return label, still feel a bit cheesed off with the initial reply. We’ll see if they sort it.

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

SELVA C 27.5" Coil Fork Special Price

Good saving off a superb coil fork 650b 170mm but hey ho

monkeyboyjc
    markgoldstein
    Free Member

Wiggle have the Feedback Pro workstand for £233 with code SAVE:

https://www.wiggle.com/p/feedback-sports-pro-mechanic-workstand

bens
    Free Member

OneUp flash sale. 30% off v2 droppers

OneUp

afrothunder88

Thank you @bens! Finally managed to snag a 240mm dropper at a discounted price

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,540 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.