Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • PSA – Xbox gamepass Ultimate hack… part 2
  • Cougar

I mean, try it and let us know? (-:

Tenuous
    Free Member

If you apply a Gold code to a running Game Pass Ultimate then it will extend the GPU but only by a portion of the length of the Gold code. eg 1 year -> 4 months or something (I don’t recall the exact conversion). So definitely best to wait.

oceanskipper

So I bought 3 years of Gold for £109 and a 1 month GPU subscription for £7.99. I did notice however that if you click the “upgrade” button on the Microsoft website it offers you 1 month for £1. I had already bought the 7.99 one so I don’t know if it would have the same effect (ie upgrading the whole lot). The one month GPU key did upgrade the whole lot though for sure so 3 years GPU for  about £120. Not bad. 🙂

Probably worth trying the £1 offer if you are about to buy….

DrP

the £1 offer only works once for each account…
    Most of us have used it already, hence this is ‘part 2’!
    But of you haven’t used it, then it’ll do exactly the same… upgrade ALL gold to GPU!

Glad to see people are still benefitting from this..
    I jsut did the same for my OH’s lad last weekend…3 years GPU for £118!

DrP

dlr

So mine has all expired, Gold and Game pass. A google suggests you can do the following, not as good as before as you only end up with 2 years of cheaper Game pass. Has anyone tried it recently?

To get the discount, just follow these steps:

Buy 11 x 3-month Xbox Live Gold membership codes at £7.99 for a total of £87.89 from discount digital games retailer, CDKeys. By stacking these up, you’re unlocking 33 months of Gold.
    Now, purchase one month of Game Pass Ultimate for £7.99 from CDKeys so that you can upgrade.
    New members can get it for even cheaper with the 1-month trial offer for £1 available on the Game Pass website.
    Activate your membership by entering the codes online or on your Xbox.
    Make sure to turn off recurring billing on your Microsoft account page, so that you’re not charged when the time period expires.
    All told, you should now have access to 23-months of Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion rate for a grand total of £95.88 – or £4.17 per month.

It’s important to note that this method will only work if you don’t already have an active Ultimate subscription”

kelron
    Free Member

I think it still works but you only get 2/3 of the duration now. I last did it a couple of months ago before they made that change.

I bought 4x 3 month xbox live keys, redeemed these (it offered me +1 month free for turning on recurring billing for each one).

I then bought 1 month game pass and used it to convert the time before turning off recurring billing again.

17 months total for about £40.

dlr

Thanks will give it a try

Smudger666

Get a move on if you are thinking about this – Gold disappears in september and you’ll be automatically switched to a ‘Core’ version of gamepass – access to a selection of 25 games.  dont know if any of the ‘hacks’ will work thereafter.

I tend to play PUBG mostly which is free to play online, so have let my Gold lapse.  been looking forward to Starfield and am tempted to hit gamepass for a month and try it before paying almost £70 for the standard version.

Cougar

I wonder what would happen if you bought a Gold serial from CDKeys / EF now and then tried to apply them after it’d been retired? Is there a grace period perhaps?

am tempted to hit gamepass for a month and try it before paying almost £70 for the standard version.

£70 for one game vs twice that for access to hundreds for three years seems something of a no-brainer to me unless you’re planning on getting 18 months out of Starfield.

squirrelking
    Free Member

£70 for one game vs twice that for access to hundreds for three years seems something of a no-brainer to me unless you’re planning on getting 18 months out of Starfield.

That’s the thing, it’s how they lock you in. I’m looking to downgrade as I really don’t think I’m getting my moneys worth, if Gold is ending then that’s probably the shove I need.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.