Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • PSA – Xbox gamepass Ultimate hack… part 2
  • DrP

So I know a few years ago there was the thread highlighting the hack whereby you:
    -buy up to 3 years worth of Xbox live gold (about £120)
    -take up the “£1 for 3 months of game pass ultimate (GPU)” upgrade
    -this upgrade actually turns ALL your remaining XB live gold into GPU…

Well, after doing this hack about 3 years ago my GPU ran out this weekend…
    I thought’s I’d take advantage of it again..

Bought 3 years of XB live from CDKeys (£120) and input all the codes..
    Boom…3 years worth of gold..

Then I tried getting the £1 upgrade again… eek… It woudln’t show for me..only the £10.99/month subscription to GPU. This is because i’d already used this offer 3 years ago#!

I thought the hacker had been hacked!! That I was going to have to accept I’d wasted £120 and simply get the subscription the normal way….!

However, I had a thought and looked on CDKeys for a one month GPU upgrade, which was £8.99.
    Low and behold were the key words in the smallprint..>”this will upgrade ALL remaining XB Gold into GPU”!
    Bought that…entered the code…BOOM… GPU subscription runs out April 2024…!

So not as good as £121 for 3 years worth of game pass ultimate, but still a billy bargain at £129 for 3 years of GPU…

DrP

Drac

Nice!

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Awesome thanks Doctor P I will be doing shortly.

I don’t suppose you know how to sort out the issues with COD and missing packs that have been installed.

On CD Keys did you go for this option 12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP – (EU) or this 12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP (XBOX ONE/360)?

DrP

You need the EU keys for both gold and GPU…

I don’t suppose you know how to sort out the issues with COD and missing packs that have been installed.

No -it’s really annoying still.
    I recently got an XB Series X (whoop) and thus reinstalled all the big games I wanted, incliuding COD. I hoped this would sort out the missing packs…but still getting the error!!
    FFS

DrP

dlr

ooh have to try this as mine just ran out. I don’t use it much so can’t justify the normal monthly fee

SuperScale20
    Free Member

DRp we could be the same person done the same with my new X series.

Just one last question with hack do I need to wait for my current subscription to finish?

Markie
    Free Member

Fantastic, thanks!

ads678

Just one last question with hack do I need to wait for my current subscription to finish?

Would also be interested to know if I can add time my current Live Gold membership and then upgrade to GPU?

Markie
    Free Member

I was using the £1 GPU offer, still with 15 days to go.

In order to get this ‘hack’ to work I had to cancel that subscription, then load up on 12 month Live Gold subscriptions (it can take up to three, apparently), then put in the code for 1 month GPU.

When I tried to add Gold months on before cancelling my GPU sub it was converting them to 4 months of GPU for every 12 of Gold I’d purchased.

On CDKeys it says that the GPU month pass is for Xbox One, it has worked (I think!) on our Series X.

This will keep Jr Slimeranching happily for the medium term!

DrP

Would also be interested to know if I can add time my current Live Gold membership and then upgrade to GPU?

I believe that as long as it’s JUST gold you have, then add to it (up to max 36 months)…
    Once you’ve maxed out your GOLD membership, ‘upgrade’ that to GPU with the one month pass…
    This converts all existing gold to GPU at a 1:1 ratio.

I waited for EVERYTHING to run out..had a morning of “dad…I can’t play online..!!!”, and started it all again!

DrP

ads678

Yeah I’ve only got Live gold at the moment after going through a nightmare trying to cancel GPU so it wouldn’t convert live gold time into GPU at 12 to 4 months as above! Right pain in the arse it was, but I’m a ludite this is all for my lad!

Might try and add a couple of years live gold to my existing that runs until December and then add a GPU 1 month trial.

12 months live gold is £34.99 on cdkeys at the moment.

sl2000

@markie > To get this ‘hack’ to work I had to cancel that subscription

How did you do that? I’m in the same position as you with current subscription having a few weeks left.

ads678

Boom! It worked, GPU until Jan 24 for £79!!

Cheers @DrP.

Markie
    Free Member

@sl2000

I logged on to my Microsoft account on my PC and went to something like ‘manage all services and subscriptions’, and by my XBox subscription was an option ‘Manage’. In there was a choice ‘Cancel subscription’.

I then entered the codes I got from CDKeys into the PC Xbox app.

HTH.

DrP

12 months live gold is £34.99 on cdkeys at the moment.

Yet it was £39.99 yesterday!! Arses…would have saved another £15..oh wellz….

Glad it’s working for you all!

DrP

sl2000

Thanks Markie – but not working for me.

I cancelled my recurring billing then tried to cancel the subscription now but I can’t. Tried…

– Opened https://account.microsoft.com/ and logged in

– ‘Services and Subscriptions’ from top nav – https://account.microsoft.com/services/

– ‘Manage’ by Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – https://account.microsoft.com/services/xboxgamepassultimate/billing

– ‘Cancel subscription’ – https://account.microsoft.com/services/xboxgamepassultimate/cancel?cancelType=NotDefined&fref=billing-cancel

– ‘Cancel subscription’ again.

Gives an error:

We can’t cancel your subscription

You’ve already paid for your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It will expire automatically on 09/05/2021.

Markie
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁

I am brand new to all this, but as a thought, my sub was a monthly billing one – was yours bought using a code?

When I entered my codes (for Live Gold) it made a point of saying they were non refundable.

Maybe you need to wait until this sub expires then do the trick to get the next three years?

SuperScale20
    Free Member

DR P my GPU subscription has run out so just to check I need to by 12 Live Gold Subs maximum x 3, then by 1 month Ultimate upgrade which should hopefully give 3 years am i missing something?

Thanks

Cougar

Does this still work? Anyone tried it recently?

Typically, my three years of Ultimate runs out like a month after my Series arrives.

DrP

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work….

But yeah, the order is…

Start with nothing.

But 36 months of gold.

But one month x box ultimate…

Do that fortnight dance in the street to boast how oresum you are

DrP

Cougar

Cougar
    Does this still work? Anyone tried it recently?

In answer to my own question,

Yes it does.

After the expiry of my previous sub I’ve just bought three years of Gold plus a month of Ultimate via CDKEYS and boom, I’ve got a three year Ultimate subscription for ~£120.

DrP

Hazzah!

DrP

scuttler

My previous £1 expired so on the standard payment. Any thoughts if this will work or does it need to go back-to-back in other deal?

Cougar

Caveat emptor but, I chanced it and it worked.

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/1-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc-eu

“3. Do you still have Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass prepaid time? When you upgrade to Ultimate, that time will be automatically applied.”

All my previous subs had run out. I bought 3x 12 month Gold passes at £38.99 and the 1 month Ultimate for £8.99 as above. That gave me four 25-digit codes. I entered the first three (it’s under Store / Redeem this week) to get three years’ worth of Gold, then the Ultimate code which converted the lot. All four codes are unrelated to each other as far as I can tell, it’s no different from buying a handful of gift cards from Game.

Curiously, it’s Ultimated me up until January 2025, which is three years and two months. It makes sense that my 1 month Ultimate code is in addition to the existing sub, but I seem to have gained another bonus month from somewhere?

Regardless, 38 months of Ultimate for £125.96 or £3.31/month, regular RRP £418.

johnners
    Free Member

Caveat emptor but, I chanced it and it worked.

Thanks Cougar, my Ultimate acquired by the hack’s just run out so this might come in handy.

That’s if I can rustle up the £125.96…

Cougar

Of course, you don’t need the three years, you could do it on a three month code. That’s just (AFAIK) the maximum you can convert. I maxed it out in case the offer disappears.

DrP

i maxed out to the 3 years as well, as otherwise you’ll need to pay the £8.99 for GPU each time…
    So whatever you do, it’s (the amount of gold you buy)+£8.99 each time.

Glad it’s working for all!

DrP

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I can confirm also works think it cost around 136 in total using Eneba best hack ever.

elgolfo

My son has an offer to get a 1 Month GPU for £1 rather than £10.99. If I buy 3 year Gold beforehand, that should still work, right?

Any idea if it works with the VPN hack? CD Keys has Turkish 12 months Gold for £24.99? Could get 3 of those for £75 + the £1 GPU is very cheap.

johnners
    Free Member

Of course, you don’t need the three years, you could do it on a three month code.

Crazy talk!

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

@DrP thanks for this. Just saved me £270! Just off to buy something for my bike guilt free…

Cougar

My son has an offer to get a 1 Month GPU for £1 rather than £10.99. If I buy 3 year Gold beforehand, that should still work, right?

Any idea if it works with the VPN hack? CD Keys has Turkish 12 months Gold for £24.99? Could get 3 of those for £75 + the £1 GPU is very cheap.

I would guess yes and yes, so long as any prior subs have expired. My understanding is that once it’s activated (via VPN or however), it’s activated. But as I said earlier, buyer beware. I rolled the dice on £120 and it worked, I wasn’t brave enough to stray outside of EU codes (though Gold should be Gold) and at three quid a month I’m not screaming too loudly.

Where’d you / he get that £1 offer?

I’m kinda coming to the notion at this point that MS are just wanting people on the programme a la Windows 10 and don’t really care about the sub. Ultimate is getting better every day and Gold is becoming increasingly obtuse.

elgolfo

@Cougar, I’ve just renewed & upgraded to GPU using the EU code. The Brazil 12 month Gold membership wasn’t available. He got the £1 GPU upgrade offer from Microsoft by email.
    Great PSA & currently still working, thanks.

Cougar

Nice, thanks for the feedback. I suspect that this is going to go like the Windows 10 upgrade, it’s an exercise in MS getting shot of legacy crap.

(“obsolete” I meant back there, not obtuse 🙄)

kirky72
    Free Member

Curious to know if I could start this on Xbox one and then at some point in the future port across to the X? Does your subscription work across any Xbox version or even two at the same time?

MSP

It is for your account, not a particular console. I did it on a PC before I got my xbox s.

DrP

kirky – as above..

As long as you use the same account across WHATEVER machine, it’ll work..

DrP

oceanskipper

Anyone know if you can do this before your current subscription expires? My GPU subscription expires on 4th April and I was just trying to get ahead of the game (pun intended!!).

Cougar

You can buy the codes ahead of time. I wouldn’t risk applying them until your existing sub runs out.

The upgrade converts “existing Gold” up to three years. If you have an existing Ultimate sub then who knows what will happen. It might work. 🤷‍♂️ Why chance it?

oceanskipper

I’ll wait till it expires then. Ta. 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.