Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • PSA Sony Z3 Compact £239.99 on o2 PAYG
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I heard the same…sony are pulling out of market.

their own worst enemy – too many phone models and too confusing for the punter.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Too many Sony phone models? Don’t try wading through the Samsung or HTC website then!

Would be a shame if Sony exited IMO. The Z3 compact, and its tablet big brother are both excellent and well-polished devices. The only grumble would be the flaps to cover the charging ports, but easily solved with the aforementioned magnetic charger.

bigjim

too confusing

at least they give their phones clear names, try Motorola with all the Moto G’s

dannybgoode

Must be said I am delighted with mine. I cannot kill the battery during a waking day even if I really try and to cap it off it outputs high res audio via USB so have been playing around with external dacs and headphone amps.

Fast as and a really good size to boot – so what if Sony pull out. The phone will not stop working over night…

wwaswas

I got a z3 compact on contract to replace a z Earlier this week. As above I’ll still have a phone even if Sony stop supporting it.

walla24
    Free Member

rich- same here!

currently have an order in with guaranteedunlock.com…..we shall see, if not cellunlocker.net is next (cheers MikeG)

ross980
    Free Member

I got mine unlocked for £10 from eBay. It took about 24hrs.
    linky
    The other thing I bought was a magnetic charging cable for £4.50 delivered, it saves opening the waterproof seals and should make them last longer link

rj2dj
    Free Member

^^ thanks, just ordered myself something similar off ebay, I didn’t even realise you could get these. I’ve got a couple of the cradles, but a cable is a bit smaller to cart around with me if I need to.

wwaswas

Magtron do a little thing that you can plug any charging cable in and use to do the mag charging;

I just keep a standard cable in the car etc and carry the adapter around.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My **** has a smashed back cover, only noticed yesterday as it’s been in a case the whole time. When will they make phones a little less delicate!

Rich
    Free Member

ross980 – Member
    I got mine unlocked for £10 from eBay. It took about 24hrs.
    linky

Thanks, I’ll give them a try.
    Though if it really was an O2 server rejection I may not fare any better.

walla24 – Member
    rich- same here!

currently have an order in with guaranteedunlock.com

Please update on whether you have any luck.

ross980
    Free Member

Rich – there’s some instruction on that ebay listing that should let you see if it can be unlocked before you hit the order button – Might be worth a check

Rich
    Free Member

I think that’s more to do with whether the device is blocked, or used up all of the allowed unlock attempts.
    Thanks for the heads up though. 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

My phone is now unlocked. I used the guy on Ebay linked above.

Only took about a day, not bad for £10. 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Great phone, but don’t submerse it on purpose. Took some photos of my lad here on hols in swimming pool. Just holding it under water and 4 shoots. It’s buggered and I’ve lost our pics of Epcot day out now, plus my camera. Gutted. What do you reckon, warranty or insurance?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

warranty I have used my underwater and a friend of mine likes to drop hers in people’s pints as a party trick…

scotroutes

My Z1C has been dunked and is just fine

keppoch

Oh no, I missed this deal 🙁

£277 seems to be the best price I can spot elsewhere, has anyone seen better?

keppoch

So I bought a Z3 compact. Simple. Hmm, maybe not quite so simple. It has arrived but it has a flat bladed two pin plug as opposed to a three pin plug. The item description didn’t point this out at all.

So the model I have is a D5833. I think this means the frequency bands it offers differ. Is any one able to confirm that the normal UK model is a D5033? And does this mean this one is less suitable for the UK?

Have contacted the shop so will see what they say. I suspect they will say it was my choice to buy that one but I think it could have been a bit clearer.

ste_t
    Free Member

Was the seller in the US by any chance? That’s where the flat 2 pin plugs are used

keppoch

Hmm, should have checked that before. Looks like they are based in Hong Kong.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘PSA Sony Z3 Compact £239.99 on o2 PAYG’ is closed to new replies.