• This topic has 32 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by kerv.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA If you like the Vulcan….
  • Pickers

And you’re in the Midlands-ish tomorrow afternoon, details here

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cool.
    Saw it flying off the Northumberland coast a couple of weeks ago.

Stoner
    Free Member

woohoo, should be coming right past us on the malverns.
    Where do we look for timings?

Pickers

Reading the site I think they’re somewhat “flexible” on the precise timing, sorry

Stoner
    Free Member

well as long as they come by in first gear, I should have time to run outside and catch it once Ive first heard it coming…

logical
    Free Member

I get two shows then if I can get to St Athan fast enough 🙂

midlifecrashes

Will watch the twitter and try to make take off or landing at Doncaster, seen four times this year already but still awesome machine to see at close quarters.

camo16
    Free Member

Isn’t this a whole lot of waiting around for a couple of seconds of whoooooshhhhhhhhh?

scruff
    Free Member

Flew right at then over me once on Cannock Chase, was amazing. Will try to see it again tomorrow.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

I was actually driving back on the M3 from Winchester two weeks ago when I heard the most almighty roar. Felt it in the chest – that kind of thing. Looked out the window and this beast was flying over us, quite low. Even the wife was amazed and she doesn’t give a monkey’s about stuff like that. I think it’s a combination of the noise and the slightly sinister delta wing cold war shape that creates the impression. And then there’s that story about the longest bombing run in history – down to the Falklands.

29erKeith
    Free Member

It flew directly over my house in the new forest a few weeks back while I was in the garden. pretty low, I wondered if the bloody house was falling down. brilliant! 8) 8) 8) 8)

I assume on it’s was back from the Bournemouth air show, i tried to get a photo with my phone but was way too slow and just got a speck in the sky 🙁

rickmeister

Isn’t this a whole lot of waiting around for a couple of seconds of whoooooshhhhhhhhh?

Bit like the TDF then… nest pas ?

lodious
    Free Member

Cool, it flys over our house ! 😀

Macinblack
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzdtYU7i_jY&feature=related[/video]

This is one of the finest couple of seconds of whoosh I can think of.

flatfish
    Free Member

Did Concorde make the same noise on take off as it had the same engines?

Northwind

It always flies low- something to do with its licencing, it’s only authorised for visual flight which literally means they have to be able to navigate from the ground- no flying above clouds etc.

Which is hell on the airframe apparently but does make for good flybys over people’s houses :mrgreen:

colournoise

Catch it while you can. When I saw it at Duxford earlier this month they said it was likely to be its last year in the air. LOADS of work needed on the airframe and not enough money to do it.

Edric64
    Free Member

My stepson works at Yeovilton on Seakings and got to see the Vulcan close up last year .He said that it looks knackered when you see all the electrics etc and he wouldnt go up in it

psling
    Free Member

It’s due over Ross-on-Wye at about 16.00-16.30 coming up from Cardiff so anyone riding in FoD may hear it if not actually see it 🙂

Mikeypies
    Free Member

My stepson works at Yeovilton on Seakings and got to see the Vulcan close up last year .He said that it looks knackered when you see all the electrics etc and he wouldnt go up in it

It may look knackered but the CAA know what they are doing so should be ok, a lot of the wiring will be redundant if it is limited to visual flying only.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Can anyone see what time its leaving coventry? I’m 2 minutes from B’ham airport. would love to take little man to see this.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

follow @ZH558 on twitter and they tweet arrivals/status etc. @edric, i’ve seen airliners up close and they’re no better. ZH558 will always need money spent on it, all aircraft do. IMO it’s a worthwhile endeavour.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Live long and prosper \\//_

hertz32
    Free Member

Vulcan and the Nimrod are trly amazing aircraft, Shame im nowhere near though 🙁

tron
    Free Member

I take it the Doncaster take off is from Robin Hood airport?

ssbnreso
    Free Member

I drive past one of these everyday on the way to work!

AngusWells

Tron, no it’s RAF Finningley. Whoops, slipped into the vortex there, sorry.

flatfish
    Free Member

Airborne

Rosss
    Free Member

Just flown right over my house. It’s flying super low.

TooTall
    Free Member

Just gone over Bristol. Glinting in the sun.

kerv
    Free Member

Hoping we’re right in the flight path between Halton and Doncaster here in MK

flatfish
    Free Member

Right over my house a few minutes ago between Filton and Bristol airport.
    All the dogs in the area went berserk!

Brilliant. 😀

kerv
    Free Member

There he goes!! Just flown over MK, even treated us to a left turn just before he went out of sight. 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA If you like the Vulcan….’ is closed to new replies.