Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • PSA Extra 20% on clearance items at Evans
  • chakaping

Did anyone get one of the super-cheap Statuses?

doomanic
    Free Member

I had one in my basket but bottled it.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

another option on cashback, i’m tending to use vouchercodes these days, spend 2x £20 on tredz/wiggle/crc/evanscycles et al

between mon-sun in the week and  you get £5 amazon voucher.

Speshpaul

How do 5tens size up, im normally a a ten ( in shoe size obvs,  im a 7 at best otherwise:-)

chakaping

How do 5tens size up, im normally a a ten

Depends which model.

I’m a 9.5 in civvy shoes, but 10.5 in Freerider Pros.

flyingpotatoes

How do 5tens size up, im normally a a ten ( in shoe size obvs, im a 7 at best otherwise:-)

I always go a size larger, especially if you are wanting to wear thick socks

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@speshpaul, if you wear adidas, then on trailcross go for the same size or up 1/2 if you want a thicker or waterproof sock. the sleuth / element ones are true to size from memory.

if you dont wear adidas, then try a 1/2 or full size up on regular.

ayjaydoubleyou

I’m 11 in normal shoes, 11.5 in freerider pros.

Just ordered some 11.5 Adidas trailcross for winter, hope they fit.

sharkattack

I’m usually a 10 in Five Tens and I’ve gone for 10.5 in the hope that I can squeeze in my Sealskins socks. Hopefully it’s enough room.

big_scot_nanny

£52 quid for Impact Pros? That’s mental! 12.5 pair for me, 14.5 pair for my large footed riding pal. Superb Tracey, thank you for the PSA.

jwildcard
    Free Member

Are the five ten range good in clip in version as well? I know they are well regarded for flats. I am looking at some for gravel/Road combined using xt spd pedals. I have some older shimano which are OK but wanted to try something a bit more comfy which these look. I guess I’m spending most the time locked into the pedals but I prefer to have a recessed clear like the mtb one to be honest for this type of riding and use. Are the hell at or freerider good options?

stingmered

Did anyone get one of the super-cheap Statuses?

Not the status and not 20% off but whilst perusing Evans I noticed a whopping 50% off  Trek Rail 7 which I may or may not have accidentally bought last night.

I blame the covid fever dreams.  I wasn’t even in the market.

alan1977
    Free Member

@jawildcard

I primarily wear hellcats, for trail type stuff with clip in platform type pedals and they work very well. i also wear them on my gravel bike with the shimano cageless spd’s (520) and again have had no complaints the sole still mates up nicely.

I’m sorely tempted by a pair of kestral boas for the additional stiffness for the less technical stuff.

weeksy

That Rail is ridiculous money.

alan1977
    Free Member

i went to buy one, no mediums.. kind of glad….

Talking of e-bikes at ridiculous money, if you’re a tall guy….

Nukeproof Megawatt Factory

stingmered

That Rail is ridiculous money

I know.

Weirdly the other colour costs £2.3k more (i.e. only 10% off RRP)

sharkattack

Holy Moly. I’m in no position to pounce on a purchase presently. But this time next year, I’ll be ready and waiting.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

I may also have grabbed a medium Rail. Looking forward to my first eMtb experience. My brother bought a Levo alloy comp which was also cheaper than we could find at any other retailer.

Shame we’ve put 7K in Mike Ashley’s pocket.

stingmered

That was the first thing my wife said. And she is correct.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

My freerider pros arrived today, didn’t think they’d be that quick, all good, they don’t look like they’ve been tried on, I was a little worried by the sports direct style stickers on the box but they’re in perfect condition, even the box is unbashed. Went half a size up and the fit is spot on.

chakaping

There can’t be a lot of margin (if any) left on those 50% off Rails.

godzilla
    Free Member

Looks like the Status are now excluded from 20%?

sharkattack

I think my shoes must be lost somewhere. I haven’t heard a peep about my order yet.

jwildcard
    Free Member

Cheers for your thoughts, yes hellcat look good, similar to my five ten sleuth style I think only with the clip option. The trailcross look cool but I hear they are ideal if your are spending a lot of time wearing them off bike as opposed to clipped in. I also see they do a kestrel pro which isn’t in this offer but looks like a full on xc hard stiff sole version. I guess I want the best of both worlds but ideally some warmth with the colder weather, my shimano are very cold with the open cleat area below meaning cold feet even with taping it up and wearing thermal socks and overshoes haha but that’s deep winter of course.

alan1977
    Free Member

^^

the shimano insulated goretex boots are a game changer :)

Trailcross delivered in 24 hrs, despite only paying standard delivery. Freeriders and shorts are with evri, so will be delivered tomorrow I guess

20230928_184057~2

robertajobb

Evans. Part of the evil barsteward Cashley empire.

So f@#£#k to that, I’d rather lick p1$$ off a hot kettle than give any of my £££ to him.

If I can buy gear cheaper off him than anywhere else, he can have my money

molgrips
    Free Member

I stopped on as I was walking past on the way back from the opticians. Some nice eBikes reduced from £3999 to £2700, also a Burley Travoy for £235.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Cheers Tracey just bought a specialized diverge for £720 absolute steal and some 5:10s

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

@robertajobb tell us how you really feel about him

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

But seriously what has he done that hasn’t already been done by a million other people and is still been doneby a million people who dont get a mention .

He donated 55k at a charity auction I was attending as a survivor telling my story raising money for children’s cancer hospice in Middlesbrough

By the end of the evening he’d donated 110k and asked the signed shirt boots and signed autographs be resold .

There are plenty more worthy of your hatred if you’d like to actually have a list

doomanic
    Free Member

If you don’t like giving money to Mike Ashley (who does?) the Status is on offer on the Spesh website.

hooli

Very tempted by the sub 3k Trek rail, must resist…

chakaping

I think my shoes must be lost somewhere. I haven’t heard a peep about my order yet.

Evri innit.

Mine came yesterday lunchtime.

Got the Evans dispatch email this morning.

:D

stingmered

Very tempted by the sub 3k Trek rail, must resist…

Don’t resist. It’s Friday. It’s payday (probably). You’re worth it.

(Trying to justify my own purchase by encouraging unified group-think… ;-) )

sharkattack

I opted to pick them up from my local Evans because I live around the corner and didn’t want them being delivered to someone’s back garden or recycling bin. I’ve had no order confirmation or any contact from Evans at all.

Evans. Part of the evil barsteward Cashley empire.

So f@#£#k to that, I’d rather lick p1$$ off a hot kettle than give any of my £££ to him.

Which other companies do you boycott because you don’t like the boss?

Rich_s

Which other companies do you boycott because you don’t like the boss?

UnderArmor.

chakaping

Ryanair and anything Virgin

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.