Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • PSA Extra 20% on clearance items at Evans
  • flyingpotatoes

Thanks again for this PSA

Shoes just arrived 👍

PXL_20230929_161602593

razorrazoo

Replacement pair of Freerider EPS ordered for winter yesterday.  Got dispatch notice today.

bigdaddy

First ever pair of 5ten hellcats ordered for me – always used ‘disco slippers’, but at 50% off, worth a try to see what all the hype is about! Need some new cleats now!

cleetonator

Still waiting for mine, ordered and dispatched Tuesday with next day delivery. Now lost in the depths of evri/hermes warehouse, with a disappointing “your parcel has been delayed” message on the tracking. What do we think are the chances of a delivery refund from Evans?

grahamt1980

Not even got a despatch yet.
    Oh well am sure they will turn up

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Dammit! I bought a skateboard for £7 😂

tthew

My new bike is due next Friday.  Should have the better wheels built in time. 😁

20230930_001055

jimster01

Damn my procastination!! The Cannondale hardtail is now out of stock in Large, would a medium fit someone 5ft 9in?

fossy

I would have thought medium is a better size for 5-9. Thats the size i get

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

At 5’11” I ride a large Cannondale. So would think the M is about right.
    Size guide: https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/mountain/trail-bikes/trail/trail-se-2

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Their size guide suggests large for 5’7 up, based on a quick look at the geo it’s probably the better option, certainly the first size I would look at being 5’10

jimster01

I would have thought medium is a better size for 5-9. Thats the size i get.

Hmm, the other week I hired a Whyte T140 in a medium, fit like a glove. But are Cannondale a bit more conservative on sizing?

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey just ordered 2 pairs for £75 hope they last as long as the previous pair

ogden
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of hellcats and freerider eps on thursday morning – great PSA

Hellcats dispatched separately last night, anyone had a set of Freerider eps delivered/dispatched yet.

mashr

But are Cannondale a bit more conservative on sizing?

Best to get hold of both the geometry charts and have a look. Or just see if they’re both on geometrygeeks

crossed

Hellcats dispatched separately last night, anyone had a set of Freerider eps delivered/dispatched yet.

Waiting for a pair of Freeriders here but my Trailcross have been dispatched.

jwildcard
    Free Member

Looks like there will be some more good deals coming up as all these five tens look in stock in all sizes.

My Trailcross and shorts turned up in separate deliveries. Still waiting on the Freeriders

sharkattack

Not even a single email from Evans yet.

hurricane_run

Thanks for the PSA. Trailcross ordered on Thursday. Delivered Saturday.

bentudder

@thew – where did you find the rims? I’m looking for some replacements at the moment.

tthew

Hey @bentudder.

They were from Bike 24. All delivered fine with no customs issues despite from the EU. 👍

https://www.bike24.com/p280740.html 

ayjaydoubleyou

Trailcross have arrived. Think 11.5 was the correct choice especially with thicker socks. (11.5 being my five-ten size, 11 my civilian size)

The green is lighter in the flesh than the photos. Hopefully still better than black which shows every fleck of dirt and therefore look permanently filthy.

grahamt1980

Still no emails. Good job i don’t actually need them

The green is lighter in the flesh than the photos. Hopefully still better than black which shows every fleck of dirt and therefore look permanently filthy.

One ride in and I don’t think my green ones will ever look clean again after a good dousing of black loam water

ayjaydoubleyou

One ride in and I don’t think my green ones will ever look clean again after a good dousing of black loam water

Peak district?

Everything is a light brown down round these parts

Peak district?

Of sorts – Black Rocks at Wirksworth

ogden
    Free Member

Current freeriders are 10.5 and fit fine, I went up to an 11 and both the hellcats and EPS freeriders feel too small! It’ll be less of a bargain after two lots of postage and returns…

The question is do I go up to 11.5 or 12? Does anyone elses shoes come in tighter than usual?

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I got my shipped email from Evans 2 days after my order actually arrived. There’s some communication issues with Evans.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Hope those that ordered the Trek Rail have better luck than me. Dented top tube and deep scratch under the downtube where they forced the forks around for shipping. Gutted to say the least.

chakaping
    Free Member

Current freeriders are 10.5 and fit fine, I went up to an 11 and both the hellcats and EPS freeriders feel too small! It’ll be less of a bargain after two lots of postage and returns…

The question is do I go up to 11.5 or 12? Does anyone elses shoes come in tighter than usual?

IIRC for me it’s…

Freeriders – as per civvy shoes
    EPS – up one size
    Freerider Pro – up 1.5 sizes

chakaping
    Free Member

Hope those that ordered the Trek Rail have better luck than me. Dented top tube and deep scratch under the downtube where they forced the forks around for shipping. Gutted to say the least.

Oh no.

Maybe they’ll give you 50% off your 50% off bike for that though?

ogden
    Free Member

IIRC for me it’s…

Freeriders – as per civvy shoes
    EPS – up one size
    Freerider Pro – up 1.5 sizes

Just nipped to my mates and his 12.5 hellcats didn’t even feel huge so went up to a 12 for them both.

stingmered

What have Evans said about the dents on the rail? Mine arrives tomorrow. 😬

roger_mellie

Confirmation email received; “view your order” draws a blank; no contact details on the website – how are you supposed to get in touch with Evans, or is that deliberate?

ogden
    Free Member

@roger_mellie if you go on the contact us page during the day they have a chat bot that can put you on to customer services.  Can’t see a phone number anywhere mind.

https://help.evanscycles.com/en/support/home

roger_mellie

Ah, cool, thanks @ogden

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Offered a refund which still fills me with dread as it means sending it back to them and hoping they don’t lose it. Glad I paid on CC.

they did say they could possibly offer a gift card with some compensation. Being how deep the dent is I’ve declined. FYI the box looked fine. There was also pipe lagging over the top tube. My feeling is it got dented at the warehouse while being transferred from the trek box into the Evans box.

still pee’d off about it.

weeksy

Still nothing on my Freeriders… Luckily they’re an Xmas present so i’m not in a rush, but i would like to see them one day.

cheers_drive

My Sleuth DLXs arrived yesterday. I don’t run flats but for £40 they’ll make good everyday trainers.

Thanks for the PSA

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.