Home Forums Bike Forum PSA Cheap scandal frames

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • PSA Cheap scandal frames
  • bish

Here

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BNSCANDALHSSC/scandal-frame-headset-and-seat-clamp-bundle

Could make a cheap lockdown build if you’re interested.
    Unfortunately I want the bootzipper so I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks for the planet X price god’s to be on my side.

superstu
    Free Member

great frame, seen some nice builds

cp

Nice bargain that

akira

Or you could buy the same frame for a lot more on the same website? Fairly normal planet X pricing then. That frame with the carbon fork for £350 looks good but don’t have room at the moment.

simon_g

Tempting, I love the matt orange and components would just move straight across from my current 29er.

Was holding out for a better deal
    on the Whippet but they’ve just gone back up.

cokie

£20 postage?!

wzzzz
    Free Member

frame + selcoff carbon fork was £300 yesterday or £400 with rock shox gold.

amack23
    Free Member

The pricing on that sites crazy. Postage is £15, just bagged a black one. The headsets 40 quid on it’s own. Seems like a no brainer cause if it dont suit, you’ll easily get yer money back selling frame

montgomery
    Free Member

Hmm, just got a tax rebate of £171.03 today. Should I…?

singlespeedstu

The pricing on that sites crazy.

You’re not kidding.
    Looked at the Hello Dave frame a couple of days ago. Think it was £380.
    Looked today to buy one £600.
    **** off On One. You’re taking the piss. 😂

jeffl

Thanks for this. I have no need to buy this frame, but it almost seems rude not to at that price!

drewd

I noticed this bundle went live yesterday and was hoping they’d do one on the Big Dog.

As others said the frame was £300, frame + carbon fork was also £300 and frame and Rockshox 35 was £400 yesterday. Everything seems to have gone up a few hundred quid!

The frame and headset bundle is great value though, can’t deny that. Does the Scandal take 27.5 3.0 tyres?

DezB
    Free Member

Wouldn’t happen to take a 30.9 seatpost would they?

Ignore that, found it on the spec page… so tempting!

karnali
    Free Member

Bonkers – i was consider a bootzipper this morning as they were £199, now £399, no need for a scandal, in all honest I’m after a frame that will take 29 and 650 boost wheels, rear rack mounts but nice and light, ideally the carbon one but it has no mounts, the bootzipper kind of fits the bill but will weigh a ton.

Any other suggestions?

montgomery
    Free Member

Yep, good shout. Just ordered. No idea when it’ll get ridden, given I’m still on 26″ stuff, but it’ll keep in the garage.

cp

Wouldn’t happen to take a 30.9 seatpost would they?

they do…

DezB
    Free Member

Crashed the damn website :D

jeffl

Looking at getting one of these for the boy. Have everything except wheels. Does anyone know of any cheap deals on boost 29er wheels?

DezB
    Free Member

Dropper post? – if frame takes a 170mm dropper…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The frame and headset bundle is great value though, can’t deny that. Does the Scandal take 27.5 3.0 tyres?

I’m sure there’s at least one on the Scandal thread with 650b+ tyres, not sure what rim/tyre though. There’s acres of room with a 29×2.4 though.

Looking at getting one of these for the boy. Have everything except wheels. Does anyone know of any cheap deals on boost 29er wheels?

There’s some DT370 wheels on ebay for ~£230.

bish

So I’ve ordered one, after much thinking I’ve decided it’s too good a deal to pass on. I wanted the bootzipper but I’ve got a straggler for bimbling duties, so I’m going to build this up for a bit more gnar use.

chakaping

Does anyone know of any cheap deals on boost 29er wheels?

Sit tight and Superstar will likely be doing something soon, perhaps the bank holiday coming up.

drewd

I’m sure there’s at least one on the Scandal thread with 650b+ tyres, not sure what rim/tyre though. There’s acres of room with a 29×2.4 though

Cheers, I’ll take a look. I’m fairly sure they take 2.8, but all my plus tyres are 3.0.

D0NK

frame + carbon fork was also £300 and frame and Rockshox 35 was £400 yesterday. Everything seems to have gone up a few hundred quid!

Yeah was looking at both of those yesterday, OO pricing fluctuations are quite, erm, special, huh?

I’d need rear wheel, seatpost and fork aswell but maybe I cld mothball the frame for a while

fudge9202
    Free Member

How do these actually ride is anyone disappointed?

ash.addy
    Free Member

Just seen it now scandal frame headset and clamp £150. Bargain

damascus
    Free Member

There’s some builds on this thread. I’m running nobby nic 2.6s (come up 2.52) and there’s loads of room. See pictures for details page 15.

The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x

core

Spotted these yesterday… I’ve been sat here looking at a (new) bike I don’t like the frame of for nearly a week now, with no idea if it’s going back or not (Evans), if it does I’ll just build the Scandal slowly, if not, it’s a pretty cheap donor bike. Either way, scandal is bloody cheap and I fancy a reasonably light, modern 29er.

hooja
    Free Member

We’re the frame and fork really at £300 today?
    Damn, I would have bought it, forks back up to £200 now

chestrockwell

Big Dog steel up at the same although limited sizes.

timbur
    Free Member

Recon forks at CRC make a cheap option…..

core

You leave those Recon’s alone timbur! haha

drewd

The Big Dog is tempting at that price.

timbur
    Free Member

Too late

core

Mine has arrived! Packaging was pretty shoddy, but all looks straight and undamaged… There’s nothing on the frame to show the size at all?

bigjim

Packaging was pretty shoddy

lol are they still sending them in wheel boxes? check carefully, my head tube is dented inwards and think hanger slightly bent but hard to be sure. both had punched through the wheel box cardboard anyway.

ElVino
    Free Member

Mine has arrived! Packaging was pretty shoddy, but all looks straight and undamaged… There’s nothing on the frame to show the size at all?

I was sent a small when I ordered a large, no sizing but thankfully I measured a couple of the tube lenghts as I thought it seemed unusually small before I started building it up. If they had sent a medium I would probably would have gone ahead without checking.

honourablegeorge

Was tempted by the Hello Dave, having seen Guy Kesteven’s glowing revjew, but then he mentioned that the current batch only take a 160mm rotor due to a mistake on a drawing. Seems to be no mention of this on the PX website.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My Scandal frame arrived this morning – impeccably packaged in a correct sized box with lots of padding and a spacer for the stays.

Headset bearings feel as though they might need a bit of extra grease so will pop the seals and take a look.

Waiting for the dropper to arrive from Wiggle now and then need to decide on crankset. Apart from that everything is in the shed stock I think…

core

bigjim
    lol are they still sending them in wheel boxes? check carefully, my head tube is dented inwards and think hanger slightly bent but hard to be sure. both had punched through the wheel box cardboard anyway.

It was in a generously sized and sealed box, with a spacer on the rear axle, nothing poking out, some foam taped onto most tubes, nothing appears damaged, but besides that was just rattling around in the box with a bit of bubble wrap kind of chucked on top…

Held the frame up against another large 29er (Pinnacle Ramin) and it looked shorter/smaller by a good bit. Having measured the frame against the OO charts all appears in order, it’s definitely a large. I’m quite glad, the Ramin is an effing barge of a thing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘PSA Cheap scandal frames’ is closed to new replies.