Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • PSA Cheap Malt Whisky
  • kelvin

mistake

Nah, you’ll be fine. The Quarter Cask is just much better, and probably one of the best examples of a young non-aged bottle.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some Dalwhinnie 15yr off Amazon for £31

johnners
    Free Member

wifes just rang me to tell me shes bought me a laphroaig select from asda. i’d got the select mixed up with the quarter cask and told her the wrong one

You’ll find something to enjoy about the Select I’m sure, it’s not a bad whisky just (imo) lacking in any particular character. Hopefully she’ll have paid about £25 for it and it’s a decent enough dram at that price. But I’d always be inclined to weigh in the extra tenner or so for the Quarter Cask or the 10!

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Btw the 10 yr is currently £28 on Amazon
    Laphroaig 10 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GLG7C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_83XH94FYXB0NSFC03CN4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

sadexpunk

It’s not undrinkable to be fair, similar to some of the supermarket own-brand Islays IIRC.

well i DID take it back. i was going to say tongue-in-cheek that im not having any of that sh1t in my house, only the best for me now but……

….we’ve just had colds, wife bought us some cheapo aldi £10 a bottle blend for hot toddys and what a sad, sad day. did a blind test between the cheapo blend and a jura 10 i think it was, and i really couldnt tell much difference. quality’s wasted on me isnt it 😀

im the same with beer, all those ‘notes of burnt toffee/coffee, caramel biscuit, ripe plums’ etc. dont get any of them, they just taste like ‘beer’ to me.

sorry to be such a disappointment to you all 😀

irc

Smokehead on offer again at £25 on Amazon. 43% Islay Malt. I tried a bottle back and liked it. Good and smoky. Or for £22.50 if you set up a subscribe and save on it and cancel it later.

At it’s usual £30+ I’d rather have a Laphroig 10 or Quarter Cask. Worth it for £22.50

sadexpunk

wifes just told me shes got some cheap gin on amazon and to check for whisky. she was right, theres plenty of offers on at the moment so thought id let you know.

im now £55 worse off after buying a laphroig 10 yr (£28) and a talisker 10 (£27).

there are bigger offers over there too, the speysides seem nice and cheap. nearly plumped for a laphroig quarter cask but still over £30 which is my ‘line in the sand’ at the moment.

llama

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/jun/16/morrisons-mistakenly-lists-250-whisky?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Oh and Talisker 10 is £30 at Waitrose, but I’ll definitely check Amazon.

sadexpunk

just finishing my current stash of jura 10….. any decent offers out there at present? smokey/peaty/laphroigy please.

cheers

ElShalimo

Morrisons usually have something nice on offer. Worth exploring your local branch

pondo

They had Aerstone Sea Cask at £19, I think, last weekend? I don’t have a clue about whisky but that seemed quite nice, tret meself to a bottle last year. 🙂

ElShalimo

@sadexpunk – if you like Jura try Old Pulteney 12 or Highland Park

sadexpunk

@sadexpunk – if you like Jura try Old Pulteney 12 or Highland Park

thank you, i’ll look out for those.

irc

Loch Lomond 10 year old £20 in store at Asda.Seems genuine deal. More elsewhere. Not tried this variant but a previous Loch Lomond was nice

This one.

https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/198525/loch-lomond-10-year-old

Freester

Bunnahabhain Stiùireadair in Tesco yesterday for 25 quid. Might have been a clubcard price IIRC.

crazy-legs

Bunnahabhain Stiùireadair in Tesco yesterday for 25 quid. Might have been a clubcard price IIRC.

Yep, you need a clubcard for that price. I got a bottle the other day.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.