Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • PSA aldi
  • colin9

I went for it, and bought some water-bag socks for winter commuting. I hate Aldi.

davea37

I got a pair of the waterproof socks too. They’re like baggy foot condoms, but hopefully will do the job… The merino base layer top is cut slightly on the generous size as mentioned above, but seems warm enough.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Is there any way to ‘stock check’ whether these are in your local store? I’ve gone there after seeing these pSA’s before and never seen a single item mentioned….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is there any way to ‘stock check’ whether these are in your local store? I’ve gone there after seeing these pSA’s before and never seen a single item mentioned….

You could phone? Although, I think if you asked about stock levels when you were actually in the store you might struggle to get an answer.

I think it depends where you live and the concentration of cyclists in the area. I went to Aldi in Airdrie at lunchtime today and they had everything in loads of sizes. Airdrie is not exactly a hotbed of cycling activity.

Bagged a couple of the “Premium” lights for £9 each. Switched on and looked at them. Am now blind.

Bonus Joke :

What has two eyes and smells of pish.

Airdrie

lunge

Loads left in the Leamington Spa branch an hour ago. I picked up a couple of sets of premium lights, some electrolyte tabs and some contentious socks (my wife loves them for winter running). Also grabbed a bag of half coated choc chunk cookies which are a seriously good biscuit, that pack will be gone by the end of the day I can assure you.

binners

Its Aldi! You’re not having your Waitrose/Ocado order delivered 😆

You just need to choose you stores carefully. If I go to the one near ours, or any other nice middle class store, the cycling stuff will be decimated by 9.15, on account of there being bloody loads of (tight-arsed) cyclists in the area. If I go to a more gritty, urban store (innit) near work, theres loads of it, lying untouched, as people studiously ignore it on the way to the frozen pizzas, and oven chips.

BOOM!

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Flipping heck I managed the singletrack forum “treble” 1.successful PSA 2.contentious shit socks row 3.got Binners in the thread, I’m filling up

mikertroid
    Free Member

Bought two winter tops for me, one for the girlfriend and some gt85.
    Got the GPS watch for £30 for the g/f too. Winner!

Tracey

Waterproof socks for Abigales boyfriend, his feet were soaking at the Grizedale Enduro, some chain cleaner and a carbon monoxide detector for the camper. Oh and a bunch of flowers for me.

MoreCashThanDash

Winter Jersey for my lad, rear light for me, helmet light for daughter.

Going back for more helmet lights tomorrow, straps a bit iffy but the light is fantastic for commuting.

jkomo

Got a set of the lights, defo look exactly the same as the moon, same charging lights, modes etc. Perfect for dropper posts as it comes with seat rail and post mounts.
    I thought the rear was good, but the front is brighter, definitely bright enough for daytime road duties, and very light.
    The Bibs look the same as last year, I don’t like em, the wind proof panels don’t stretch so they seem like hard work to pedal in.
    And a bag of almonds.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Rear light, waterproof socks,merino top,dayglo gloves. Impressed with the light just might get another, never thought about the dropper friendly bit. Another one sizing down the merino top too.

stumpy01

Front light to use as a supplementary flasher at night, electrolyte tabs, normal cycling socks, contentious waterproof socks for me.

The waterproof socks feel nicer than sealskinz, the cycling socks feel like the panels will be nice and comfy and the light seems very good for the money and exactly like my mates Moon Comet.

I am tempted to go back and get a rear Moon copy to fix on the saddle rails or maybe even on the seatstay if the angle adjustment on the bracket allows it to sit at the right angle.

mcnultycop

The socks are miles better than my Sealskinz. The opening just feels tighter, and let’s less water on.

Lazymike
    Free Member

Grabbed one of the rear lights. Not overly impressed. The rail mount doesn’t really seem wide enough as the rails don’t fit in the slots. Cranked up the bolt though and it seems to have bent the plastic into shape OK. Dont reckon its going anywhere. The waterproofing for the charging point doesn’t seem very convincing. Just a flimsy rubber flap that doesn’t really have anything to secure it closed. Micro usb over mini usb would have been better. Worst thing though is that I now can’t get the light off the mount. I’ve got the angle adjust screw as tight as I dare but when pushing the plastic tab in that secures the light in the mount it just causes the mount to rotate without moving the tab far enough to get the light out. Of course this could all just be me being an idiot. It might actually be the best thing since sliced bread. It does seem pretty bright.

fergal
    Free Member

Winter jkt purchased in Berwick, big brucey bonus, no massive logos.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Shame as the socks go to size 11 and I’m a big footed camel 🙁

Garmin bought though

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Lazymike did you mount the rails attachment onto the horizontal part of the rails? The mounting grooves are the same width apart as a seat post mount.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The rubber flap is fine too imo, better than my garmin which I have to fanny about with sometimes.

Poopscoop

Got the thick winter jersey/jacket. Last one left in my size. The paddling pool socks and 2 pair of the gloves.

And some cheese. If that’s important.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If I go to a more gritty, urban store (innit) near work, theres loads of it, lying untouched, as people studiously ignore it on the way to the frozen pizzas, and oven chips.

Word Blud

Blackpool will still have stock at Christmas [ it really will as it was sellign summer stock when i went in today

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Returning winter pro tops and arm warmers today. No where near long enough in the body. Need more road fit alternatives.

Hopefully they will have found the moon-a-likes. I really rate my original one.

medoramas
    Free Member

Are the shoes worth consideration? Has anyone seen them?

I’m hoping to find some leftovers at the store tonight…

spawnofyorkshire

got the winter gloves, contentious socks and the softshell winter jacket last night.
    Not tried the socks but used the gloves and jacket last night in a lovely little deluge here in hudds. Both did well. Happy with my purchases. Thanks for the heads up OP

Edit: medoramas – i looked at the shoes and they looked didn’t look well made which put me off

spacey

I got the shoes earlier this summer and the cleats tore off one, wouldn’t recommend.

I did get the mucoff lube – it smells of bubble gum!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Went to pick up a rear light from the Waterloo (Hudds) store and they only had 1 front one left 🙁 I wasn’t going to bother with anything until a few of you bugger said they were pretty good!

rOcKeTdOg

i asked the help to go to Aldi, even he refused! no candle in his room tonight!

jonwe
    Free Member

Turbos,bike stands, shit socks and one piece roadie gimp suits (mainly female) in the apsley aldi an hour ago. No sign of garmins though.

IHN

Pair of lobster gloves for me and her, long sleeved top for me and her and some of the posh(ish) lights. Not convinced they’re what I want, but I’ll have a play with one of them and I’ve got 60 days to return the unopened ones.

Oh, and 12 bottles of IPA for about £14 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a winter pro jacket today, nice fit and seems well made.

used the gloves and jacket last night in a lovely little deluge

How water-resistant is the jacket? Is it breathable?

🙂

cookeaa

I just got the shoes as my previous ‘crane’ cycling shoes are just about done for after five years or so, comparing them the construction looks similar but the new ones are perhaps not quite as nice… Got the three strap gopping white and blue pair because my youngest said to…
    They’re primarily for winter use under overshoes so looks ain’t a big issue, we’ll see how they fair.

Also got some cheap leg warmers because you can never have enough pairs of leg/arm warmers and thought I would try a couple of the 89p gels.

No garmins in the Reading store (bath road) fortunately, or else I would have gone and bought one, and then probably regretted it…

Loads of other kit but I have half of their winter stuff already and would only buy it again if my old stuff is knackered and it’s further discounted, which it often is after a couple of weeks..

edhornby

The garmins may not even be in the lock cabinet, I had to ask the store manager who had it in the safe

Don’t mention the reduction section! That’s the real bargain zone 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Just tried out the £9 rear light.

Very impressed, hope it proves reliable.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Loads of stuff left at the Peterborough Hampton store but then it only opened yesterday. Picked up a premium rear light and it is indeed bright can’t imagine it lasting long because of the poor waterproofing.

mcnultycop

Got some (more) waterproof socks and a pair of the giver winter gloves. Loads in stock in Shaw, Oldham.

medoramas
    Free Member

I got few pairs of the woolen socks and a pair of the waterproof ones – very comfy and they seem to be very well made!

The softshell neck warmer and leg warmers also.

Compression Base Layer – I went for size down (normally wear L) and I struggled a bit to put the M on, but when it’s on it feels very good! But then it’s another struggle – to take it off… 😆

I’m also impressed with the winter jersey (the more lightweight one) – L fits as I wanted: not too “racey”, good sleeves length, YKK zips… Bargain!

colournoise

Brother_Will – Member
    Loads of stuff left at the Peterborough Hampton store but then it only opened yesterday.

Loads of stuff left there this morning too, except the one thing I want which is the ‘performance’ winter softshell in large. None there, none in Stanground, none in Bretton and none in Corby. Going to give up now – serves me right I guess for forgetting to go on Thursday. Did get some socks, gloves and Muc-Off though.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Right. I’ve never been to an Aldi ever before but figured I would go as I needed some gloves and lights. There isn’t one near me so I had to go quite far, to the Kenton one which is a more run down/poorer kind of are, the cycling stuff was almost untouched. They had so much stuff I was so excited! I got two of everything! And then the lights all go off. Everyone weirdly enough continues shopping like nothing has happened. I figure this must be regular for this area and all will be okay in 2 minutes or so. I continue filling up my trolley with shopping tat, get to the tils til I see that nobody is able to pay for anything and they are begging everyone to leave. I was so close. So close. I was so excited about getting those £25 moon lights for £8, I bought 3! So we were forced out, and I figured its okay, we’ll just go to the west drayton one tommorow. Turns out Binners was absolutely spot on. There was almost nothing left. 2 cycling tights in a size small left and the £2.99 lights 🙁 I got one of each, figured we’d go try the Kenton one again. Go all the way there. Big crowd of people outside and note on the door. So annoyed 🙁 anyone know how often they have the cycling stuff? Or how long it’s on for? Is it worth going 20 miles out to get the stuff? I just wanted the lights!!!

cp

One day only and when its gone is gone. They do a winter one which is the current one and a spring one. Occasionally odds and sods in-between.

The only thing I’ve been happy with is gloves – winter ones and long fingered summer mtb ones. Stuff is very mixed, some good and some not so good. I generally find that their clothing doesn’t fit too well as a 6ft and slim build.

I much prefer decathlon cycle clothing.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Oh no! I guess I’d better try and get down to the Kenton one again tommorow! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check out Decathalon too, never even looked at Decathlon!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘PSA aldi’ is closed to new replies.