Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA Aldi Air Inflator
  • bigblackshed

LINKY LINK

Spoken about on here loads of times. Perfect inflator if you don’t have room for a tanked compressor.

zippykona

THE LINK DOESN’T WORK…..YOU’LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP…I SAID YOU’LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.
    It makes a bloody racket and scares me whenever I turn it on.

bigblackshed

Thanks for updating the LINKY LINK.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mine has been brilliant…great for car tyres but was essential this evening in getting my gravel bike tyres to tubeless.
    Pumps up my airshot in seconds and often pops tyres on the bead without the airshot

el_boufador

I bought one at £30 but they are now down to £20!!!!

Tracey

We have had a couple of these from Aldi. One is mounted on the garage wall and is great for popping tyres on. Never failed in 10 years. The other is in the camper and has been a godsend at races over the years.
    Both were bought in their sales

At this price it’s a no brainer as the tools are worth it alone

zilog6128

Mains-powered and portable? Must come with a REALLY long cable 😃

mulv1976
    Free Member

As above, is it actually portable? Could do with one to take in the car but if only mains powered it’s not much good 🤔

Tracey

Portable in that it can be carried. We have an inverter in the camper so not a problem. Its not 12v though

zilog6128

Weird that they don’t also advertise say, this toastie maker as portable too then. It’s got a handle & everything! 😂
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/ambiano-3-in-1-sandwich-toaster/p/712905491577200

alpin
    Free Member

All of these mini pumps are loud.

I’ve got the 18v Makita one and it’s loud. Manages to inflate tubeless tyres without having to use a bottle.

clubby

Very noisy, and I didn’t think much of the inflator attachment. Fine for car tyres but couldn’t get it to seat a tubeless bead at all.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m pretty confident that wouldn’t have the initial flow rate to snap a difficult tyre on.

I had one of those (different brand) and it’s basically an electric track pump. Maybe the Aldi one is different but I doubt it.

mav12
    Free Member

no brainer for £20 i paid £50 for mine. it seats tubeless no bother, but i struggled the other day with a non tubeless conti, but handy for charging an airshot will pressure it to about 110 psi, very loud though ,

Tracey

As said above ours has popped on loads of tyres with no problems over the years.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m pretty confident that wouldn’t have the initial flow rate to snap a difficult tyre on.

I bought one after all the raving about it on here. It’s about as good as a quality track pump at seating known compatible combos. Which is pretty much what I expected

Anything aukward just laughed at it.

Mine lives in the van now for flat tire moments.

bigdaddy

Well I’ve just taken a punt as a Christmas present for me that I’ll have forgotten about come the day…

el_boufador

Mine turned up today. Did a test to see if it would pop a tyre on. Magic mary 29er 2.6 on dt ex511. Front wheel, so no insert.
    I fitted this tyre last week, wouldn’t go up with a track pump, had to use the ghetto garden sprayer inflator.

Popped the tyre off the bead completely on both sides all the way around. Bead sat in the rim bed.

Tried without the valve first timw, pinged straight up very rapidly no bother whatsoever.

Second time, had another go with the valve core in , again having popped the beads off both sides. Did manage to get the tyre to inflate & pop on, but I needed to manipulate the tyre a little bit around the valve area to get it to start to seal.

Happy with that for £30, even better for £20.

Yes it is loud!

sparkyrhino

Do they work ok on presta valves?

Tracey

Yes. Mine came with a full set of adapters

zerocool

From a tubeless inflation point of view, how does it compare to a more traditional compressor which has a reservoir tank?

Tracey

Usually takes me less than a minute to pop up a 29 x 2.6 tyre.

stevious

I’ve also taken a punt. If nothing else it’ll save having to use the foot pump for car tyres.

maccruiskeen

From a tubeless inflation point of view, how does it compare to a more traditional compressor which has a reservoir tank?

You can fit enough compressed air in the airline on its own to seat a tyre – on a traditional compressor the air in the tank can’t get into one end of the hose any faster than it can get out the other so to the blast of air that seats the tyre has all come from the hose – all the tank is doing is refilling the air line afterwards. If you ever release an airline thats under pressure you get an idea of just how much air is stored in there. If you’re struggling with any particular tyre set up – just add an extra length of air hose which will store more pressurised air.

The tank’s only real benefit is for applications that call for more continues airflow at high pressure. <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>And they also make things quieter in that once the tank is full the compressor stops where as the Aldi ones above run continuously and just vent the air if its not being used.</span>

maccruiskeen

You can fit enough compressed air in the airline on its own to seat a tyre – on a traditional compressor the air in the tank can’t get into one end of the hose any faster than it can get out the other so to the blast of air that seats the tyre has all come from the hose – all the tank is doing is refilling the air line afterwards. If you ever release an airline thats under pressure you get an idea of just how much air is stored in there. If you’re struggling with any particular tyre set up – just add an extra length of air hose which will store more pressurised air.

The tank’s only real benefit is for applications that call for more continues airflow at high pressure. <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>And they also make things quieter in that once the tank is full the compressor stops where as the Aldi ones above run continuously and just vent the air if its not being used.</span>

phil5556

Mine arrived today, it’s quite loud 😳

Seems to work OK, used it to put a bit of air in the car tyres that happened to warn me they were a bit low this morning. I really bought it for doing the van tyres and filling up the tubeless inflator.

Should it cut out when it gets up to pressure or does it keep running all the time it’s switched on?

I guess it doesn’t have even a small tank?

Tracey

It keeps running whilst it’s switched on

oikeith

Snap, mine arrived over the weekend, agree its loud, but since I’ll be using it outside shouldnt be an issue. Test use will be later on the wifes car tyres.

Northwind

mmm, toasties

willjones
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA. Set up 2 tyres on my eldest’s bike tubeless and they popped straight onto the rim. Tons better than frantic pumping with a track pump. Felt like I was cheating though.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.