Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 392 total)
  • Pro XC Tweaks
  • jonnyrockymountain

What are those Maxxis tyres on ninos bike?

tomhoward

Ardent Race on the front, same rear I think

SirHC

Rear doesn’t look like an ardent race, and certainly isn’t an ikon or Aspen, new prototype tyre?

tomhoward

Yeah just read this morning it’s an unnamed prototype

https://marathonmtb.com/2018/05/22/bike-check-nino-schurters-scott-scale/

ferrals
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve taken some pointers from Schwalbe’s rocket ron u spaced te centre knobs more

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fugly shifter is fugly.

tomhoward

Don’t care, still want.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Ive waited for mtb etap but that shifter is nasty , I’m guessing use a blip box in the stem maybe and just a button by the grips.

But will have to wait and see that sram release

shortyj15

I thought the point of electronics on bikes were to make things discrete and out the way…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Small discreet buttons are great at Bespoked.

I imagine when breathing through every orifice whilst being shaken to bits in an XC race you just want great big impossible to miss paddles.

maxtorque

Dropper Posts!

Letting the lycra louts fly:

😉

tomhoward

He wants to be careful, if someone sees that picture, they might assume that their XC race whippet is suitable for jumps on simple XC graded trails. And we’ve all seen what can happen there…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes I’m sure HE is worried about that. 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Didn’t see too many in the pics, just big balls and talent.

Surprised someone hasn’t built a carbon dropper yet, its not like suspension where friction and heat build up, and sliding carbon stanchions have been done. It’d be expensive, but I imagine there’d be enough people that would pay a premium for it (or go back to a lighter and simpler gravity dropper style post).

tomhoward

Surprised someone hasn’t built a carbon dropper ye

KS Lev Ci…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Earwigs? Oh, and as ever, kudos to PinkBike for their excellent photo coverage of top flight XC.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/photo-report-elite-men-and-women-xc-world-cup-nove-mesto.html

dirtyrider
    Free Member

similar to the mtb Di2 – i don’t get why they try and replicate a standard cable shifter, when they could do anything

steve_b77
    Free Member

Probably because in their minds they’ve perfected the ergonomics of the shifter, so why change it and make something people aren’t used to?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A pro

XC

Tweak

Kuco

maxtorque pic is actually a she as in Jolanda Neff.

tomhoward

Good Christ that handlebar is Gopping!

qwerty
    Free Member

Nu skool retro:

Manuel Fumics FSi via pinkbike

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again, folks!

Holy Stem Angle, Batman!

Soft tail? Also, anyone else think the prototype ‘camo’ paint jobs often look better than the finished product?

Nino drinking the Kool Aid/Snake oil?

BlipDrop

Sauces – https://www.pinkbike.com/news/randoms-albstadt-world-cup-xc-2019.html

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-bikes-and-a-few-randoms-albstadt-world-cup-xc-2019.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great minds, Qwerty! My long winded post made at the same time as yours! Love the retro look of that Dale.

Kuco

The Cannondales are available to buy in red or blue as frame and fork for £3500

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the red Cannondale is a beaut

vibration nonsense on Ninos bike

stem made me laugh, must make seeing the Garmin a bitch

lots of hardtails, is that just because they suit Albstadt?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lots of hardtails, is that just because they suit Albstadt?

Looked pretty non-gnar in the previews over on PB.

maxtorque

That wet woodwork on bald XC race tyres was fricking lethal though! Anne Tauber took an absolute slammer on it, ouch!

celticdragon

Whoever thought that woodwork covered in chicken mesh in those conditions was a good idea needs their head looking at. You could hear Anne’s scream from here!

Kryton57

That particular corner which claimed a few riders was a 90 degree bend falling camber over an 8 inch step down onto more wood.  A recipe for disaster in the wet.

qwerty
    Free Member

Sorry for the double post (i’ve also put this in the XCO round thread), but here is a pro tweak: hands free bi-lateral snot rocket in arduous race conditions:

Just look at that stare… in da zone!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Fantastic coverage of the cutting edge kit on PB. Every time I see these XC bikes I want one, then I remember I hate hard tails and feel sad.
    Hmmm. Now a rigid fork…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Every time I see these XC bikes I want one, then I remember I hate hard tails and feel sad.

Don’t be daft, they’re bloody ace and way more capable, even under a normal rider that you’d first think.

weeksy

Every time I see these XC bikes I want one, then I remember I hate hard tails and feel sad.

Welcome to my world 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t be daft, they’re bloody ace and way more capable, even under a normal rider that you’d first think.

Oh, I know that. I just find hardtails unbalanced in my world. Rigid – yes, squidgy at both ends – great. Squidgy at one end – no.
    Just me, not a reflection on the bikes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(i’ve also put this in the XCO round thread)

That one for the actual racing, this one for the kit and shiny photos?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Damn, that’s pretty.

said no one about a Mondraker ever

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Foxy XR was the prettiest bike ever.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘Pro XC Tweaks’ is closed to new replies.