Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)
  • Private Chat Forum, members only
  • robertajobb

So you’d like me to pay for you then ?

(It’s just like the Brexit debate….no we don’t want to pay to be a member. We just want everyone else to pay whilst we still use all the facilities for free….and not follow the rules we don’t like either)

leffeboy

Sod off you and get that button implemented.

I’m happy to pay my membership just for that line, thank you 🙂

Cougar

This thread again! It’s like £2 a month to be a member of this ace little community.

… and it’s entirely optional. You can fully partake in the forum, for free and unrestricted, if you agree to be served a few adverts instead. The only thing you’re missing (now) is somewhere where people can go “hey, I haven’t received this month’s issue, what should I do?” without gumming up the rest of the forum.

Jesus. This entire thread is “I can’t read posts discussing issues pertinent solely to members because I’m not a member”. Y’all are gonna shit yourselves when you discover that all mains tap water in the UK is now halal.

Cougar

I’m happy to pay my membership just for that line, thank you 🙂

I may have handed in my Moderator card, but anyone hoping I’d also handed in my Grumpy Internet Gobshite card are likely going to be disappointed.

Like and Share if you think this is a disc race.

CountZero

@robertajobb – very nicely put, couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Now, as far as I can remember, I’ve been on this forum for around eighteen years, I used to buy the magazine every month, but stopped some years back, after a knee injury stopped me riding, and I stopped buying other mags too, probably saved me £40-50 a month.
    I started subscribing again last year, because I get so much from being on here, this is a real community, shown by the genuine compassion expressed by members to others when something bad happens, as has been the case with the loss of my partner recently.
    I’m genuinely touched, and more appreciative than I can adequately express, for the personal messages that have been sent, and comments made on the forum, for that alone it’s worth the meagre amount it costs me every month, and I’ve never even bothered downloading the digital magazine.
    It’s odd, actually, that considering how long I’ve been here, back before the Big Hack, (ask yer dad), but I don’t actually recognise the username stgeorge.
    All I can say is, son, put up or shut up.

@Cougar

bearnecessities

Mark
    🙂 LIKE

Who’s this ****?

pandhandj
    Free Member

Cougar
    Y’all are gonna shit yourselves when you discover that all mains tap water in the UK is now halal.

Not in Scotland its not!

dyna-ti

Not in Scotland its not!

Maybe not, but all the chicken in kfc is

Northwind

I assume that since it’s members only I’m allowed to say ****? Kind of like how you’re allowed to speed on the M6 toll?

PS, not sure I’d still sub to the mag if it weren’t for the forum, so, it’s a 2-way thing

pandhandj
    Free Member

dyna-ti
    Free Member
    Not in Scotland its not!

Maybe not, but all the chicken in kfc is

Woo Hoo! I got a bite!!!

But its only a free member 🙁 Do i still get a point?

Cougar

Low hanging fruit.

pandhandj
    Free Member

Lol

Cougar

You know what? I’m going to show you what you’re missing.

“A member’s forum” is Mark (site owner) announcing the sub-forum and soliciting feedback. Which is irrelevant to free members.

“Issue 136 Feedback” is Hannah (Subscriptions guru) asking for… well, I mean, is that an ambiguous title? Which is irrelevant to free members (though I’d perhaps argue that it should be in the main forum for a bit of stealth promotion).

“Issue 136 delivery update” is a notification that the latest issue is being posted by a different company. Which is irrelevant to free members.

“This forum…” is irreverent babble and nonsense, which the main Chat forum is famously bereft of.

“Quick favour…” is someone asking for a discount code which is one of the small bonus perks of being a subscriber. Which is irrelevant to free members and in fact isn’t something that could be asked at all in the public forum.

The last two are exactly what they look like so welcome to the Internet, and are already stale.

How much do you reckon they’re gonna ‘monetise’ that lot for? Clearly sitting on a ****ing goldmine there, I hope Mark’s got his Lamborghini order reserved.

duncancallum

I’m not sure mr George gets the fact it’s a business and the company registestraion number isn’t a registered charity number.

Stuff costs…

Be it paper, be it space on a server etc.

I gladly pay and support for a myriad of reasons, same way I support Cranked.

Anyway I’m of to get a big issue for free, it’s got adverts in it so it must cover its costs hey?

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s a plot to ban me from the pub quiz, isn’t it?

Cougar

You didn’t turn up in the first bloody place.

Cougar

You make a good point though. Maybe we should announce the link to the next one (and there is going to be a next one soon) over there.

duncancallum

Percybot….

You dontexist your a team of Soviet grand masters and spys…

kelvin

Love it when Cougar is on form.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Love it when Cougar is on form

You’d have hated the pub quiz then 😉

funkmasterp

Is that a flashheart thread in the members only forum? 😂 why yes, yes it is.

welshfarmer

[strong]Cougar[/strong] wrote:

Maybe we should announce the link to the next one (and there is going to be a next one soon) over there.

Please give me plenty of warning this time, I need to get some beers in to see if I can match certain other participants. And buying beer is currently a major expedition involving a few days planning. It would be also quite nice to take part in the quiz as well and not just turn up for the post quiz chit-chat.

Cougar

You’d have hated the pub quiz then 😉

Shithead.

Please give me plenty of warning this time

How much do you need? It was a couple of weeks and two rolling threads at least last time. And the first half hour of the Zoom was still two thirds of the group going “what do I need to do?” when we’d spent days of our lives writing explanations. We were this >.< far from me and Dan filling in everyone’s answers for them.

And Perchy would still have won.

Love it when Cougar is on form.

Thank you. I do worry sometimes that people take me far too seriously.

(Well, I say ‘worry’…)

welshfarmer

My problem last time was that the first time I actually got around to reading the thread about the quiz was 2 hours after the quiz had gone live 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

FFS blackballed by the committee.

Cougar

My problem last time was that the first time I actually got around to reading the thread about the quiz was 2 hours after the quiz had gone live 🙂

Ah, right, I see the issue now. It’s the first two words of your post here.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Was it crocs on the green?

Cougar

I’m not liking this new woke edition of Cluedo.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Don’t fight it.

As long as the regulation crease in your y-fronts is there your Astra key will be accepted.

Cougar

Either this is a pop culture reference which has passed me by, or you’ve drunk more than I have tonight.

bearnecessities

It’s Vaux pop.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Wink……

jonnyboi

Strava
    Veloviewer
    Ride with GPS
    OS Maps
    Netflix
    Prime at Xmas

Unless OP has cancelled all these then I guess it’s all about perceived value rather than affording £2.50 PM

rOcKeTdOg

At least in the fee paying subscribers, we help to support the mag group we can vote on who gets banned next 💪

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

then try and monetize it does irritate me somewhat

Go setup your own free forum then.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I think the best bit of the new members only section is having the old classifieds back.

monkeyboyjc

People will find anything to moan about 🥺…..

“It’s new! – I don’t like it”

matt_outandabout

Thank you STW staff, mods, members and more.

I think the magazine is great, I read it every month. I spend way to much time on here. It’s ace. And a bargain.

Drac

I think you must be doing something wrong, really

I do many things wrong, complaining about not getting something I’ve not paid for isn’t one of them.

csb

I think the best bit of the new members only section is having the old classifieds back

Looking forward to getting first dibs on lots of bargain bits.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Private Chat Forum, members only’ is closed to new replies.