Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prince Albert sizing revisited
  • andrew
    Free Member

Just before the evilzone onslaught I asked about sizing for a PA. I got a load of really helpful answers which made me take the plunge and celebrate my increasingly debt-free existence with a new-to-me PA:

(On my way back from the Chinese the other night; it’s a rough and ready singlespeed conversion (big ring kept as bashguard, tensioner because I couldn’t be arsed waiting for a half link, one brake because I couldn’t be arsed waiting for a new set, etc; gears will reappear when the mud in the woods goes too))

It’s a great frame; that much is already obvious from a couple of short local night rides. I just wondered what stem size people were running? I went with the advice given and got a medium (I’m 6′ with 33″ inside leg) but seem to remember that people the same height were using a shortish stem: 60-70mm – is that right?

JoeBones
    Free Member

I run a DMR conrod 50mm on mine (small)

Si
    Free Member

5ft 9, I ride a small with a 410mm Thomson post and a 60mm Stem

andrew
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s v. helpful

rOcKeTdOg

medium 75mm on mine (i think, not touched it since i fitted it 3 years ago

solamanda
    Free Member

I rode a medium and am 6ft1. I found a 40mm stem was ideal but I was using it for dh as well as xc.

wildrnes
    Free Member

oh crap
    i think mine might be too big…
    but i love it
    i am 5’10/11, and have a medium

anyone want to swap….
    it looks huge next to the wife’s 14″ and 13″ bikes

theboatman
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 on a small with a 75mm stem, I have used a 90mm for longer day/ weekend type rides. Not sure I’d want the frame to be any smaller.

andrew
    Free Member

Thanks all. Ad now on classifieds for stem swap 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

6ft with a 33″ inside leg.

Medium PA with a 50mm stem 1.5″ risers (680mm+ width) and a long thomson seatpost

Gary_C

Medium PA 90mm 10deg rise stem.
    Built up only 3 weeks ago,& rode 7 days out of the last 9!!
    Out on it tomorrow & Sunday too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert sizing revisited’ is closed to new replies.